One Chance--OT/TPM AU starring Luke & Qui--In the hands of other authors now.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Clarus, Dec 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enigma_X Jedi Knight

star 2
  2. Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Master

star 3
    The sabbac player in Han came to fore once more. He chanced that neither the Queen nor her staff would notice his absence from the kitchen duty amid all the ceremonies this day. It was not every day that a planet?s senator became the Chancellor, especially when that planet was far from the galaxy core. Even a society that did not so heavily embrace pomp and ceremony like Naboo would roll out the red carpet, figuratively and literally to give a farewell to the new Chancellor.

Rebel General Solo was, and would remain at heart, a flyboy, a gambler, and a rogue, so he followed his interests towards the hangers. Though the Chancellor?s procession would be in the front, there would still be a healthy distance in between.

As Han casually made his way to the hanger, he caught a glimpse of the would-be Emperor relishing every moment. Han?s trigger finger itched, but sober he knew better than to try. With no other weapon than his trademark darting look, Solo turned and walked away, intent on distracting himself.

The only ship class of interest was the fighter class. The others, though elegant, were basically barges of imported components. He approached one fighter that had been hit in the battle. The ship was on a docking lift raised from the floor. With a quick look, he estimated that his repair time would take up a good day. Perfect time.

Still, he could not help but remember the last time he took a pot shot at a Sith Lord. Vader deflected the bolt and grabbed the blaster as if it were a toy. The torture chamber in Bespin was anything but child?s play, in contrast.

From the opposite side of the ship, up popped a blond head with cropped hair and a small braid.

?Are you here to fix the ships, too? This is just like fixing my podracer back home.?

------------------------------------------
    Ok Engima and Company, it's your turn. If there are no new chapters by August, I will try again. I am sorry for not updating since April: Darth Real Life has crashed my plans for a while, literally.
  3. Blaster144 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool. :D

This is great. Hope you post more soon.

Anyone here?

Anybody?
  4. anakin_girl Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    This is really good, so I'm bumping it.
  5. Blaster144 Jedi Knight

star 1
    *Comes out of shadows grabbing gaint mallet on the way.*

I think this needs to be upped!

*Hits the test your strength game in the corner.*

*Bang!*

*Ding!*

Yea! I hit the bell! :D

*Grabs stuffed vader doll and returns to the shadows, putting mallet back on the way.*

See ya around.
  6. Blaster144 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Trick or Treat!

Treat: I'm thinking of writing on this myself.

Trick: I haven't written any fan fiction in years so I'm all but rusted solid.

7. Blaster144 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've been buried in home work and have little time to work on this. But I will get to it soon. I hope. If I don't post in the month send a chocolate cake in my home work pile after me.
  8. Blaster144 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heh. No one's paying any attention to this board so I can finally post. Also please note that I haven't written any fan fiction in years and am more than a bit rusty. Please be kind in your judgements.

--------

Han's blood ran cold as he was transported back to Bespin. He could remember the cold bite of the carbonite when he had been sealed within it and the hours of toture that had come before that.

"Hey. Are you okay?"

Han stared at the small blond haired boy with blues eyes. Worried eyes. Kind eyes. Eyes that might once have belonged to a murder.

"Mister?"

His voice held such concern. What could have caused this child to fall to dark side in another time? Han wondered. He had been told what little Luke had known but looking at Ani; it just seemed impossible for him to become the most feared man in the galaxy. Han also realized that he needed the answer the kid before he got really upset.

"Yeah kid, I'm fine."

Serious blue eyes bore into his. How could innocent eyes go so serious all of a sudden? And how could they x-ray him down to his soul in just an micro-second?

"No, your not. Something happened to you. Something bad." Anakin said slowly. Then he seemed to shake himself and became the smiling boy again and said as if he hadn't just floored Han with that remark, "Well, there are plenty of repairs to be made. Take you pick."

