main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Chance--OT/TPM AU starring Luke & Qui--In the hands of other authors now.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Clarus, Dec 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Up, anyone?

AQ

2. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    This is an awesome story! Please someone, anyone, post! :)
    Really, y'all have to or I will be in pain!
    ¿Por favor?
    (UP)

3. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
  4. Enigma_X

Enigma_X Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    Perhaps I'm being presumptuous to add here, as someone may have a better way of doing this. I've never done any fanfic at all, so I hope it's okay. Here's my shot.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Qui-Gon watched as both younger men turned to him- slowly, as they had been so very intent on each other. Solo wore a look of pained anger that felt strangely aged- this was an old pain, an old anger. He had lived with them for quite a while, and he seemed half lost, still partially in the place and time from whence they came. Obi-Wan?s expression was easier to place, more immediate- disbelief fighting a raging war with shock and horror.

?Master,? he whispered, and Qui-Gon could feel his need, a hopeless desire to be told that this was all wrong, that the truth was something other than just that.

Qui-Gon regarded Solo for a moment, trying to decide if the smuggler would understand that Obi-Wan needed to be comforted before the discussion could continue.

There were people who felt guilt more deeply than others, who did not explain their misdeeds and mistakes away easily. Luke had made it clear during their talk that Obi-Wan was one of these- in case Qui-Gon had not already gathered as much- that 30 years from now the old man who Obi-Wan would become blamed himself for the Darkness consuming the galaxy. Qui-Gon felt that pain; he had experienced it before, he had lost an apprentice to the Dark. He also ached for that future Obi-Wan, and for the thing Anakin would become?.

But then, he reminded himself, wasn?t this the point? Luke had been right. The Force had willed this, that these three travelers come here, to the past, in order to change the future. So that Obi-Wan would not know that guilt, so that Anakin and the galaxy would not suffer, being consumed by the Dark.

That, then, should be the focus. Placing blame and agonizing over what had not happened yet would get them nowhere. And so he spoke to Solo.

?We must be calm. Luke has told me what I gather you just told Obi-Wan. But it has not happened yet. Obi-Wan is yet blameless; Anakin is yet pure. Palpatine?s rise has begun, but it has not finished. We must find a way to stop it from happening. I gather we have already changed the future. Luke tells me that, in your past, Obi-Wan trained Anakin alone, that I had no part in it. He did not know the details of what happened to me, but here I am, and we are both to train the boy.?

Han nodded slowly. Obi-Wan still wore a fearful, anguished expression, but he was clearly listening, as well.

?I will not pretend that what Luke told me did not shock and pain me. I don?t presume to understand how terribly you and your friends must have suffered. I don?t know precisely what will happen. But we obviously already know a great deal more than what we did. Up until now, we presumed that Palpatine had no Force-sensitivity at all. Clearly that is not the case-?

Qui-Gon caught Obi-Wan?s bewildered look at that.

?Luke tells me that not only is Palpatine a Force-user, he is a Sith Lord, capable of Force-lightning. Luke saw it with his own eyes.?

Obi-Wan?s expression went from bewildered to stunned.

I think we may safely say that he- Palpatine- is master to the Sith we met and battled. Frankly, I can only assume from my apparent absence in Anakin?s training that I died in that duel.?

At this, Obi-Wan started, then nodded vigorously. ?Yes! Right before they?well?fell on his head?I was consumed with a certainty that??

?I was about to die?? Qui-Gon finished for him. Obi-Wan nodded, mute with grief at the possibility. Qui-Gon looked at Han. ?See, there you have it. The past and the future are already changed. There is no place for blaming or guilt at this time. Surely there was a reason for you and your companions ?dropping in? at that precise moment. The Force was at work.?

The three stood in silent reflection for several moments, then Qui-Gon broke the quiet once more. ?Luke also tells me that Palpatine is the one who will turn Anakin and train him, as Vader, in the Sith arts. I belie

5. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Ooooo! Great job! I'm glad someone decided to update on this! Enigma_X, you say you've never done any fanfic before? :eek: Wow! You did an awesome job for your first time! Keep it up!

AQ

6. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Wow, Enigma, that was fantastic! And no, you're not being presumptuous - this story has had more authors than Liz Taylor has had husbands.

I'm just glad to see it's not dead (I know, I know, it's partly my fault), and perhaps I can take some motivation from your post.

7. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Thank you so much for posting!!! That's so cool! Thank you for being brave and courageous! :)
    Coolness!!!
    It's alive!!! muahahaha (wrong story...)

<3,
    Princess Moose

8. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Up! ::AQ looks around shyly:: If no one minds, I'll post a little something...

~*~

Leia watched as Queen Amidala and Chancellor Palpatine spoke in hushed tones as the music played nearby. Palpatine had been spending much of his time with the Queen, and she was suspiscious. Her mother had no idea who she was dealing with. Leia did.

Leia shook her head. Why didn't she just tell Amidala what was going on? It would certainly make matters easier for all concerned.

Oh yeah, that'll go over really well. I can see it now. "Hi! I'm really your daughter from about thirty years in the future and your chancellor is really a Sith Lord who will turn your future husband into a Sith and they will be responsible for the deaths of billions of people. What's been on your mind recently?"

Saying something like that would probably have Amidala carefully calling for the guards to take Leia to the nearest asylum.

So, she merely watched from the shadows. She would protect her mother as best she could from there. But, for now, she wouldn't reveal anything to her, unless there was no other choice.

