main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit One Canon - Merging Legends and the New Canon - TFA spoilers, very much so

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 8, 2016.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Malorum's office was in Yoda's room.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Yes, you're right. It's been ages since I've read The Last of the Jedi books. @PCCViking your suggestion can make sense in the One Canon :)

PCCViking likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I have a similar view. Two Palaces; two Viziers; two Death Stars; two Empire’s; two Sith. Palpatine lover twos.

As to the Inquisitors training grounds - Prakith was the location of their Legends fortress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I miss Sate Pestage. I don't like how Mas Amedda is Vizier forever. They could have gotten a very cool story of Amedda falling from power for Pestage to take over, possibly in Rebels, with Amedda taking the blame for the heroes' victories and being usurped by Pestage.

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I bought all the paperbacks with the legends marker on them. Sure, got the hardback from back in the day, but they are in the shed stored in file cabinets that are too hard for me to move...so I bought them books again just to relive some adventures like Pattern of the Force, Children of the Jedi and the like. Man, in Patterns of the Force, Probus Tesla was a real tough Inquisitor. Heck he even semi flew while looking for Kaz. Real good stuff.

Nom von Anor and Sinrebirth like this.
  6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    After seeing Solo last night, I'm thinking:

the events of the Lando Calrissian Adventures could have still happened, with that reference to Oseon. Maybe L3 was along for the ride in addition to Vuufi Raa?

Voltron64 and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  7. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I have to disagree. Keeping Mas around for the entire time stays true to George's vision of Palpatine's true confidant and advisor. Most people don't realize just how much Mas knew. He stands by Palpatine's side when the Emperor orders Anakin Skywalker to shut down the Separatist battle droids. He hears Yoda call the former Chancellor Darth Sidious. He sees Palpatine launch lightning from his fingertips that incapacitates the Jedi Grand Master. Mas knew everything about Palpatine and still remained loyal. He even calls Palpatine "Master" in the aftermath of the Duel in the Senate. That one word sums up Mas Amedda's true character and knowledge.

He knew everything about Palpatine and had no issue serving the Dark Lord of the Sith. Pestage can't be said to have the level of loyalty and dedication. Even if he did help save Darth Plagueis' life and watched Sidious and Plagueis use their powers openly.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    In my headcanon Amedda is Wyyrlok I, so I’m content with him running the Empire until it falls and securing the future of the Sith himself.

9. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    He also mentions the Sharu and the Starcave Nebula, so all three could well have happened.

10. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    This is Palpatine. Does he care at all about loyalty? Remember that look on Dooku's face when Palpatine ordered his execution?

I have no doubt Amedda would follow Palpatine into Chaos itself. But it's not his choice that's the law here, it's Palpatine. Palpatine would drop anyone, no matter how loyal, the moment someone better showed up. It's the Sith way. I'm surprised Amedda wasn't executed for bringing backup way too late to prevent Yoda's escape.

It's not Palpatine's way to let anyone accrue power too long other than him and his Sith apprentice. "You have become a rival!" he shouts to Maul. Palpatine's way is to keep the minions battling each other but never powerful enough to challenge him. Krennic does all the work for the Death Star and then is taken down 10 notches when Tarkin takes command (and we all know Palpatine planned this). Why should Amedda be any different?

So Mas knows that Palpatine is a Sith. Assuming he survives any political downfall, is Mas Amedda going to write a tell-all book? Shout from Coruscant rooftops that Palpatine is a Sith? I guess if he's suicidal. Or even if he does do that, the chances are no one will care or dismiss his claims as a disgruntled ex-employee (the way it goes in the real world). Lando didn't even know what a Sith was in his canon comic book miniseries.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Palpatine does care about loyalty. He cares even more about trust. That's why Amedda is kept around for so long. Few people are trusted with the secrets of Darth Sidious. Mas Amedda is one of those rare few. Dooku was sacrificed to obtain what Sidious thought was the perfect apprentice.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

12. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Not so sure about that. He was ready to sacrifice Vader just for the chance that he *might* get Luke to become his apprentice.

Kev-Mas_Colcha and sidv88 like this.
  13. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I won't go into spoilers for the Solo movie, but after seeing it I now feel that my earlier theory that this movie was the holofilm "Han Solo and the Pirates of Kessel" will not work. :( People knowledgeable about the EU will understand why after watching the film.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  14. Darth-Krayt

Darth-Krayt Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 25, 2018
    Dp

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  15. Darth-Krayt

Darth-Krayt Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 25, 2018
    1-Shrike actually works for the same organization as Proxima

2-The first scene of the film takes place right before he goes too Coruscant (Paradise Snare) . Proxima and the criminals that were not at the ship don't know Han already escaped fro, Shrike before, Han goes back for Qi'ra and than has to go too Coruscant for a "oficial" assignment

3-Han was still the one that captured Chewbacca but they don't seem to remember one another

4- The scene where he wins the falcon still takes place on Bespin, it is just a part of the tournament Han won

5-Jabba was not the gangster from the end OR Han and Chewe already met him before going after Lando and just decided to refer that way as "let's take another job for him" or something like that

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  16. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Since it seems it's ok to post spoilers under a tag, I'll post a very mild one to explain why I feel this movie no longer works as 'Han Solo and the Pirates of Kessel' holofilm:
    A character mentions Dathomir in the movie. If this was an in-universe holofilm, that means Dathomir was known by the holofilm producers circa the Battle of Mindor in 5 ABY, and viewers of the holofilm would also become aware of Dathomir. Luke Skywalker had seen the film and presumably Han Solo too.