Han stared at Anakin a little longer and went to see if there were any droids in the repair center. After all, he would need help with soem of the repairs he planned on making and without Chewie here a quiet droid would be the next best thing and going into the droid repair center would give him some time to digest what he had just been told.
  9. Mysticshill Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, a post! Nice job, I hope you keep working on this. It is a good story, and I'm glad someone will work on it. I can't wait for more.
  10. Blaster144 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm touched! Its been so long since I wrote anything that I had worried I might have lost my touch.

Here is an edited gift for those who have been read this fic. Thank you.

--------

Ani watched the man as he headed toward the droid repair center. he couldn't shake the feeling that he knew him anymore than he could shake the feeling he had caused the pain that had shown in his eyes for just a split second. He went back to working on the fighter and let his mind wander.

Do not trust Palpatine. He will lead you down a path of darkness.

Where had that come from? It made no sense. Palpatine was a good man, wasn't he? That was what everyone said. Just because he gave him the creeps didn?t make him bad, right?

Do not trust Palpatine. He will lead you down a path of darkness.

Maybe the little voice in the back of his head was right. Maybe he shouldn?t trust the old guy. His mother always said to trust his instincts, so had Master Qui-Gon and they were the wisest and kindest people he knew. But then everyone else seemed to trust him. He was so confused.

The voice in the back of his head seemed to roll its eyes at this thought and wasn?t pleased about being ingnored.

Fine. Don't listen to me. I've only been where you are now and know that if you don't trust your feelings like Master Qui-Gon and your mom told you, you will fall to the Dark side of the force.

Who or what was this voice? The voice sounded like him only older and that didn?t make any sense. Maybe he should try to talk to it. His mother had always said that is you didn?t understand something to ask questions. Now he just had to figure out how to talk to this thing.

I beg your pardon! I?m not a thing. I?m very capable of talking to you and you to me, just focus your thoughts on me and make sure that you complete each thought. That?s it. ?Thing?? I thought the days when I would be called a thing were gone along with that stupid black suit I used to wear.

The voice apparently didn?t like being called a thing and what was that about a black suit? What was the voice, a former lawyer or something? Oh well. He tried to do what the voice told him to; he focused on the voice and tried to think of something to say. He really should get the name of the voice.

Who are you?

I'm you. Well kinda anyway. I'm from the future or maybe I should say a future. You see when Luke and his friends vanished those of us in the Force became..... worried and we agreed that we had to look for them and..... well, I guess its kinda confusing, huh?

Okay. It was official. He was Nuts! The voice claimed that he was him from the future. Luke and his friends were supposed to come from there. The people in the force got worried when they vanished and went looking for them. That wasn't confusing. Wait a minute! The voice said "Those of us in the Force" and only dead people were in the Force so that meant if the voice was telling the turth he was dead!

"There is no death, there is the Force." Trust me on this one. I know.

How do I know your me? What kind of proof do you have?

We used to wet the bed. We once hotwired Watto's podracer so we could see how fast it was and then we crashed it into the rear of the shop by putting it in reverse. Then there was the time we wondered why boys and girls had to bath in different rooms....

Okay! Okay! Your me. Or a me from the future. What are you doing here? I mean besides looking for those guys and how did they get here in the first place?

Heh. Well, you?ll have to ask them how they got back to this time, because I have no idea how they got here. I'm here to deliver a message and to try to stop you from making the same mistakes I made. I don't have enough strength to talk to Luke, it took a huge amount of energy just to get here, and I need him to get this message. Thats where you come in. I tell you the message and you tell him. Simple. Okay?

Anakin wasn't sure why but....."I have a bad feeling about th
  11. Blaster144 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heh. In this post all italazied words are vocalized thoughts by a force spirit we know and love.

-----------

Palpatine wasn't happy. He sensed that something was wrong. It felt as if something had just tipped the scales in the favor of the light. He couldn?t tell what it was, but he?d have to undo that as soon as possible. He wouldn?t allow any pathetic light user to stand in his way of galaxy wide conquest.

It wasn?t just that though. He sensed some thing else. It felt like someone or something was watching him and smirking. Palpatine did not like to smirked at. He would find this thing that was doing it and show them who was to be feared.

