main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Chance--OT/TPM AU starring Luke & Qui--In the hands of other authors now.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Clarus, Dec 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady-Fett

Lady-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2002
    HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[echo] hellooooo...... [echo]

Where is d post?

2. Jedi2500

Jedi2500 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2002
    Yeah,wheres the post?

3. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    any writers here? :(

4. Lady-Fett

Jul 26, 2002
    Will someboby write at least one post? At least just one....ANYBODY?!?! *blasting ki energy everywhere till the room totally got destroid* >=(

5. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    How about we all PM the old authors of this story, and ask them to write? They all kinda left, and I don't know why.

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

6. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Um, guys, hate to break this to you, but Clarus has left the boards. She left before most of you even joined. I can't do any more writing as of now, but since I did do some writing in this story, I will eventually get back to it. Only problem being I have college coming up in less than two weeks. Once I get myself settled, this will be at the top of the list.

excal

7. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    I tried to PM the writers a while ago, Sara :D
    Yay excalibur!!!

8. Lady-Fett

Jul 26, 2002
    I know i'm pretty late but I wanna say Gudluck excalibur2358!

9. amt55

amt55 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2002
  10. Master_Jador

Master_Jador Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2002
    I'm new here, but I absolutely love this story! I think it's incredible, and I really like the way it's going. BTW, if at some point I wanted to actually write a chapter of the story, would that be OK?

11. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Hello. Just found this thread. I loved the scenes with Han and Obi-Wan in the ballroom and when over the Corellian brandy, they go over the tale of the rise of the Empire. Good characterization of Han and good dialogue.

I would like to add my own first fan fic post to this round robin story.
    ============================================
    Palpatine stood in the rear of the ballroom, appearing only mildly upset at the bold move of the unknown Jedi who had taken Queen Amidala off onto the dance floor.

Today was a day of great celebration and victory, was it not? In the thrill of victory, even the most rigid relaxed, if only for the moment.

Victory, indeed, it was. Palpatine hid a thin smile as he sipped his wine goblet. To think his thoughts were following the grammar of that green Jedi troll. It was quite unbecoming to a Lord of the Sith.

Long before he discovered the Dark Arts of the Force, Palpatine was skilled player of chess, though he never cared for its cousin game, dejarik. He continued to play chess, because it mirrored his game with the Jedi. Palpatine had traded a dark knight, Maul, to set up an attack against his opponent?s king. In the process, he had turned a Lightside queen into his unwitting ally. The open yet hidden treachery gave him deep pleasure.

The loss of Maul without any loss of Jedi was still an unexpected blow, and he must recalculate his plans. At least the Lightsiders did not have either the opportunity or foresight to take Maul alive. No, Maul would not turn, but alive he could be used to trace back to his master.

The full body tattoo wasn?t Maul?s brightest idea, but judgment was never Maul?s strength. The Lightsiders cost Palpatine the expense of bribing the morgue attendant to cremate the body ?by accident.? Palpatine must confirm that both the body and the attendant were disposed. A thug from the spice miners would do the job.

Returning his gaze to the dance floor, he iced over his rage at that unknown Jedi gently gliding Amidala across the floor. The Jedi?s Force signature was great and magnificent and in sharp contrast to the Jedi?s diminutive frame. His Force signature was slightly less in potential that that of young Anakin, yet it bore the strength of a grown man in the prime of his life who had already encountered but refused the lure of the Dark. This sun had passed through the eclipse and returned. Yet, he was still capable of foolishness like that Gungan brawl. It was a small advantage Palpatine would remember. Nevertheless, the pure glow in the Force from this shining blond figure made Palpatine ill with rage and demanded all his control to not start the dark lightning right then and there.

Palpatine?s rage was even greater because this Jedi was unknown to him. How could this be? His source in the Jedi Temple gave him access to records of all of the initiates. Perhaps some renegade Jedi had trained this padawan on his own? No, there was more to this mystery. Palpatine had not yet learned all of the details, but he did know this: the unknown Jedi and his companions had joined the duel against Maul.