However in 8 ABY, Luke has no idea what Dathomir is in Courtship of Princess Leia. He tells R2 to run a holonet search on the planet and nothing comes up. So... Luke doesn't remember the planet from that bad movie he saw 3 years ago? How did the holofilm producers find out about Dathomir to include it in their film if all mention of it was wiped out by the Empire? It no longer fits.
    Sad too because if it hadn't been for this one line of dialogue, the movie would have been perfect as 'Han Solo and the Pirates of Kessel'.

Personally I'm defining my own canon on my personal choices now rather than any set rules. I loved Rogue One, so I no longer consider 'Rebel Dawn' canon and the 'Han Solo Trilogy' is now a 'Han Solo Duology' for me. Having a great 'Peter Cushing' as Tarkin portrayal seals the deal for me.

Since I didn't like Solo, this 'Han Solo Duology' is still my personal canon for Han's background, and the movie isn't (made easier that Glover and Ehrenreich look nothing like Williams and Ford). Star Wars: Underworld comic and Scoundrels novel recaps what happens with Bria, so this duology isn't completely left hanging by the loss of Rebel Dawn.

I hate 7 and 8, but just the feeling of seeing Ford, Fisher, and Hamill again make me feel the films are canon rather than not.

But I don't consider any of the supplementary new EU material (Aftermath trilogy etc) as canon.

Thus my headcanon is:

All EU up till 'Tatooine Ghost' is my canon, minus works that contradict Rogue One (Rebel Dawn, X-Wing PC Game, Dark Forces 1-2. Jedi Dawn, Death Star novel, etc)

Crimson Empire 1-2, Jedi Academy Leviathan, Jedi Academy PC game, Scourge novel, Survivor's Quest (this has one mention of Jaina, but it's not outright said this is Leia's daughter and we can write it off as Han's lost mother, also named Jaina. Luke married Mara, a fellow Knight, who was killed by Kylo). None of these works mention Leia's children so they can fit. My take is Luke had a small order who was all killed by Kylo, seen in these works--if you add up all named Jedi in the works, it comes to about a dozen. Luke defeating the reborn Emperor etc are offscreen adventures. By including as much of the old EU and new Jedi Order stuff that doesn't mention Solo children as possible, it makes me feel Luke had a good life before it all ended.

Maybe Bloodline will be the sole new EU work in my headcanon to provide connective tissue between 'Survivor's Quest' and the ST.

Then presumably 7,8 and 9 due to the presence of the OT actors.

And that's where my own headcanon is right now. I doubt I'll consider any future Anthology movies as canon, unless they are REALLY good or fit easily into Legends: even Kenobi (the longer Kenobi is Ewan, the more jarring his shift to Guinness will be and it's best to leave 19 BBY-0 BBY blank for Kenobi if you want a believable aging transition)

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    SWpants likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Dathomir being known to the highest echelons of a criminal group is not a big issue.

Anyway, to the film.

Aside from it being brilliant, I’m firstly going to Link this.

http://www.starwarstimeline.net/latest_news.htm Joe does a good job of expalining what may first appear to be inconsistencies.

However, the Solo Guide tells is that Han’s birth date has been moved forward 3 years, so Han escaped Corellia firstly in 13 BBY and then is in the Navy/Army in 10 BBY.

But I’m checking the birth element so I will confirm shortly.

18. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    After some thought, Solo could be the "Han Solo and the Pirates of Kessel" film if they got an actual Nightbrother actor (or possibly Legends Maul himself if he's alive) to play Maul. This actor would have adlibbed the Dathomir line, and the movie made without wider knowledge of the planet itself.

Luke and han would have forgotten this one line in a forgettable movie by the time of Courtship.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The problem is, in the context of Most Wanted:

Han estimates his age at around 18. And this is shortly before Solo.

In which case, his birth date would need to have been moved backward, not forward. Age 19 in 13BBY, 22 in 10 BBY. Unlike in Legends when he was around 19 in 10 BBY.

Wookieepedia's pages for Han's birth dates are consistent with the above - 32 BBY in Newcanon (making him 22 in 10 BBY), 29BBY in Legends (making him 19 in 10BBY).

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  20. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Ew. Leia was 19 when they met. The larger age difference makes that relationship creepy.

I wonder if things were changed because of, um....what Fisher revealed in "The Princess Diaries."

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Doubt it.

The age gap is irrelevant. Attraction is what it is. As long as it’s legal, who am I to judge?

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  22. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Solo spoilers
    So, the "Mimbanese" fighting the Empire in Solo are obviously the Coway, right?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Definitely.

Darth Caliban and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  24. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    To that end, I wonder...

if the Empire's objective in that scene is to obtain Kyber crystals. Would be an even nicer tie in to a certain novel. :)

25. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    So, just how well does the new Solo film mesh with the Millennium Falcon novel? Or the cameo appearance of the Falcon from Episode 3? All still reconcilable?