main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit One Canon - Merging Legends and the New Canon - TFA spoilers, very much so

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 8, 2016.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Sorry for the DP but had to comment on this. Thuruht did say that the Jedi and Sith have been at war for 5,000 years, which, started the cycle that ended with Jacen's action in LOTF.

So Vitiate's reign could not be one of the times Abeloth escaped. Then again, the Kiliks didn't know that Abeloth had escaped already in FOTJ. Though, maybe they didn't know the other times until the Brother and Sister came to them. And who knows? they might just add Abeloth for the hell of it in TOR, now that TOR is the only story going on in the Old EU.

PCCViking likes this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Sinrebirth Amazing timeline.

One question: doesn't Rogue Planet seems to directly contradict AOTC here? :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Not necessarily. Tarkin would have presented the concept to Chancellor Palpatine. Palpatine (as Sidious) would have given that concept to Dooku to give to the Geonosians to begin development. Then the initial plans are handed back to Dooku, who gives it back to Palpatine.

Darkslayer and Force Smuggler like this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Works for me.

5. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Lol, so it seems like people are playing "hot potato" with the Death Star plans. I approve! [face_laugh]

PCCViking likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Tarkin actually took all the credit for the first handover of the Death Star concept in Rogue One. He was establishing that he was reclaiming the idea.

So it dovetails neatly with Rogue Planet!

*works on his 4 to 5 ABY timeline in anticipation*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Well, Rogue One, Rogue Planet... :D

8. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Now I want to read Rogue Planet.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I very much enjoy it. It, Outbound Flight and the Crimson Empire Trilogy make a very neat 'required reading' trio for the NJO series.

10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Funny you mentioned Outbound Flight, that's also on my reading list. I'm really hoping we get more stuff between TPM and AOTC soon, because I think politically you could have some very interesting stories.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013

Seeing this quote from Apocalypse reminds how cool certain parts and ideas from the book were. If DNT/LOTF/FOTJ had been competently planned out from the beginning, it really could've been an incredible story. The eventual retcon conclusion of Jacen going to the darkside to prevent this great disaster, inadvertently creating it is pretty interesting, and maybe you don't kill Jacen in Invincible and some other things are better thougt out and you have truly engaging story. It's interesting that flow walking could lead to bad things happening, cause it seems like a pretty unnatural power to begin with. The Throne of Balance is an interesting concept. It's a shame all this was put to waste over the course of 18 books in which there doesn't seem to be a clear throughline, not just between the series but between one novel and the next.

Force Smuggler and PCCViking like this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I know, right? DNT, LOTF, FOTJ planned from the beginning could have been amazing.
    I'm following a fan-fic series that is doing a good job of this imo.
    SBS-Anakin Solo lives,
    DNT-The Killiks rise up to destroy the galaxy before Abeloth is awakened. The One Sith doing stuff in the background.
    LOTF-The One Sith and allies all attack. The Lost Tribe would play a role as well. Still ongoing.
    FOTJ-To come
    Legacy comic era-trilogy looking back at some previous events and events to come and set up a Dark Council plot that ends with Snoke going back in time after setting up a plan to release Abeloth one last time.
    And one more story where Abeloth comes back, to come out eventually.

Jacen deserves to live. Or at least get redeemed. Or at least fall to the dark side better than Lumiya bringing up Vergere.
    Glimpses of how different choices for iconic moments that we know in the movies/old EU could have gone would have been awesome.
    Maybe Jacen gets visions of how each Darth Who? Sith Jacen could have been and we see how those end up.

13. Darth Droid

Jul 4, 2013

I'm fine with the death of Anakin Solo. It's shocking and unexpected and it would've been fine if we hadn't later lost Jacen and Mara as well.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Me too. Just giving some ideas that series did that could be done in pro-fic to make the era better.
    Also, old EU characters that haven't been seen in years and some NEU characters.

15. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Honestly, it's aged very well. That was one of the first EU books I ever read and I still enjoy re-reading it to this day. Greg Bear gives us a very interesting antagonist in Raith Seinar. An amoral weapons designer whose sole interest is devising bigger and more powerful weapons. The dynamic between Seinar, Tarkin and Ke Daiv makes for a very interesting sub-plot.

Darkslayer and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. Darth Droid

Jul 4, 2013

Is it possible you can direct me to some of this fics you're reading? They sound great.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That moment when your 13 Star Dreadnought list has to include two Annihilator's...

... That list Rae Sloane accessed seems mightily arbitrary.

I'm having to assume it didn't include post-Endor construction. But do we assume it includes pre-Endor destruction?

Such as the Vengeance and Terror, two SSDs destroyed before the Battle of Endor?

I have the ever so annoying Assertor-class Star Dreadnoughts to waste two slots with either way.

18. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I counted around twenty Executor classes in the starfleet; Possibly less, probably more. Executors were considered the finest vessels of their time, so there was likely many more of the Assertor, Bellator and Mandator classes active during the war. Where does the thirteen dreadnought figure come from?

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Aftermath II: Life Debt.

20. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Or become Darth Krayt. [face_devil]

darklordoftech and Vialco like this.
  21. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Unless one of them is a secret prison for a recanonized Isard to run in joint operation with Rax. Maybe it's buried under the surface of Coruscant. :D

22. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Oh God. No. No no no. That was utterly ridiculous the first time. Why on earth would you bury a vessel that powerful? And how? Palpatine does not have the power to make millions of people forget something. The Lusaniya being buried beneath Coruscant cityscape as a secret getaway ship for Palpatine is one of the more ludicrous things that came out of Legends.

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And the Lusankya would hardly be on a public record of Star Dreadnaughts, either. So it's not among the 13.

PCCViking likes this.
  24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think they ended up having it disguised as a very large shield generator complex before installing it - so there was no need to make millions of people forget anything.

25. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Sinrebirth I have a(nother) request: can we see pics of your One Canon (TM) bookshelf?