Palpatine?s rage festered as he watched the unknown Jedi gaze tenderly at the Queen, full of love that could be mistaken for that of a gallant with his lady, but no, it was something else. Palpatine turned inside himself: he would prefer to cross lightsabers rather than approach these feeble Lightside emotions. Suddenly, the unknown Jedi left Amidala and walked to the verandah. Strange. Even stranger, the otherwise haughty Amidala shortly followed him. Could she be developing a crush?

Palpatine used the departure to reflect upon the companions of this unknown Jedi. The woman companion had a strong Force signature, yet it was obviously untrained. Perhaps Palpatine worried too much: if the Jedi could not find strong force users like Anakin and this woman, then Force was turning to its dark beauty.

The male companion he dismissed outright. He was as Force blind as a droid and equally harmless to the S

12. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    < grins! >

At last! And a good one, too!

13. Falls_the_Shadow

May 31, 2002
    Chaos_Rose,

Thank you. [face_blush] I have left the voice shooting behind Palpatine unindentified so the next poster will have some flexibility. I kept the language neutral (apprentice instead of padawan) so it need not be a Jedi. I was thinking Leia.

The thought of leaving this thread without a new post was . . . unbearable. 8-} I tried to find an portion that would not derail the plot lines of the original authors. I noticed no one had approached Palpatine in deep dialogue or thoughts. Besides, writing his thoughts and dialogue can be such evil fun. [face_devil]

Now that AOTC is out, this is easier to write. Palpatine maninpulated Anakin's feelings for Padme (by suggesting his master, Obi-Wan, guard Padme), so it would be in character for him to realize he could exploit that attachment earlier.

I have seen Anakin's reaction in real life. A boy dancing at a wedding reception with a childhood crush and then feeling crushed when lady went dancing off with an age peer. Fortunately for our little Anakin, as Wordsworth said, "the child is the father of the man."

Some random thoughts: Will Luke and Leia now learn about Anakin's mother? No one in this AU knows that it was her death that was the catalyst to Anakin's Dark Path. Is anyone going to free Shimi? I hope they keep her far from Naboo, home planet of Palpatine. Will she meet Clieg Lars? Will Luke do his own Return to Tatooine? Will Leia meet Bail Organa, see Alderaan? Will Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan discover the Clonetroopers on Kamino early? Maybe Leia can become the alternate senator so it isn't the brave but naive Jar-Jar in control when the emergency powers issue arises?

Some potential plot holes that we need to explain: Why did the council decide that Anakin needs to be trained with attachments, learning to incoroporate them, instead of the tradtional "Attachment is Forbidden" Jedi Code? I agree that Anakin has a better chance on the "with love" path, but I wonder how the council came to that decision. Why did they decide that Anakin should stay on Naboo? I like the idea (borrows from the mythic traditions of the hero being raised far from the corruptions of the court, for example, Percival).

14. Falls_the_Shadow

May 31, 2002
    This is a round robin story. Any takers for the next scene?

15. Falls_the_Shadow

May 31, 2002
    "All we are saying, is give 'One Chance' a chance."

No takers?

16. amt55

amt55 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2002
  17. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    Maybe I'll write another post. :) I don't want to screw up what other people might have planned, though.

18. PadmeJainasolo

PadmeJainasolo Jedi Master star 2

Jul 5, 2002
    HELLO!

I just found this thread and I loved that post Falls_the_shadow

19. Falls_the_Shadow

May 31, 2002
    PadmeJainasolo and Chaos_Rose, thank you. I hope you like the next post too.
    -------------------------------------------
    A faint sneer bloomed on the Chancellor?s mouth as he turned to face the voice hinting of disdain beneath the benign statement. Velvet brown eyes challenged him.

?My Lord Chancellor, what sweet words you have for the young apprentice. Sweets would be his undoing.?
    How close to the truth and how close to the danger they were.

?I beg your pardon??

?Pardon, indeed, my Lord Chancellor.? To pardon this beast was almost as unimaginable as pardoning his apprentice. His apprentice and the father of Luke and of, of . . . But the father was not his apprentice now and maybe, just maybe, he never would be.

Though the last wineglass was hours ago, disorientation remained despite the sobriety. How strange this all was. Was this a Jedi vision? Perhaps they had fallen to their deaths or at least to unconsciousness into that underground chamber. Was this the visions of insanity? Possibly. This seemed like some idle dream of wish fulfillment. Like some fairy tale half-remembered. ?With the kiss, the spell was broken and the Beast was a Beast no more and they all lived happily ever after.?

