main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One choice (Obi-Wan story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Erin-Starlight, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Obi-Wan I don't think your master is blocking you on purpose. You're in trouble!

2. Erin-Starlight

Erin-Starlight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Here we go.

The girl left her fathers? quarters feeling rather queasy at the thought of losing him like the others. Not wanting to be bothered with her brothers? taunts she made her way back to the small dining cabin. That was where she had left the young Jedi. She stared in awe, items that were not bolted to the floor began to float around him. For a brief time Caltema saw his skin glow a bright whitish color, as quickly the flash came it was gone. Suddenly Obi-Wan slump to his left side with a low groan.

On one level he was fully aware of his own state of being. Though every passing second brought him closer to total unconsciousness. Obi-Wan felt the power coursing through his veins and marveled at it?s intensety. He never imagined he had such strength within himself. /Then again the council does tend to restrain the order. Never letting it?s students reach their full potential for fear of the dark side./ The fifteen year old was hardly aware he was thinking such thoughts. Overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of the ordeal he fell into a deep sleep.

Caltema shook the young Jedi trying in vain to wake him. ?CAL GET THE JEDI NOW !!!? Jaskos? fearful voice shieked. ?Why?what?s wrong ?!? The girl peered out into the hallway through the glass on top of the door. To meet her view were two feral dragoon hounds, snapping their jaws at her. The deadly duo hissed at her, beginning to claw at the door. /How in name of the force did they get in ?!/ The girl wondered picking up a glass of water.

Caltema turned to see Obi-Wan shaking all over, mumbling to himself. She had to shake him out of his daze before it was too late. The pounding sound against the door told her that she did not have much time. They were ramming their way in. ?Wake up, Obi-Wan !?

Mean while at the lost temples G? nish stood in mediation, studying the different possible futures.?The first task has started. Now we will see where his strengths lie.? He proclaimed. After waiting so long it was almost tempting to hurry things along. /No, we waited four thousand years, what?s another few hours. The boy will come to us./

The fifteen year olds? mind race with such intensely that any non-Jedi would not survive the experance. Random images flashed through his minds? eye, mostly of some approaching dark time. A hero arose out of the mist of the chaos. A man who would bring hope to a new generation. Whoever it had been faded away, in his place stood a dark man with piecing cold eyes. The man reached out?seemly to Obi-Wan. The boy could not make out the features of the man?yet felt compelled to obey. ?There is a passion within you child, do not deny in. You must embrace it only then can you find your true path.? A voice not coming from the man seemed to whisper into the youths? ear.

Obi-Wan Kenobi struggled to keep a hold of his emotions and not let them control him .It was a losing battle. He felt so ready given in to this strangers suggestion it was frightening. The dark voice offered him a life free of the burdens he had to face everyday as a Jedi Padawan. Burdens that would only get worse when he was knighted. Still he hesitated and did not take that last step towards the promised salvation. What was holding him back he could not say. Somehow it just felt wrong.

The dark voice grew louder becoming impossible to ignore. Young Obi-Wans? mind screamed and his very soul felt like it was being torn apart. A small prickle of foreboding danger seemed to warn him that his physical body was endangered.

3. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    No! Don't give in Obi-Wan!

You described Obi-Wan's vision very well, I could almost feel the energy swirling around him...

4. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Arghh, why did I have to put off my work for so long ?! You think so ShirleyLang ? Thanks ! It might be a while before I write more. After I get this test done in a couple of hours I have two more assignments ! Til then I have a question for all of you. You see I have two differnet versons in my head about a part. I'm pretty sure I can't do both. One could be really intense, the other is as well but with more mush. If I can't decide I might end up just posting both and letting you decide. Uhh...gtg. I'm not suppose to be using the...computer now. Hee hee.

5. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Poor Obi, this time he´s in danger in his mind and in the reality, that´s hard!!

Great post, can´t wait for more soon, hope Obi´ll win the fight!!!!

Angel_Skywalker

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I don't mind intense, but I like mush :D

7. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Well that part will most likely come near the end anyway. I'm done with most my work though I have a project due in a month I want to get out of the way. All this stuff I have to do is sooo boring. I'll try to post tomorrow if I can.

8. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    You do not leave it there.

9. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    I'm working on it now OBI_JEDI. I'm only four paragraphs in. I'll see if I can make this a longer one.

10. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    O.O;; Need more please! You can't leave us there. Please post anything. I will go for jsut a sentence or two! Posty Wosty soon pwease!

11. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Wow. :eek: Your so nice Ganki. :) Well, I don't have just two sentence. :p It's not as long as I was planning but I hope you like it.
    ?You must listen?? Another voice called out to the teenager. Obi-Wan struggled to ignore it and release himself from the trace he was in. More than anything he wanted to stop his head from spinning, everything was fast becoming a blur. His control of his own emotional state was slipping, he could feel it. ?Listen...? The voice echoed louder drawing the padawan closer and closer to it.

The dragon hounds growled as they pounded into the door. In a matter of seconds they would break down the door. Caltema only had that long to make up a plan. She decided against waking up the young Jedi. Not knowing much about the force she had no idea what disturbing him from a trace would do. Her only course of action laid in the weapons her father hid in the cabin. /Please still be here !/ The girl silently prayed as she reached back under the wall panel. The pair of monsters snarled louder, clawing at what was left of the bent door.

With no other recourse to take, she grabbed the handle of the weapon. /Come on, I hate having my back to them.../ A high shiek came from the first creature to come through the door way. Its? partner joined in a second later, pouncing over the other onto the girls? back. Caltema screamed when the sharp claws dug into her upper back. The one on her back opened its? jaws wide and leaned its? head forward to bite into her neck. Its? companion circled around, waiting its? turn.

Caltema tried to bring her arms around to blast them both into oblivion, but she couldn?t. Her arms were stuck behind the broken wall panel. There was simply to much weight on her back to throw it off. Even if she could Caltema rather doubted she could swing her blaster around in time.

?How is the boy faring ?? The female voice brought G? nish out of his train of thought. ?He is stronger than we had originally thought.? Vendaa nodded. ?Yes, I can feel it now...we should of foreseen these difficulties. Still, you believe he will break.? This was a statement. She knew G?nish for a long time and was always able to read him. ?He has to, Vendaa. It is fate, the force has decided this already. He can not change it more than he could the stop the stars in the sky from shining.? Vendaa laughed yet no mirth was behind it.

?You really are so sure of yourself G?nish ? I think you have forgotten how truly stubborn mortals can be.? With that said she returned her focus on the form of the Jedi Master.

Young Obi-Wan Kenobi could feel himself give in to the will of the strange mind (minds ?) that were calling him. How could he a mere Jedi Padawan hope to fight this alone ? /I?m just not strong enough.../ A dark thought from the darkest corner of his mind said. Suddenly though the chaos the boy heard something that halted the raging inferno in his mind. A scream of agony from an innocent person?/CALTEMA ! / It was like being hit in the face with a bucket of ice water. Whatever hold was on him was severed once he heard the cry.

Obi-Wan never could stand it when another suffered. He gathered all his strength and propelled himself out of the trace. The boy gasped when he awoke, glad to feel alive. /That was too close for comfort./ His eyes widen when they spied the two massive beast in front of him. One of them on top of Caltema, ready to strike her neck. Without giving it a second thought he force pushed it into the far wall so hard it dented the wall. This was a big mistake.

The young padawan collasped onto the floor. /Why am I so tired ? Did that fight really take that much out of me ?/ The one creature he had sent flying was stunned, it?s partner turned to face the boy. It snarled flashing it?s fangs, ready to attack in a moments notice. Obi-Wan breathed hard, his lungs seemed to burn from the effect to use the force. There was nothing he could do, he was completely helpless.

12. ShirleyLang

Nov 19, 2001
    *Shirley happily notices new post and starts reading*

*Shirley arrives at end*

[face_shocked] What? Noo! Obi-Wan you must stand up and fight! And you must never think that you are merely a Padawan! Now, stand up and defend yourself!

And to you, that you seem so interested in seeing Obi-Wan fail, now that the future is never certain, especially not when dealing with this special Jedi! [face_devil]

Great story! Don't let yourself be discouraged from writing, because your story definately needs to be read!

13. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Good to see you again Shirley :) Yes, I am kinda uncertain about posting my stories. My other fan fic didn't do to well on the boards. :( I guess it wasn't that good. Well I'm glad someone is actually reading this one. I'm still working on my project, but I might post some tomorrow.

14. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Ah, don't worry about the reviews. Think haaaaappy thouuuughts. Live for the good reviews. EAT DRINK AND BE MERRY - FOR TOMORROW OUR COMPUTERS MAY CRASH!

15. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    CLIFFIE NOOOOOOOOO! Oh Well it was better then a sentance or two! LOL Please post again very very soon. This is great!

16. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Hee hee Fallen :) Yes, my computer has been giving me trouble lately. Hey Ganki, is this soon enough ?
    The heavy burden was lifted from young Caltemas? back, thus freeing her. She did not take this chance for granted. With lightening fast reflexes she threw her body around and fired at the beast behind her. The one closing in on Obi-Wan. The girls? aim was true and caught the dragon hound dead center in the back of its? head. The creatures? body went limp as it slumped onto the floor.?Thanks.? Gasped the young Jedi, wincing slightly. /That?s strange he doesn?t seem injured.../She thought gathering him into her arms to help him up.

Without warning he pushed her aside, just seconds before the second beast pounced on him. With a snap hiss Obi-Wan ignited his lightsaber as he rolled with the impact of the blow. The blue blade went straight through the Dragon hounds? thick skin. Yet it would not go down so easily without a fight. Claws swiped and ripped into the boys? outer tunic, eventually settling for his out stretched arms. With that last act completed it finally died, but not without that mournful shiek of its?.

Obi-Wan tried using his Jedi training to calm himself. Though he succeed in making his breath even?he could not sooth the feelings bubbling within. /Force, what?s happening to me?! And why isn?t my master trying to contact me ?!/ Luckily for him, his angry thoughts were interrupted upon hearing the voice of an angel. Or at least that was what it sounded like to him. ?We have to check on my family !? Caltema took him by the hand and led him down the small hallway.

?Well G?nish, it seems the padawan is stronger than you gave him credit for.? Vendaa could not help but smirk at her shocked comrade. She liked the boy, Obi-Wan Kenobi, she always had. As one of the augurs of the coming of the twilight, she had seen his whole life. Well possible routes anyway, most of which had come true already. He was a good trustworthy, sweet, loyal boy that she had adored from afar. Vendaa adored him as one would a most beloved hero of the people. /Perhaps he still could be./ She mused.

Tonight would decide the course of the youths? future, his very fate. Darkness or Light. Whatever path he chose would change the entire galaxy, for good or ill. ?Everything is still going as I foresaw. Young Obi-Wan Kenobi will turn before this night is over.? The man then looked over to the Master Jedi. ?Wouldn?t you agree Master Jinn ??

Qui-Gon Jinn struggled against the invisable bonds that he felt himself shackled to. His midnight blue eyes darkened as he scowled at the form in front of him. ?If you are so sure of that, why don?t you release me. Surely if your theory is correct I can not change it.? His voice was steady yet it had an edge to it. The tall Jedis? eyes challenged the other. ?This is not your fight Qui-Gon Jinn.? The man?G?nish?had replied in a tone of utter confidants.

?Then why didn?t you kill me ? You may have me trapped at the moment, but I will not stand by while you harm my padawan !? Qui-Gon knew he was fast losing his cool head, but he didn?t care. All he wanted was his student to return to him unharmed. ?Your death would serve no purpose. As for you stopping us?I rather doubt it.? The master clenched his teeth as he felt Obi-Wans? pain, and his struggle with the darkside. The boy soul screamed and his masters? did as well. /Why can?t you hear me Obi-Wan ?/

Of course he knew the real reason, they would not permit it. So they, blocked his student from contacting his mentor. To make matters worse all he could do was sense the wild emotions swirling around his padawan and do nothing to help. /He?s wrong. My Obi-Wan will NOT fall to darkness .He is far stronger than they give him credit for./

17. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    *raises hand* I liked it ^_^ Poor Obi don't turn pwease. *mumbles something to the mean people*

Qui-Gon: WHAT!

Ganki: I just they could kill you and i wouldn't mind.

Qui: Oh....WHAT!

Ganki: What? You are just keeping me from getting Obi *and RRK story sorta made me dislike you some more* but in this fic you actually hard to want to kill.....

Sorry my evil side got a hold of me. Please post soon ^_^

18. ShirleyLang

Nov 19, 2001
    Don't let your last story hinder you. Maybe it was just the wrong time to post it, or you didn't find the right people to read it. As for this story, let me say it again: GREAT!

