main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends One by One (Obi-Wan, Bant, Qui-Gon, and others)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padmay_skywalker, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padmay_skywalker

padmay_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    Title: One by One
    Author: padmay_skywalker
    Time frame: Obi-Wan is 15
    Summery: Padawans start disappearing and Obi-Wan meets an old friend?
    Disclaimer: The great bearded one owns all. I?m just borrowing.
    Notes: My master JOINME helped me come up with the beginning, so I?d like to say thank you once again. This is also my first story so here goes?

1. Garen

'Are you going to eat that?'

Bant Eerin placed her mostly empty plate on the food hall table, eyeing her friend Obi-Wan's plate warily.

Asides from a small muja fruit, everything else on his plate consisted of a greyish, gunky sort of cereal. Obi-Wan was staring at it miserably.

'Well?' Bant was giggling now. 'How did you end up with that?'

Obi-Wan sighed as he picked up his spoon and tentatively poked at the cereal.
    'She just dumped it on my plate,' He gestured towards the cafeteria lady. 'I couldn't be rude.'

Bant shook her head. 'You're too nice for your own good,' she muttered, amused. 'You need to be more forceful. Like me.' She gave him a wide Mon Calamarain smile.

Obi-Wan shrugged as he dropped his spoon and reached for the muja fruit instead. 'I'll remember that... .?

Bant started on her own fruit.
    She stopped for a moment, then scanned the crowd of Padawans and Masters, eating, talking, leaving..

She frowned. 'Say Obi-Wan, has Garen come yet?'

Obi-Wan shook his head. 'Haven't seen him. But he knows we always sit at this table so..'

Bant's frown deepened. 'He wasn't here yesterday either,' she murmured. 'Not even at evening meal.'

?And I don?t remember seeing him at all yesterday, come to think of it?? Obi tilted his head to the side and tried to remember when he had last seen Garen.

Bant?s frown continued to deepen as the meal passed slowly by. Every so often Obi-Wan or Bant would say something to no one in particular, trying to figure out where their friend was.

Just as the meal ended Obi-Wan had an idea. ?Could he be in the medical ward? I mean Garen, wasn?t feeling too good a couple days ago. Maybe that?s where he is.?

Bant looked unconvinced, but she agreed to go anyways. As they walked down the hall toward the medical ward, they ran into Master Yoda. ?You two are going where, I wonder??

?Good morning, Master Yoda,? they both said and their bows were even synchronized.

?Good the morning is, Young Padawans. To where are you heading?? Master Yoda asked again.

?Oh, we?re just going to see our friend in the medical ward. He wasn?t at the morning meal. And he wasn?t at any of the meals yesterday.? Bant said calmly. Even though she felt calm she was about to burst with nerves. Being around Master Yoda always made her nervous.

?Good that is. Being a caring friend is good. Good may the day be to the both of you.? Bant and Obi-Wan bowed as master Yoda said that. When they were sure that Yoda had turned the corner they started to run down the hall toward the medical ward.

Bant was always faster then Obi-Wan so she beat him there. When she opened the door, Obi saw her jaw drop and she stopped right in the doorway. As Obi-Wan caught up with her he started to get a bad feeling. ?I have a bad feeling about this.? Obi-Wan said under his breath.

As Obi-Wan reached the door he realized why Bant stopped. Garen had indeed been there. But he wasn?t any more. Instead there was Garen?s lightsaber and a note. Garen had been kidnapped, and it was plain who. Bant uttered a shudder and said at once. ?We have to go report this to the Council.? Obi-Wan nodded his head dumbly and started off at a flat out sprint with Bant close behind him.

TBC...

Respond?

[face_chicken]

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Great padmay I am glad you are writing ---- WOW FIRST REPLY[face_dancing]

this is going to be interesting what has happened to Garen
    and who is it that has kidnapped him.
    The bit about the grey slop for breakfast reminded me of the scene in THE ISLAND when he had no choice of what food he was allowed to eat.[face_laugh]
    MORE Soon
    :D

3. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Nice beginning!

And interesting twist on the way these stories usually go, having Garen kidnapped instead of Obi-Wan. :D Good job!

I'm looking forward to more!

4. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
    Gkilkenny: I loved THE ISLAND! It was an awesome movie and Ewan did an awesome job! About your questions...we'll see...[face_devil]

maychorian: Thanks next chapter coming tomorrow hopfully!

[face_chicken]

5. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    *runs into room panting*

*plops herself into chair trying to catch breath*

I'm here, I made it! *Mutters something about traffic under her breath*

Curse that time difference.. well it's morning here and I just woke up and my inbox told me you posted so...yay!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing]

He he, I know some things others don't. [face_mischief]

This was great Padmay_Skywalker! I wonder what the note says... [face_worried]

It is a wonderful change to see someone else kidnapped for a change. lol. :D

Hmmm...I wonder what the Council will do?

Please post soon!! [face_praying]

P>S I'm so proud that you posted! [face_love] [:D] and excited too....[face_dancing]

[face_chicken] [face_chicken] :D

6. DarthAnakin101

DarthAnakin101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    Great job!

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'll be looking forward to updates on this one! :D

8. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Great start! Yeah..that made me think of "The Island" too! Lol

9. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
    Chapter 2 Niceness

When Obi-Wan was 10 feet from the Council Chamber, he glanced to his left to look at Bant. He was startled to see that she wasn?t beside him. Obi-Wan looked behind him and saw an empty corridor, with the exception of two young Padawans getting into trouble. ?Sith!? Obi-Wan looked back toward the Council chamber. ?It?s so close! Garen needs you! Do it!? A voice said inside his head, but another one said,? You have to back for her! What if he got her too? It would be your fault.?

Obi-Wan decided to go back and look for her with only a moments hesitation. Obi jogged the way he had thought he had come. One side ache and 3 corridors later he found her sitting on the floor with her back against the wall. He let out a sigh of relief and ran the rest of the way towards her.

Bant looked up and Obi-Wan saw that her eyes were red and her face tear-streaked. ?Obi-Wan! What if he died? I?it?too hard?? Bant went into another fit of heavy crying.

Obi-Wan hugged his friend reassuringly. ?Hey. Hey, it?s ok. He didn?t die.?
    Bant looked up at her friend, ?How do you know??

?We would have felt it. The Force would have told us.?

Bant wiped away her tears with the sleeve of her tunic. ?You?re right. I?m being foolish.? After a couple deep breaths she was back to her old self. ?Hey! Why aren?t you talking to the Council? You shouldn?t have come back for me.?

Obi put his arm around her shoulder and said in a teasing voice. ?I?m too nice for my own good, remember? So how I feel if I left my friend when she needed me most?? He gave her a big grin.

Bant laughed and pulled him into a hug. ?Thank you my friend. Most of the time your niceness is your downfall but now it is appreciated.?

?Your welcome. Now let?s go and tell the Council before it?s too late.? Bant nodded and they ran down the corridor this time keeping at the same pace.
    ____________________________________________-

I realize this is kinda short but I have to get ready for my cousins wedding!

10. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Interesting. I wonder who kidnapped Garen, and why. Hmm... [face_thinking] And Obi's so cute in this, he's such a good friend. [face_love]
    Great start, more soon please! :D

11. JOINME

Jul 25, 2005
    Great update!

For a sec, I thought Bant got kidnapped too... like poof!... [face_worried]

Obi-Wan was very sweet, of course Bant would be upset..

I hope the Council will find a way to help Garen. [face_praying]

More please! [face_batting]

12. JOINME

Jul 25, 2005
    UP! please? [face_batting]

13. KnightTachi

KnightTachi Jedi Knight

Aug 23, 2005
    Wow, this looks awesome! I can't wait for more. *rubbs hands in anticipation* :D

Too nice for his own good, huh? Yup that pretty much sums up Obi-Wan. :)

14. Padawan_Anne

Padawan_Anne Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    I love it [face_love] :p

I think I should reconsider posting my story seeing as how I don't know how it could compete with all the awesome writers we seem to have around here [face_thinking]

15. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
    Thanks every one! I'll post as soon as I can, but at the moment my geogrphy teacher has my notebook. So I can't post anything because it has chapter 3, 4, and part of 5. I was writing during the time we were taking notes but I had finished. And she still took it anyways! UGH![face_frustrated]

16. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    Great story :) I love young Obi-Wan fics :D

17. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

I thought for a minute there that bant had gone too
    But as usual Obi-wan to the rescue.

enjoy the wedding padmay and hurry back to post more.:D

18. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
    Damn the geography teacher.[face_frustrated]

19. JOINME

Jul 25, 2005
    That geography teacher better watch out, cos I'm coming after her! :mad:

*waves hands in teachers face*

You will now give back my Padawans book

''I will now give back your Padawans book''

You are a meddling pile of bantha poo doo

'' I am a meddling pile of bantha poo doo''

Update soon! [face_praying]

20. JOINME

Jul 25, 2005
    *excitedly*

did the mind trick work??

