main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit One Canon - Merging Legends and the New Canon - TFA spoilers, very much so

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 8, 2016.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

(I know you're joking but) In Aftermath, Tashu, a dark-side cultist, called Luke "incorruptible." I think canon is trying to build a case that it just would not be in Luke's nature to go to the dark side, for any reason.

quinlan solo and Sinrebirth like this.
  2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Sinrebirth

Ok I got for yuh. If someone asked this one already I apologize.

Explain Malachor in Rebels and Malachor in KOTOR 2. How does that fit in One Canon.

3. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    The Malachor in Rebels isn't identified as the fifth planet. Malachor V was destroyed, but the system's other planets probably survived to an extant. Either that or it's like the two Bysses thing.

4. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Sinrebirth if Luke does end up being Rey's dad and the mother/wife is not Mara Jade I will definitely be interested to see how you will attempt to try to put those two things into one universe. Luke was a playa.

Revanfan1 and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    As pointed out by SpecForce, it does not note which planet in the Malachor system it is.

Both Malachor II and Malachor III were habitable in Legends, and had events take place on them.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Malachor_II

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Malachor_III

Malachor V only was destroyed.

It's curious, as it creates the impression that the star system itself was created, insofar as much as Corellia was five habitable worlds present.

So I'd be content with Malachor from Rebels being Malachor IV or some-such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

vncredleader And this has been, a one canon explanation.

Sinrebirth I always admire this thread and the creative nature of mixing the two together. It's going to be interesting to see how long we can keep this up the further on we go.

7. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I was just thinking about this yesterday. Even if we concede that it was a different planet in the same system, at what point does the epic Jedi vs Sith battle take place? During Kotor 2, before, after?

Darth Caliban and Sinrebirth like this.
  8. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    As the only Legends work still being continued, I wish The Old Republic would incorporate canon elements into the game to make it feel more relevant to new players (exploring Jedha, Ahch-to, etc). The Scourge of Malachor would make for a very significant in-game event.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That's for canon to decide. It post-dates the Hundred Year Darkness, is all we know. Terrak Morrhage, of Malachor II, predates ToR by millennia plural, so the Jedi knew of the Malachor system before Revan discovered it. So as long as it post-dates that, it does not especially matter when it occurred. Anywhere between 5,000 and 2,000 BBY is no real harm, it just changes the strain of Sith responsible for the battle.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh i'd love to explore Jedah in it's hay day.

Well according to the greatest source of all time WOOKIPEDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!.......The Sith were formed 6000 years before the Clone Wars according to the Canon section.

11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    There was a line mentioned by Palpatine in Empire's End, that I wonder if it could tie into Vitiate and the One Canon: Palpatine mentions having seen a game evolve over eons, and the only Sith Lord we knew to have lived centuries was Vitiate.

12. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I don't think he's speaking literally. Might just be a bit of dodgy grammar, but it seems pretty likely he's referring to having seen different versions of the game from over the eons. Besides,
    that whole conversation is essentially Palpatine embracing the idea that he might die, and what contingencies he puts in place because of that. Not exactly the talk of an immortal Emperor.

13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Good. I didn't like that story at all in Legends EU. I mean Luke's not perfect, no one is, but he didn't go to the dark side for Leia, I can't see anything else pushing him off that ledge.

quinlan solo likes this.
  14. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    spoilers for Rebels Zero Hour
    I always wondered who Thrawn was talking to in his last words in the Thrawn Trilogy "But it was so artistically done..." Was he talking to Pellaeon?

However, with One Canon and the Zero Hour episode of Rebels revealed, I'm going to make a guess that Thrawn was talking to Bendu. Thrawn having the last word against Bendu, so to speak. Bendu said in 2 BBY that he saw Thrawn having "many arms surrounding him in a cold embrace." Thrawn is finally replying in 9 ABY to Bendu that, even so, "it was so artistically done."

15. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I was watching Rogue One again, and I noticed how Tarkin justifies his takeover of the Death Star to Krennic by saying that he was the one who presented the original idea to Palpatine years ago. I assume Tarkin is referring to stealing Sienar's idea in Rogue Planet and presenting it to Palpatine as his own? Because I'm not sure what incident Tarkin could be referring to if one goes by Disney canon alone (I haven't finished reading Catalyst or Tarkin, but both of those take place after the Death Star idea was already around in AOTC).

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    There is no canon equivalent I am aware of - so it perfectly referenced Rogue Planet.

17. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Sinrebirth I brought this up some time ago (more of a joke than anything at the time) but I am curious if this event were to play out how you would incorporate it into one universe with all the legends stories. And that is if Rey does end up being Luke's daughter but the mother is someone else other than Mara Jade.

In order to put that into one universe with Luke also being married to Mara Jade is there anyway you could do that without saying that Luke was two timing or that Luke and Mara Jade practiced polygamy?

18. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    jamminjedi23
    Well then it was obviously Luuke the whole time. :p

19. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Rey was born in 15 ABY. This was 4 years before Luke and Mara got together.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Wellllll.

We have had a Skywalker in a polyamorous relationship before; Cade and Deliah, though I would likely argue that only she was polyamorous, (and she implied all Zeltrons are). Doesn't mean she couldn't get jealous, and she did, but she also loved Cade and accepted his feelings and connection with Azlyn as a good influence.

Either way.

If the timeline implies Luke had two wives I'll roll with it but if Rey is his daughter the child would have predated his relationship with Mara... she's 19 in 34 ABY, and thus born in 15 ABY, and he married Mara in 19 ABY. So I reckon it can be fudged.

PCCViking likes this.
  21. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Who said Luke was married to Rey's mother?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Valid point is valid.

PCCViking likes this.
  23. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

True. And this is all just speculation of a scenario that might be true after Ep. VIII. In anycase though I would imagine that if Rey does end up being Luke's kid it will be a daughter through marriage and not just some chick he was having fun with.

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Stop! I don't need to buy anymore SW books now but you are making me want to! :p

PCCViking and Sinrebirth like this.
  25. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016

Luke didn't go dark in Dark Empire, according to Chee "he nearly fell". He came pretty close but Leia saved him just as he was about to fall off the edge.