main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga One Choice (AU short story: Anakin doesn't fall) -- Complete 3/20

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Monica: Thanks! I like Anakin as a father too. It's why I'm writing him that way again in my new story. ;)

JediArwen: Thank you! :D I agree with your comments about Han and Anakin. ;) I am going to post the sequel story to ABR a week from today. :D

Jazz_Skywalker: Yep! :D I'm glad you liked the story.

Thanks for reading and posting, everybody! ;)

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Did I forget to post??

D'oh

Well, you already know that this is one of my favorite AU's anyway....

[face_love]

3. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    A week from today? A whole week, seven days, 168 hours... Well I stop here, although a mathematician I dislike calculations a lot! ;) (My studemts seem to appreciate this a lot, especially when they have a test. :D )
    I hope we'll have some Han Anakin relatioship in it. I always wonder how it will be if they met under different circumstances.
    Can't wait.

4. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
  5. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    DL - This story left me with the warm fuzzies. Many people say that Star Wars wouldn't be as wonderful if Anakin didn't become DV, but I think this story proves them wrong!

Great Job...now, on to your next story... :)

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Darth_Lex

*Sigh* What a lovely trip down "What could have been memory lane"

You did a brilliant job describing Anakin's inner emotions. And I loved the way that you showed once he figured out who was Sith- that everyone on the Council actually treated him with respect.

I also liked the way you interspersed actual Vaderisms into the story- they brought a big grin to my face. Your physical descriptions of Anakin in his 40's left me longing though, longing for him to have never turned. For our hero truly never did learn his lessons very well, did he? If only he had learned to channel and focus his emtions the way you described... who would have known what could have happened.

Too bad things couldn't have ended this way :( Then again, the films would never have been the same, I guess. Either way around it, lovely, lovely short story. :)

7. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    lori71: Thanks very much! I'm not sure whether SW would be the same without Vader, but I'm at least willing to explore the question in my stories. ;)

PLJ: [face_blush] Thanks! I spent a lot of time thinking about the characterization of Anakin in this story, both the AOTC one and the Jedi Master. "What could have been" -- it's so much fun to write! :D

8. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    You wrote this! I should have known. I rea it before and I loved the sweet and realistic if-only version of SW. Great story!

EDIT:

Can I just rant abt something?

The last image passed, and Anakin expelled the wisp of the dark side from his mind. He thought about something Master Yoda had told them back in the Temple after Geonosis. Trying to observe the future is clouded for the Jedi because the dark side is growing. Only those who draw upon the dark side can see it clearly. Anakin pushed himself up out of the bed and pulled his robe off a chair. As he tied the cloth belt around his waist, he walked out onto the balcony. He stopped at the railing and looked out over the lake and the reflection of the stars in the water. He clasped his hands at the small of his back and began to meditate again.

These aren?t just nightmares. They?re visions, like the ones I had of Mom before she died. Tears began to flow down his face as the realization began to sink in. If I can see this future, I?m more infected by the dark side than I thought.

This casual reference to canon is a brilliant deduction from the events in the film. Anakin's premonitions of Shmi's dilemma and death were possible because of the Dark Side - either as a gift from Sidious or because of his own nascent tendencies. I have never seen it that way... and I probably never would have if I hadn't re-read One Choice. [face_shocked]

The double wedding at the end reminded me of the ending of a TV soap called FOREVER. Deliberate? It was beautiful, at any rate! :)

And I can see why your work is so exceptional now considering how good it was when you first started! [face_shocked]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.