main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Once You've Seen TFA / Rogue One / TLJ...

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by EHT, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    After you've seen the movie, please join the discussions HERE in the updated TFA forum. It is no longer "7SA" or "TFA SA"... it is now just The Force Awakens, and it is for everyone who has seen the movie to discuss it together.

All of the Episodes 8 and 9 content has been moved to a new separate 8 & 9 SA forum, and none of those discussions are allowed to take place in the TFA forum. Also, this NSA forum will continue to exist for all No Spoilers discussion going forward for all of the new films before they come out (for the Sequel Trilogy and the Anthology spin-offs).

B99, TheYodaPagoda and Dak Oolron like this.
  2. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Is it possible to have a thread to discuss TFA, in order to discuss the movie without fear of Spoilers as filming is to begin soon. I know the mods are very good, but they cant get every spoiler, especially with filming scheduled to start this month.

3. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    We would ideally like the TFA discussion to be in the TFA forum, but if you mean a new, single TFA discussion thread for this No Spoilers forum for the reasons stated, then yes... that should be fine.

4. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003

That is exactly what I meant, with your permission, I would like to start it. I will be sure to be explicit in the opening thread and title as to what the purpose of the thread is.

5. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  6. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    Am I missing something, or is there no sub-forum for those who have seen Ep.7 and wish to discuss Eps.8 & 9 spoiler-free while being able to reference spoilers in Ep.7 ?

7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    We now have four New Films forums, plus more coming as additional movies get released. People are going to have to figure out which of the existing forums suits their needs best.

The TFA forum is for all discussion of TFA (for those who have seen it, meaning you WILL get spoiled there if you haven't), but it's not for discussion of episodes 8 and 9.
    Episodes 8 & 9 SA is obviously for discussion of those upcoming films, but when spoilers start coming out more, they will be allowed in that forum.
    Anthology SA is for discussion of the spin-off movies, and spoilers are allowed.
    And then here in NSA, all of the new films can be discussed, and spoilers are not allowed. However, we're at the point now where TFA has been out for a month in most markets and most people here have seen it. To be safe, though, nothing that was ever considered a big spoiler should be put in a thread title here, or typed without using spoiler tags in posts (at least for a little while longer, anyway).

You may also want to take a look at this thread that Ghost_Jedi started, here in the NSA forum: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-force-awakens-discussion-thread.50037266/

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So by, I dunno, August can the Non-Spoiler forum talk about (MAJOR SPOILER) scene with (MAJOR SPOILER), etc. etc.?

9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    People here can already talk about TFA things that used to be considered spoilers... as I said:
    "However, we're at the point now where TFA has been out for a month in most markets and most people here have seen it. To be safe, though, nothing that was ever considered a big spoiler should be put in a thread title here, or typed without using spoiler tags in posts (at least for a little while longer, anyway)."
    So the only restriction that's still been in place recently for TFA stuff in here is really just titles and spoiler tags, but I think at this point that can stop now too. As said above, we want the TFA discussion to happen in the TFA forum if possible, but we understand concerns about 8 and 9 spoilers (even though those are all supposed to ONLY go in the 8 and 9 SA forum). So TFA can be discussed here too, but of course nothing at all spoiler-related is allowed for any discussions that creep into 8 and 9 territory.

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Updated!

As before when TFA was released, we're inviting everyone here (AFTER you have seen the movie) to join the larger discussions about Rogue One in the new Rogue One forum here: http://boards.theforce.net/forums/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story.10901/

That forum is now separate from the Anthology - Spoilers Allowed forum, and there is a No Spoilers policy in place there (for anything other than Rogue One, obviously).

11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Updated again...

Once you've seen The Last Jedi, please join in the discussions in the newly-named Sequel Trilogy (released films) forum (previously the TFA forum). Spoilers for Episode IX will not be allowed in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.