Because I'm dying for you to update!

*dies*

21. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
    No! Dont die!! Please Master!

And no the mind trick didnt work, she said she'll give it back Friday!:)

22. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
    Chapter 3

?Master Yoda,? Mace Windu was saying, ?we have to take control over the lunch ladies. Their serving the Masters and Padawans garbage. I should know.? He let out a burp that had indeed been caused by the food. He still had the nasty taste in his mouth. ?If we don?t do anything-?He was cut off by two young padawans burst in panting heavily.

?Masters! Garen?not at breakfast?medical ward?note!? gasped the Mon Calamarain padawan Bant.

All Obi-Wan Kenobi did was gesture towards Bant as if that is what he wanted to say.

?Calm down, you will. Take deep breaths, you should take. Start over you will.? Yoda said next to Master Windu.

?No time! Quick, medical ward?Garen?kidnapped!? Obi-Wan managed to say.

At last all the Council gave the Padawans their full attention. ?Kidnapped? How do you know this?? asked the Jedi Knight Ki-Ad-Mundi, his usually gentle voice stern.

?Well, when Garen wasn?t at breakfast meal we thought that he might be in the medical ward. But when we got there, all we saw was his lightsaber and a note.? Bant said regaining her voice along with her nervousness around the Masters.

?A note? What did it say?? Mace said frowning. He was not expecting this to happen to anyone other then Obi-Wan.

?I don?t know. We didn?t read it.? Obi-Wan said. ?We didn?t touch it so it should still be there.?

Master Windu put his face in his hands in frustration, //These young padawans don?t think of anything\\

?Good it is that you didn?t read it. Read it first we should.? Master Yoda spoke up for the only second time since the padawans came. ?Go we must. Serious this is.?

All the master?s rose. Master Yoda got into his floating chair. Down the hall they all walked, following the padawans in silence.

They passed Qui-Gon in the hall. He sent a thought too his padawan, //Padawan what is happening? Why are all the Masters following you and Bant? \\

//We?re going to the medical ward.\\

//What?\\

//Don?t worry about me. You should be worrying about Garen. He was kidnapped!\\

?What?? Qui-Gon meant to say it in his mind but it escaped his lips.

?Master Qui-Gon it would be appreciated if you would be quiet, we are trying to think.? Master Windu said sounding stricter then he meant to.

?Sorry. Where are we going??

?The medical ward. A learner has been kidnapped.?

?Other then Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon was genuinely shocked.

?Yes master.? Obi-Wan was getting annoyed that all the masters think that he was the only one getting kidnapped which was not?actually? it was, true now that he thought about it.

Obi-Wan looked over at Bant and saw she was trying hard to conceal the grin that took up her whole face. ?It?s not funny!? Obi-Wan whispered.

?Yes it is!? Bant whispered now unable to hid her smile.

But it quickly vanished when they came upon the medical ward door. Master Yoda went in first followed by Mace Windu and the rest of the Masters. Obi-Wan and Bant brought up the rear.

The note was passed from Master to Master. When each of them read it their faces fell. The note finally got to Obi-Wan and he stunned of what he saw. Only one sentence, but it was like a 10 page essay:

They Will All Be Mine, One By One.

It might be a while before I post Chapter 4, but I'll try my best. You see I haven't written it yet, and i dont want the stupid teachers taking my note books again so I cant do it during class.

23. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

It is true the only one to ever get kidnapped is nearly ALWAYS
    Obi-wan.[face_laugh]

They are all acting strange8-}
    Who will be next!!!

24. Padawan_Anne

Padawan_Anne Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    [face_love] .....UPDATE NOW

25. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    Hurray! The notebook is returned! [face_dancing] Please more soon. This is awesome! [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.