main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One choice (Obi-Wan story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Erin-Starlight, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erin-Starlight

Erin-Starlight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I saw someone do this in another post. So I will for now on do the polite thing and reply to all of you.
    Angel : Yeah, you would think Qui would learn by now.
    Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Keep you hanging ?
    Ganki:You think I'm keeping you hanging too ? (begins to imiate that guy from Star trek.) I'm typing as fast as I can ma'am ! The keyboard canne take anymore !
    *note to self you can NOT scare off the author with begging!*
    (Now imiates William Shater.)No--not--that ! No, more !(BTW I am not a Star Trek fan. The parnets were though.) Since all of you ask so nicely here is my shortest post yet. It really is little. But then again you said to post anything.
    Master Qui-Gon Jinns? proud features fell while his body fell back to the ground. /Oh padawan, I?ve failed you. Now your suffering because of my failure. I should of never left you by yourself. Especially since you seem to have a particular talent for finding trouble./ The two sentinels were now focusing their attention elsewhere. /On my padawan no doubt./ The woman, Ventaa smile faded quickly as she glanced in Qui-Gons? direction.

?I am truly sorry about your students? current situation Master Jinn.? Dumbfounded, the man wondered if she could be swayed to help save Obi-Wan. ?No, I?m afaird no Master Jedi. Young Obi-Wan Kenobis? fate is not ours to tamper with. The child is on his own at this point. There is nothing either of us can do.? With that said Ventaa, left a very stunned man. When she left all Qui-Gons? hope and dreams went with her. ?Obi-Wan...? The master cried into the force to his beloved padawan, the son of his heart. Hoping desperately the boy could hear him. The abrupt ?call? had came so sudden that whatever hold the pair had over him was temporary broken. The message was sent but cut short once the duo realized their mistake. One they would make sure never to make again.

2. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Ok FINE!! I will ask politley

*clears throat* Erin-Starlight, supreme Empress of TF.net fanfiction. Would you please m=post more soon, preferably a very long one if it is convieniant. My fellow fanfiction readers would love to see more of your inspiring work. Much obliged

MTFBWY
    Arwen

*sits in thread wondering what possesd her to say that*

3. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    I wasn't implying that you guys weren't polite. I meant that I realized that I forgot to reply to some of you guys. Sorry if that came off rude. I wrote a short one because that was all I had written and Ganki said anything was okay. I'll try to do more just give me a little time please. Sorry again.

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I think it's nice when the author replies to her fans.

In answer to your question I'm a JA fan myself. or AU post TPM. I like mush, but not into romance ( funny, I still like to read all those stupid regency romances)

5. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    WOW you actually posted something little *well it is something* It was a good post! *goes over to Arwen* Yes would like to see *ahem read* more of your work! LOL

Oh and about the questions.....

I usually read Obi JA time usually angst/drama with a little action/fantasy! I hope that helps. Really I read everything and anything but I really like those types of fanfiction. Everyone loves there Obi/Angst right!? I thought so....

Oh GREAT post! More soon pwease *gives the Obi smile* better idea *pulls over obi* smile obi!

Obi: sheesh okay....Please *smiles*

Ganki: good Obi! Heres a cookie *throws a cookie to Obi*

Posty Wosty soon Erin!

.::Ganki::.

6. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Don't worry, Erin-Starlight. We take what we get. Even if it's just two short paragraphs, though we do prefer long posts... [face_mischief]

About my reading patterns:
    I mostly read stories from the JA-novels, the original trilogy or shortly after. I just love AUs (and I don't mind tragic ones).
    I don't like humor, though. It's okay if there is a good story which has lots of funny scenes, but if there are only gags and no real plot I don't think of them as a good story.

Oh, and it's okay if you don't write more soon *ducks under thrown eggs*. I'd rather have a good, interesting post I have to wait for than a less interesting and rushed one right now. *hides from other readers*

;) :D

7. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Hi all!
    PadawanKitara: Nice to see you again ! Fans ? Wow, thanks. :) And thanks for replying to my question. I like romance myself, but usually with some action.
    Ganki: angst/drama with a little action/fantasy ? That does help some thanks. :) You brought Obi huh? (looks over to Obi.)
    Me: Can I hug you ?
    Obi: I don't know...
    Me: Have I ever physcially tortured you ?
    Obi:No. Not yet. *sigh* fine. (hugs)You just better not hurt me later. Erin ?
    Me:Uh...yeah.
    ShirleyLang: Your back too ! "don't mind tragic ones" Hmm, good to know. You don't mind ? That's good to hear, my other ones were kind of rushed.I'm running through some plot bunnies to make it a little more interesting. *evil laughter* Of course I have a few conflicting ideas that might not work. :( Besides I really don't have time for it now, and might not post til Sunday or Monday.

This is my longest fic yet and it's all thank to you guys. Here's some candy, be back as soon as I can.

8. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Better a short post than nothing ;) !!

Understand I right?? Qui´s call is reaching Obi?? I hope so that´s great :) !! I hope it will give him enough srtengh to defeat these dark spirits!!!

