main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

one big star wars saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by obi_webb, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    i apologize if this has been mentioned a lot before but as i go through the boards i see the talk about the prequels and the original trilogy as completly seperate things but doesn't lucas consider them all one big saga now? i mean, i'm not saying that everyone else should see things that way or anything but does anyone see it that way too?
    to me because i thing ROTS bridged the gap between the two so well i just condider it one big thing. just curious to what others think

2. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    They should have been a saga but Lucas set about making them so differently that they look separate.

3. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    that's a good point. if you look at a new hope and then the prequels they seem like very different films, aside from the obvious better special effects. but like i said, i think III retained some of the spirit of the first films

4. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    They are one big saga.

5. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    but told through two different perspectives. the pt is a much more broad story. more planets more complex characters and more bluring ofthe lines. we see the pt through the eyes of obi wan.

the ot is a smaller more concise story, black and white, good vs evil. we see these films from a simpler viewpoint from that of the droids. thay don't have as much of an understanding of the complexities of the galexy.

I like the way they are split up.

6. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    Is this topic appropriate for the Saga forum? Seldon?

7. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I'd think so considering that it is questioning the ability to take all the movies as one (saga), or seperate them in two.

I don't mind the visual seperation between the two trilogies. What I look at is the story. And with that said I can honestly say the only part of the saga that feels different story, and visually is AOTC.

8. StarWarsSaga

StarWarsSaga Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    The six films are one big saga I, II, III, IV, V, VI.

9. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    but each movie is an individual film with a different style and texture. each trilogy has a perspective of its own. lucas takes advantage of teh mediem of film. while I loved LOTR which is essentially one really long movie in 3 parts (like the books). star wars is 6 individual films which tell one large story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.