main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit One Canon - Merging Legends and the New Canon - TFA spoilers, very much so

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 8, 2016.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The Y-Wing that survived the Battle of Yavin was an A4, a one-seater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vncredleader likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What if the point of divergence between the old EU and NEU was if Abeloth made it to where the Father, Daughter and Son were living at 100,000 years ago or not? Wouldn't have to worry about the Corellian insurrection, Dark Nest Crisis, the Second GCW or FOTJ series.

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well it could be any point where time was changed for Abeloth. Which was at least three times.

Darkslayer and PCCViking like this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    3 times not including Lotf/FOTJ or including those stories? Dang. Now I'm curious to know what happened.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    When they talk about Abeloth escaping they reference the Kwa-Gree war, and there were two other points as well. Jacen's is the fourth, I recall.

6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Could Vitiate's reign been one of those times? Or would that have been too soon prior to her last escape?

Darkslayer likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I suspect she last escaped in 30,000 BBY. As in, when the Celestial realm fell.

PCCViking likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The Gree went into seclusion after that right or at some point? And the Sharu devolved at some point as well. I'm going to assume because of Abeloth. What was the creature trapped in the Unknown Regions? Mnggall-Mnggall? Maybe one of the other times related that thing with Abeloth?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Now, what was the individual that Jaden Korr encountered in the Paul Kemp duology? When I read it, it reminded me a lot of Abeloth, but I knew it couldn't be her, but could it have been connected to her in some way?

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Rakatan Mother?

I assumed it was a Rakatan anti-Abeloth project, actually.

11. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. So, that would mean they were trying to fight fire with fire, so to speak?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Precisely so.

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Going to have to reread those books. Memory is a bit fuzzy

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

I love those books but I hate that there's sort of a cliffhanger ending we'll never know the end to (we know that, at the very least, Jaden remained a Jedi Knight through all of FOTJ).

Force Smuggler and Sinrebirth like this.
  15. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    So do the one sith still exist in your time.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well yes. But they make the move we see in the Legacy comics in the Apocalypse offshoot.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I absolutely love Sinrebirth collection of multiple missions ontop of missions happening at once when the Battle of Scarif takes place. So I guess the end result was all the missions succeeded and they ended up with two full sets of plans. The DS1 plans from Scarif and the DS1 plans from Toprawa - so which plans did Leia load up into R2? I guess it's the Scarif ones since we see them downloaded to the same card that Leia loads into Artoo. Also it adds extra reason for Vader to be super-ticked when he finally catches up with her at Tatooine because he's been watching Leia and the Rebels steal Death Star plans from multiple locations.

18. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  19. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
  20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    True. Curse the Do-over and the lost duology. Who knows what we could have gotten that would have expanded our knowledge of the past or Jaden's future?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Killik_Sith_Lord
    Woah. As if they weren't frightening enough.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    They were cool when they weren't hive-minded and were extinct and mysterious. They built cool nests, were the subject of a painting, and as you see there, one was even a Sith Lord. Then Denning came along...

Darth Caliban and vncredleader like this.
  22. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I seem to hear that a lot. Thank god I have not read his stuff.

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Chapter 21 quotes Apocalypse.
    Found the Gree war one.

I'm assuming that this is another time Abeloth escaped and not further elaboration from the Gree war. And just one escape in general and not more than one.

Trying to find the reference to FOTJ being the 4th escape.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I took that each relief showed an escape. So it was the first escape, then three depicted, and FotJ was the fifth. My apologies for the poor memory.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It gave me a reason to look it up for curiosity's sake. Haven't read it since the novel was released. Meant to at one point but didnt get to it. Sounds reasonable enough. Thuruht might have mentioned that she escaped escaped several times over the years but didn't list all of them. Makes me more curious.With all you have going for this project one faulty memory is not that big of a problem.

Sinrebirth and PCCViking like this.