"Your Highness?"

Leia jumped slightly and whirled around. Standing before her was smiling Qui-Gon, a serious Obi-Wan, and a grinning Han. Giving Han her best pointed look, she turned back to Qui-Gon and asked, "Yes, Master Jedi? Can I help you?"

Qui-Gon bowed slightly. "We need your help. It's about the Chancellor."

Automatically, Leia glanced over to where the Queen and Palpatine stood. No longer were they talking quietly, but watching the dancers with benevolent eyes. But... there was something about those eyes of his...

Leia shivered slightly and turned back.

"Yes, of course. I'd be happy to help in any way that I can, Master Jedi."

~*~

Ok, I hope no one minds if I put that in. I can delete it if you want me to.

AQ

9. Enigma_X

Enigma_X Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    Sounds fine to me.

The only thing is- and I'm not talking about your post or anyone else's in particular- I wonder about the semantics of the story. How in-the-dark should they keep the Queen? I mean, she is the one w/ the most experience dealing with Palpatine and the politics of her time. Obviously there's no reason to tell Anakin- just keep a close eye on him. Anybody have an idea as to what Luke is doing at the moment?

What makes this interesting is that none of these characters are really clear on everything that happened. It's almost like a puzzle they're trying to put together, despite missing the central pieces that make up the picture. They know the beginning and the end, but not the middle- which is what they must thwart.

Thanks to all who said nice things. *blush* And nope, that was my very first attempt at doing even a little passage of fanfic. Everyone who says that it seems a lot longer before you post it is right!

10. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Yay! New post! Cool post AngelQueen!
    I wonder what they're planning to do...
    :)
    God bless!

<3,
    Princess Moose

11. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    ^^ ¡¡¡UP!!! ^^

12. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    *sighs*
    UP! And stay up!!!

13. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    I told you once already...
    ¡¡¡UP!!!

¡¡¡ARRIBA!!!

14. War_Child

War_Child Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    Hello, I'm new here... but not new to writing fan stuff of any kind. Let me add my two bits... plenty of AOTC refs in this one...

<><><><><><><>

The two Jedi Knights, one princess, and one ex-smuggler all made their way to a more private area. "So Leia, I can safely assume that despite whatever this Empire did to suppress any materials in regards to the Republic, I'm assuming your father, your adopted one I mean, has talked a lot of the experiences he had as Alderaan's senator." Qui-Gon looked at the princess for a response.

Leia nodded. "Father did tell me a lot of his life during the senate." For a moment she looked downtrodden, as she remembered that Bail, her adopted father, was the one who cared for her all these years, not...

She shook her head, trying to clear her head. This conversation is important to the future. "Sorry."

"That's alright. I didn't meant to stir up any... unpleasant memories. Hopefully with what you can tell us, we can find a way to prevent Palpatine's rise to power." Qui-Gon waited for Leia to calm a bit before he continued. "We need to know how was it that he was able to gain that power. There are limits to the Supreme Chancellor's powers."

"But not when most of the Senate believes that giving the Chancellor emergency powers would help save the Republic," Leia chimed.

Both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon gave her that 'Are you really serious?' look, while Han looked indifferent.

"The Senate actually gave him emergency powers?" Obi-Wan asked. Leia nodded.

"Why would they feel the need to do so?" Qui-Gon inquired.

"Because at the time there was a secession movement," Leia answered. "I'm not sure of name, but it was make up of systems that represented important financial, trade, and industrial concerns."

The disbelieving looks continued. "A secession movement?" went Obi-Wan.

"And I can see why they could give him emergency powers. The loss of important economic centers would do a lot of damage to the entire Republic economy. But that wouldn't be enough reason to do so," Qui-Gon mused.

"Well... there was one detail I haven't mentioned yet. They later discovered that seceeding systems were doing a large military buildup. And combine that fact there were numerous assassination attempts at the same time against various senators," Leia explained.

"Then there would a lot of worry among the senators that the secessions would want more than independence, and thus believe that they would need to respond in kind with their own military buildup," Qui-Gon commented. "And more then enough reason to give Palpatine emergency powers, considering more or less that the Senate relied on the Jedi to keep the peace, and did not keep a standby military."

"And with this, marks the beginning of what we know as the Clone Wars, as the Republic took advantage of a recently produced clone army to serve as their first soldiers," Leia explained. "And the Jedi served as leaders of the war. My father had known you as a General in these wars, Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan blinked, as it seem, there were a lot of surprises. "Me, a General? But why would we even we involved with leading an army against a group who just wanted independence?"

"I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it had to do with that Count Duke guy who was leading the movement. The Jedi had something against him or another." Leia sighed, but then all eyes were on Qui-Gon, who seemed quite surprised.

"Master?" went Obi-Wan.

"It's not Count Duke." Qui Gon turned to everyone. "It's Count Dooku, my Master. I don't understand why it must be him... but that all makes sense... and everything else too."

"What does?" went Han.

"This invasion. Your seperatist movement and the Clone Wars. I suscept that Palpatine did not happen to be lucky that these events occurs so he could gain more power. I believe he was creating them on purpose," Qui-Gon explained, added with a downtrodden look. "And somehow my Master fits into all this as well."

Obi-Wan didn't know how Qui-Gon came up with all that, be he knew that Qui-Gon held his master, Count

15. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Oooo! Nice!

AQ

16. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Yay! Thank you for posting! You are now my best friend! :-D
    Cool post!
    (¡UP!)
    God bless!