main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit One Canon - Merging Legends and the New Canon - TFA spoilers, very much so

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 8, 2016.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    We have seen families in Legends serving in the Imperial military (the aforementioned Needa, and also Captain Dorja, the captain of the ISD Relentless, whose daughter was a commanding officer by the time of the Yuuzhan Vong War), so I wouldn't be surprised if it was retconned that the Motti/Jerjerrod/Ozzel were relatives of their movie counterparts.

Either that, or Palpatine really rewarded military prodigies (although Ozzel is stretching that theory past the breaking point :p ).

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Or there is massive nepotism in the Empire - with some people getting promoted far too young, due to influential families.

3. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

That's true. The implication I got from reading Thrawn and Lost Stars is that there seems to be that attitude among some of the Imperial academies. Of course, part of that may be due to Core World citizens (we saw a clash of attitudes many times in Legends, especially during the New Jedi Order).

Sinrebirth and Iron_lord like this.
  4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Might be interesting to see what the official ages of certain characters, ends up being.

Sinrebirth and PCCViking like this.
  5. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Of course the answer may be that those officers just age very slowly...like Logan. :D

6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that a point was made in Lost Stars of how Ciena reaching "Star Destroyer Captain" in her early twenties was proof that the Navy was desperate and the system was breaking down - I'd probably go with "characters are older than the actors" as the most common solution.

7. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Normally, it's the reverse, but that would make the most sense in this situation.

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    That would be Dawson Casting. Hollywood Old is not as common, but it does happen.

PCCViking likes this.
  9. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

I wonder how weird it was for Captain Dorja to be in his sixties-to-seventies before having Vana. Same goes for Lando and his son Chance. Fifties I grant you to have kids but seventies, just no.

10. bhagavandas

bhagavandas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Just finished Lords of the Sith now and can't believe its over. Just awesome to see Vader and Emperor together. Just can't wait for the new Vader comics. Is Tarkin worthy of reading? Show us a little bit more about Vader and the Emperor?

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    He didn't look very old in his Star Wars Rebellion illustration.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dorja

63 is old to start having kids - but he was still serving at 85 (Hand of Thrawn) - I think Zahn subscribed to "people live healthy for a long time".

Wookieepedia suggests that Dorja joined the Imperial Navy at some point after 19 BBY- but I'd say that it's more likely that he, like Pellaeon, joined the Republic Navy and stayed in it as it changed into the Imperial Navy. You don't join militaries in your late 40s, generally speaking.
    Tendra was in her fifties, at least.

12. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Interesting that in the Legends comic book Darth Vader and the Lost Command, Admiral Garoche Tarkin--Wilhuff's son, was an Admiral circa 19 BBY. So unless Wilhuff was a teenage dad, Garoche was at most 25...

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Good point. Given that Tarkin promoted the 19 year old Daala to Admiral, similar nepotism may be in play here.

Oddly, the 10 BBY pages suggests Tarkin and Thalassa were married then:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/10_BBY/Legends

raising the possibility that she's his second wife, and that Garoche was either born to a first wife, or born out of wedlock.

Do we have anything that confirms the date of Tarkin and Thalassa's marriage?

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Sinrebirth which occurs first, Rogue Planet or the Anakin & Obi-Wan comic?

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I've not read the comic but the book appears to depict that Anakin has been grounded on Coruscant for a while - so I'd say book first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I've read the comic. Since Rogue Planet took place before the Jedi Quest comic in Legends, and Jedi Quest depicts Anakin building his lightsaber (which appears in the Anakin and Obi-Wan canon comic), the order should be Rogue Planet, Jedi Quest, Anakin and Obi-Wan.

17. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Thanks for the clarification you guys!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Jedi Quest: Path to Truth has Anakin building his lightsaber, but the main series, beginning with Jedi Quest 1: The Way of the Apprentice, takes place some period of time afterwards. Also for some reason Wook says Outbound Flight takes place between JQ1 and 2.

So the full post-TPM, pre-AOTC Anakin would be:

Rogue Planet
    Jedi Quest: Path to Truth / Jedi Quest comic
    Obi-Wan and Anakin
    Jedi Quest 1: The Way of the Apprentice
    Outbound Flight
    Jedi Quest 2-10
    The Approaching Storm

19. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Sinrebirth[/USER]
    i have Ventress fate in order now

after Dooku betrays her, she becomes a bounty hunter and later goes back to him and once he betrays her agin she becomes a bounty hunter again and dark dicsiple happens.

PCCViking likes this.
  20. Zohar

Zohar Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2017
    8-}

Vthuil likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    There is a big gap between Savage betraying Ventress and Ventress turning up at Dathomir, where Obsession fits.

22. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Ok really so obsession takes place in between those events ok but what about vos he would have been undercover at the time but he still in the jedi order at the time of dark disciple

23. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Are Outbound Flight and Approaching Storm any good? I've been thinking of giving those a try.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Flight is awesome. Storm is awful. I say this with love.

Darkslayer, Vthuil and SWpants like this.
  25. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    At least it gives some context on Barriss and Anakin knowing each other before they start fighting it out in 'The Wrong Jedi'

PCCViking and Sinrebirth like this.