Lit One Canon - Merging Legends and the New Canon - TFA spoilers, very much so

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth, Jan 8, 2016.

1. sidv88 Jedi Master

star 4
    This would actually be an interesting idea that was missed in the prequels that Disney could follow up for the sequel trilogy.

Ben Solo: Master Skywalker, if Jedi are supposed to be guardians of peace and justice, then why should they back the Republic only? Shouldn't they at least hear the First Order side of the story?
    Darth Caliban and DARTH_MU like this.
  2. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    Vos also mercy killed that Jedi; they had already poisoned themselves.

So all he did was kill some clones, and I am unsure if he did do that from memory.

In Legends he killed that Senator in cold blood and was accepted back. And hospitalised K'Kruhk. And murdered his aunt. So it's a bit up and down...

If you discount the Jedi in Canon, he was worse in Legends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Darth Caliban likes this.
  3. sidv88 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not sure if the Jedi knew about Vos killing his aunt? They definitely knew about Senator Viento though. Considering only Vos and Dooku were there at the aunt's death, Vos could have blamed it on Dooku.

So from the Legends' Jedi point of view, Vos only killed Senator Viento, who the Jedi later discovered was a Separatist--Although not outright stated, it seems clear to me that Vos retroactively played up the killing as helping the Republic war effort, no different from killing a military target like Grievous etc (Yeah it obviously wasn't, but it was never made clear the Jedi knew that).

Meanwhile in canon, Vos killed a Jedi (who he mercy killed only because the Jedi activated his biological poison to defend himself from Vos' attack) and many other clones (I remember clearly he killed a bunch of clones in the novel)--to free Dooku. Going from what the Jedi know in both continuities, the Disney Jedi had far more Vos crimes that they knew about than the Legends Jedi did.

And K'Kruhk--the Jedi probably figured if K'Kruhk wasn't permanently harmed, then what Vos did to him isn't worse than what he goes through on an average day anyway, considering how many times he's been trounced...

And remember, Legends Vos publicly stated he was leaving the Jedi after the Clone Wars to marry Khaleen. So from Legends Jedi point of view, Vos is as good as gone anyway.
    Last edited by sidv88, Jul 11, 2017
    spicer and Sinrebirth like this.
  4. Vialco Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    In Legends, Vos confessed all his crimes to the Jedi Council. But he omitted his cold-blooded murder of Sheyf Tinte Vos. Perhaps he felt that such a brutal act would not be forgiven by the Jedi Council.
    Darth Caliban and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. Vthuil Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, but it *wasn't* a "cold-blooded" murder - he killed her in a rage after learning that she'd fed his parents to vampires. That's why killing the clones in DD comes across so poorly. They're completely innocent victims whereas everyone else is like Anakin killing Dooku: bad, but you can understand why he did it.
    Mia Mesharad, Sinrebirth and spicer like this.
  6. DARTH_MU Jedi Master

star 4
    Ganner Rhysode and Wurth were in charge of the Academy while Kylo Ren and the rest of the Knights of Ren indiscriminately slaughters everything in their path while Kam and Tionne went to Luke and Aphra's wedding.
    Last edited by DARTH_MU, Jul 15, 2017
  7. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    That wouldn't work on so many levels... to predate Wurth and Ganners deaths Ren would have wiped out the Jedi before the first year of the Vong War was over.

Thanks for the novelty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Vialco Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Plus The Ganner would have crushed the Master of the Knights of Ren.
    PCCViking and Sinrebirth like this.