I hope you do not intend Qui-Gon to die or Obi-Wan to turn. Though it would be an interesting development, I don't want it to happen right now. I'm just in such a dark-real-life-denial... :D

Feel free to post more of this marvelous story!

19. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    (looks over to Ganki with a confused expession) Did I miss something ? Why do you hate Qui ?
    Great to hear from you too Shirley :)
    My other story I couldn't really sum up. It was the type you had to get to the end of it to get it. What can I say,I love writing. As for this story I'm having a blast writing it. You think I'm going to kill Qui off and let Obi turn ? Hmm... Of course you know I would never tell you what I'm planning ;) But I will tell you that I might not write the next part for a couple of days. My sister is coming home from out state college. I gotta clean up the room she'll be using. Not to mention this annoying project !

20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    FINALLY I FOUND SOME JA FICTION

Keep it up Erin, this is getting very interesting ;)

21. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    A new reader ? Cool ! Anyone else still here ? Things are taking a little longer than I planned. :( I have saved a little bit on a disk but it's only three paragraphs.

22. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Okay, I'm impatient. It's not much but someone told me two sentence was okay. Besides I'm not sure what else will happen later one this week. My sisters' returning is causing havoc. For me mostly ;) had to go shopping for a couple birthday gifts and a grad gift. Anywho--here's my little posty.
    The ginger haired boy spun around, using his lightsaber to cut down the approaching beasts. He was so exhausted but he had to continue on. If not for Caltema helping by shooting off the snarling hounds?he?d be dead in his tracks. ?Is that the last one ?? She asked guarding his back as he moved onward. Obi-Wan used calming breaths to let himself connect with the force. His head pounded like a ralla hammer, making it that much harder to concentrate. Still he could just make out two life forms besides themselves in the ship. ?Yes. I only feel your father and brothers? life force.? Almost on cue Caltemas? brother called out to her.

She turned back to say something to the other.?I?ll see to your father.? He said, knowing already what she would ask. The girl smiled at him before rushing off in a different direction. Obi-Wans? face flushed as he watched her go. /One moment I?m losing my control of my anger the next I?m -- / Not wanting to finish that thought he hurried over to the mans? bedside. ?Sir, are you alright ?? Two rough callous hands tightly gripped the Jedis? wrists. ?Sir ?!?

The mans? vacant eyes abruptly turned towards the youth, narrowing slightly. ?Oh...it?s you.? /What does he mean ?it?s you? ? He wasn?t even awake when I fixed his wounds !/ After an intense staring contest the man finally released the boy. ?Perhaps you should go fix up your wound child.? Obi-Wan had no idea what the other was speaking of, yet his hand reflexively went to his temple. His fingers twitched uncontrollably when he felt the warm blood trickle down his palm. /I could of sworn I didn?t get so much as a scratch !/ Neither the behavior of the man nor the sudden wooziness had chilled him to the core. No, it was the voice that caused a termer in the force. ?Soon Young Obi-Wan Kenobi....before dawn...?

Panic suddenly gripped the youth and though instinct he reached out for his master. /Master ! Master Qui-Gon please answer me !/ He half expected comforting words of wisdom, or scolding for letting his fear over power him. Instead he was greeted with an odd static though the training bound. Maybe it was his own inner yearning getting the better of him but he could of sworn he felt the heartfelt cry of his mentor.

Noticing that Caltemas? father was still staring at him, Obi-Wan had desperate urge to leave. ?Uh... I think I will clean up. That is if you won?t be needing anything sir.? For an unnerving moment the boy awaited some kind of a response. When none came, his impatient nature got the better of him and left without utterance of another word.

23. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Great posts!!
    How could I miss them??
    Poor Obi, poor Qui-Gon!! I think the master doesn´t think anymore this could be a nice place for vacations :) !!!

GO ON SOON PLEASE !!!!!!!

Angel_Skywalker

24. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Holy Force!!!

More soon!!! Don't leave us hanging!!!!

MTFBWY
    Arwen

25. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    *snif* WAAAAAAAAAA don't leave us hanging! I need more! You must type more soon and post it please!!!!!!! *note to self you can NOT scare off the author with begging!*

Please a little something anything soon?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.