Grow up Palpy. You couldn't find me let alone do anything to me. Not without becoming a force sprit yourself.

There was no reaction. He hadn't expected one. When you were a force spirit, not only did you have to speak the words you had to put an effort to be heard behind it. Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker watched his former master with loathing and sadness. He wished he could tell that idiot what he really thought of him, but that would waste energy that he couldn?t afford to use.

You just keep trying to find me little man. That will give mini-me a chance to get past you and to the others.
  12. Blaster144 Jedi Knight

star 1
    *Comes out of shadows.*

I have got to get over this fear of posting. Here's a small part of what I've been working on. Hope to hear to from people soon. Enjoy!

--------------

Anakin shook his head. What had he been thinking when he?d decided to follow Palpy? He didn't want to dwell on that thought for too long. He was still weak from getting back to this time and needed to rest. Well rest as much as he could. He couldn't let Palpy get a hold of his younger self, which was too dangerous. Luke and the others needed to know what was going on in the present. The changes they had made to the past had not caught up with the present yet. So far everything was going along normally. He just hoped they could pull off the next part of his father's plan. He still wasn't sure how his father had come up with this scheme; but it was the most likely to work.

?Father.? Now that was a word that he had never expected to use. His true father was the Force after all. It was hard to think of it as ?Daddy?. Master Qui-Gon Jinn however?? Well he might not be his father by blood; but he was his father in the most important ways.

He was so deep in thought that he jumped a foot in the air when a hand came down on his shoulder.

Ani did you find them?

Yes, Father. I?ve gotten my younger self to relay the message to them.

Oh? , was said with a raised eyebrow and a small smile.

Yes. I tried to enter Luke?s dreams only to get caught up in a nightmare of his and I had just enough energy to contact my younger self and keep Palpy here busy.

Get some rest, Ani. You?re going to need it.

Wake me if I?m needed?

Of course I will. Now go get some rest before I mind trick you.
  13. Ana_Labris Jedi Master

star 4
    I like this, it's very sweet.. I remember lurking this story years ago *smile*
    Don't leave it!!! Blaster, I really love your posts :D
  14. Blaster144 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just a quick update to let anyone reading this story that the next post is almost done and that it will be a long one.
  15. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    [I remember lurking this story years ago]

LOL. Me too, it seems years since this thread began, but I don't fail to check it whenever I see it on the top page-hoping for an update.

16. Blaster144 Jedi Knight

star 1
    As promised here is the update. Hope no one was waiting long.

----------------------------

Ani was worried. As he hurried toward Luke?s quarters he thought about what he had learned. Luke was his son, Leia was his daughter, and Han was Luke?s friend and Leia?s boyfriend. There were bad things happening in the future, that people were looking for Luke and his friends and that fingers were being pointed at anyone that was considered a possible enemy of theirs. Unless they acted quickly Luke and his friends would be stuck in this time forever and that when they were born in the correct times that they would cause a paradox that would destroy the universe. When Ani had pointed out to Anakin that both of them were in the same time and they hadn?t destroyed the universe, Anakin had replied that he was in the force and Luke and the others were not. How in the galaxy was he going to get them to believe him? He was just a kid. Maybe his older self would regain enough strength that he could make a quick appearance and show them that he was telling the truth.

Ani was so lost in his thoughts that he didn?t notice Palpatine coming his way until they nearly crashed into each other. Ani managed to dodge him just in time. He could believe what his older self had said about the man. Palpatine had given him the creeps when he had met him and couldn?t understand why people had insisted that he was a good man.
    Ani stole a glance at the chancellor and noticed that he seemed distracted for some reason; probably think of all the evil stuff he would do to people.

Ani ran down the hallway to Luke?s room and hoped that no one was visiting Luke. He wanted to tell him when he was alone. Luke would listen and not interrupt him when he told him everything that Anakin had said to. He hoped. Breathless he skidded to a stop in front of Luke?s quarters. Why did they have wax everyday? It made stopping so difficult; then again it might be fun to slide down the hallway later???.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.