main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit One Canon - Merging Legends and the New Canon - TFA spoilers, very much so

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 8, 2016.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Lando had the Falcon from 5 BBY, so, presumably that would need to be shuffled forward... I feel as if the Lando novels end up shuffled forward to pre-Solo by the references, and of course Solo book 1 to before Solo by necessity.

Working on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Yeah, it's all a little tricky, but easier than I was expecting.
    The Kessel Run is basically the same 'solution' to Lucas misusing actual scientific units that the EU gave, with the Maw still right there. The main 'beats' of the stories - Imperial service, saving Chewbacca, the relationship with Lando, etc. - are basically the same.

3. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    So back to the Inquisitors so there are two grand inquisitors in One Canon and one trade in his name for the grand Inquisitor am i correct?

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The numbered Inquisitors form their own group, indeed.

Kev-Mas_Colcha and PCCViking like this.
  5. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    so in one canon the numbered inquisitors are a rank with in the inquisitors so is the canon grand inquisitor in charge of that rank or are there two grand inquisitors to the whole inquisitors

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Two, in my eyes. Two Sith, two empires, two Executors, two Death Stars, two Viziers, two Intel groups, two loyalty groups.

Palpatine likes two.

7. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Heir to the Empire page 224 confirms that Han and Lando did a Kessel run together before Han won the Falcon from him.

That’s curious.

9. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Especially when the "official" Kessel Run in the Han Solo Trilogy didn't include Lando (the dumping of the spice thanks to being ratted out by Moruth Doole).

blackmyron likes this.
  10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Han had owned the Falcon for two years by that point.

It's true though that the Han Solo trilogy, during the time when Lando owns the Falcon (The Hutt Gambit), never shows Lando doing Kessel Runs.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well Solo covers a Kessel Run they did together, arguably.

It’s almost as if the Han Solo book 2 and Lando’s adventures takes place before Solo, and Chewie and Han and Lando are playing a massive con on Crimson Dawn.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  12. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    this makes the movie even better in one canon that they were playing one big con

SheaHublin likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  14. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I'll need to check my timeline notes but I'm liking it. =D=

I wouldn't even mind something where Lando and Han keep losing the Falcon to each other. I mean, it sort of happens in the OT, right?

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And JAT

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    honestly i am working on my own fanfic https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12667522/1/A-Second-Sister-story it's the story about The Second Sister and i found away for me to fit it into my personal canon in it there are three Second Sisters and i am planing on merging it with Legends by having a certain Inquisitor from Legends appear in chapter 7. I am went now have three chapters, i am on working on chapter 4 wait now

Sinrebirth and PCCViking like this.
  17. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Regarding @Darth Invictus 's question about Yoda fighting the Dark Jedi in the Solving EU Inconsistencies thread, I wonder if after that encounter, Yoda suggests to Palpatine that they may need a protocol to deal with rogue Jedi commanders to avoid a repeat.

Palpatine smiles and says, "That's a good idea, Master Yoda," with Yoda not knowing about the Order 66 protocol/chip. Palpatine could even use the Dark Jedi uprising on Bpfasshi as further evidence of "Jedi treachery" when establishing the Empire.

18. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    Individuals like Pong Krell work to solidify that even more

PCCViking likes this.
  19. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Wait when does FU and FU 2 take place before Rebels or during

20. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    I'd imagine before, at least for the first game

21. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    and the second game when is that after rebels season 2 or in the middle of rebels season 3

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The first game predates the episodes where the Ghost picks up Mon Mothma and she rallies the Alliance at Dantooine.

The second is useful if only to explain where Vader is during the Thrawn arcs of Rebels. I would place it at any point during those seasons, but probably after Thrawn Alliances.

23. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    In Dark Empire, Salla Zend also mentions that she and Lando did a Kessel Run on the Falcon.

In terms of the 'main beats' of the EU and Solo stories, there's also "orphan Han escaping from criminal using a gang of kids."

Actually, didn't the Crispin trilogy also have Han inventing a new last name for himself, too - twice, actually? Once as a kid with Shrike, and then again when he enlists with the Empire?

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He enlists under what he believes is his real name - Han Solo - in the Crispin trilogy (having found out from Dewlanna the name Solo, + remembering the name Han from childhood before ending up on the street and being picked up by Shrike.)

He uses a lot of aliases, but they tend to be both names - Vykk Drago, Jenos Idanian, etc.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Missed opportunities, not using those aliases in the movie.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    PCCViking and Dr. Steve Brule like this.