So be it. These last years of the Rebellion had brought so many reasons for tears. No harm playing the part in this dream, despite the truth that life gives us just one chance.

Outside, Luke gazed into the heavens above. He could see the spiral bands of the galaxy, and judging by their arrangements, he realized that this planet must not be that far from home. Yes, Tatooine. Home. Aunt Beru. Uncle Owen. He let the tide of longing wash over him. Luke once overheard Owen angrily tell Beru, ?He?s got too much of his father in him.? No mystery now was that anger. Nevertheless, they took in and raised the son of Anakin Skywalker. Forget lightsaber dueling: that was courage. How did Luke reward them, especially that last day? Sulking and whining were his only coins then. The Skywalker sins of the future did not all belong to Anakin. If the Force were merciful, Luke could give Owen and Beru the gifts of making old bones and a peaceful death.

Meanwhile, in the ballroom, a duel continued. ?Yes, pardon is due, my Lord Chancellor.? With hesitation, the velvet brown eyes turned towards the seemingly golden child. ?Six maid-of-honor cakes he has eaten tonight. Lord Chancellor, you did not see it. Anakin, are you training to become a Jedi Knight or a Hutt? You will have a stomachache if you continue and it won?t be the handmaidens who will take care of you then. Come.?

With that command, a delicate but firm hand reached out, shaking ever so slightly. Though Anakin first hesitated, he knew somehow to trust this companion of Luke. After all, Master Luke was still a Jedi knight, even if Amidala liked him best. Anakin moved forward, icing still on the corner of his mouth.

As soon as he gave his hand, Anakin and the troubled brown eyes were off into the gardens, speeding as if they were on a swoop bike. They stopped only upon reaching the fountain deep within the gardens.

Taking out her handkerchief, Leia knelt down to wipe the icing from Anakin?s mouth, his little chubby hands, and her hands. In haste to steal away Anakin from Palpatine, she had not noticed the sticky icing.

?What a mess you have made of yourself,? said the daughter, who for a moment, could just think of this child as just another child.

?I?m sorry.?

?There, that?s better.?

?Are you a mother??

?No, why do you ask??

?Because my mother always cleaned me up the same way you just did and you are wearing your braids like she did.?

?Your mother?? Without thinking, Leia asked, ?What happened to your mother??

Startled, Anakin declared, ?Nothing has happened to her. I won?t let it! I won?t, I won?t!? Angry tears brimmed in his eyes suddenly. Leia embraced him and rocked him back and forth on his feet.

?There now, I didn?t mean something has happene

20. Falls_the_Shadow

May 31, 2002
    double post, sorry. My computer acts like HAL 5000 instead of R2D2.

21. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    Awwww is Lukie gonna go free Ani's mommy? Little Ani's such a cutie!

And you wrote the conversation between Palpy and Leia so well! She seemed to have him pretty confused.

I hope there's more sooner this time!

22. Falls_the_Shadow

May 31, 2002
    Queen_Sara, thank you for the feedback. As I wrote, I was concentrating on Leia's confusion confronting her father, but you are right: she has confounded Palps. It was a good chance to show off Leia's diplomacy training: telling off Palpatine with pleasantries.

Yes, Luke will do his own Return to Tatooine.

This was originally round robin, so I waited a while for a post, but I will be happy to pick it up if this is an orphaned story now. Just be forwarned: Darth Real Life will keep me quite busy the next few weeks. When I have an idea for a post, I sit down and write and post in one session.

23. PadmeJainasolo

PadmeJainasolo Jedi Master star 2

Jul 5, 2002
    uppers! more soon? :D

24. Falls_the_Shadow

May 31, 2002
    PadmeJainaSolo, thank you. [face_blush]
    I have an rough plot sketch for a new post, but I won't be able to work on the dialogue and grammar until Friday night. I also have a plan for the future plot until the end.
    Ok folks, it is past 10:30 EST, and it is school and work tomorrow, so sweet dreams.

Remember, life gives us just one chance.

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    OOH very cool Falls!! Waiting!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.