My favorit type of story??
    Well, I love Obi(angst)/Qui-Gon fics, especially when Qui-Gon needs some time to realize what Obi means to him!!
    But Obi-torture-and-Qui-Gon-comes-to-rescue ones are really interesting as well ;)

PLEASE WRITE MORE SOON !!!!

Angel_Skywalker

9. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    I've fallen behind in reading, but then I guess that just means I get more to read. ;) Was Qui-Gon able to get through to Obi if just for a minute? I hope so. I can't believe Obi would ever turn, but I wonder what would Qui-gon do if he did? Would he spend all his energies in trying to bring Obi back to the light? I like to think so.

What kind of stories do I like? Mostly JA with some action. I'm not very fond of romances, especially teen romances... must be my age. ;) I love the Qui/Obi father/son bonding type stories which is probably why I prefer a younger Obi-Wan rather than an older. I enjoy AUs and the occaisional AR and would rather read about Jedi than non-Jedi.

10. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    You can see I am bored so why not up this thing..... *hums*

*giggles*

^_^

*hums and giggles at same time*

Okay Upping time baby!
    UP!
    *true reason is I think if we up this thing Erin may give us a little post sooner. You know make the author happy by upping this thing and make her want to reward us with a post... HINT HINT*

11. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Angel_Skywalker: Yep, you understood correctly. :) Another Obi/Qui fic fan huh ? Good to know.
    Abbi_Cee: I know what you mean. I sometimes miss out on the writers new work too. More to read later I guess. Another not a fan of romances huh ? Or rather teen romances. Okay thanks for posting.
    Ganki:*true reason is I think if we up this thing Erin may give us a little post sooner. You know make the author happy by upping this thing and make her want to reward us with a post... HINT HINT* Oh really ? Sorry Ganki. I haven't even written a sentences more yet. I have a case of darth writers' block. But thanks for upping all the same. Hopefully by the time my sister leaves (Monday)I'll have a much longer post. She wants to spent sometime with me the whole weekend.
    Well I'll leave you guys with a quote that helped give me the idea for this post. Though I kinda twisted it from there.
    "It will be a hard life.
    One without reward,
    Without remorse,
    without regret.
    A path will be placed before you.
    The choice is yours alone.
    Do what you think you can not do.
    It will be a hard life,
    but you will find out who you are." -Qui-Gon Jinn "One Destiny" TV spot. I love that poem for some reason.

12. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    ;) Can´t wait for Obi, getting the message!!

I hope you´ll find the time and the idea to post soon!!

BTW, the poem is really interesting!!

Angel_Skywalker

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
  14. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    You have a case of Darth Writers Block? I'm sorry to hear so. Well, then we just have to keep this on the first page, so that you will find it when you have a new idea.

UP!

15. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    *looks around* no post yet. *snif* by monday right. *goes to gran=b hankie and blows nose* Pwease Erin posty wosty soon. *snif*

16. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    No post?? *snief*

Hope you´ll find time to post soon ;) !!

Angel_Skywalker

17. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    I actually got post on the weekend ! :0 This is a new one for me !
    Angel: So do I. This is the first time I have had time to check the boards ! I really liked the poem. But I descided not to use One Destiny as the title. If you have the DVD you might have the ad campain stuff. They had posters with all the characters. Each one got different "ones'" I think the destiny was Anakins. Obi-Wans' was something like "One force, One Choice." So I wanted to do my own verson of what his choice would be.
    Arwen-Jade_Kenobi : Working on it !
    ShirleyLang:Afaird so. :( :_| Thanks for upping this.
    Ganki: I will shoot for Monday. I want to make this a long post for you guys. And so far that's not happening. Sorry. It's been a busy weekend.
    Angel : Nope. Sorry. I have a major work load, not to mention spending time with the older sister. (Of course the work load isn't due for sometime. So I can slack off and try to beat the darth writers' block.)

18. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Okay, here is my posty. Not much but I wanted to keep my promise to post today. I'm not sure if this will make sense.
    ?Stay put you dolt !? Caltema was fast losing her patients with her stubborn brother. Luckily his cuts weren?t that deep. Still he refused to sit still while his younger sister applied the batca and bandages. ?Why do you have to fidget while I?m helping you !? Her older brother, Jasko was getting on her last nerve. Here they were in a life or death situation and he was acting like a five-year old ! ?Come on, it will hurt if you touch me with that ! Please don?t !?

This could not be her brother. Jasko Lanoro never use to care about the sting of the contact to the batca. In fact he always seemed fearless, except for where his family was concerned. Had being trapped on Yavin Four really infected so much pain on them, that he was losing it ? ?Please, DON?T !!!? Jasko wailed. Losing her already fragile strand of patience. Caltema yanked her siblings? arm and finished her job. He hollored ever louder, as streams of tears ran down his cheeks. ?That hurt !? The girl gaped wide eyed at her elder, this had to be a joke. ?Jask, wha?? Her palm hardly touched the boys? arm, yet that small contact sent chills down her spine.

He was deadly cold. /How can he still be alive ?!/ Jasko began shivering uncontrollably, and muttering incoherent sentences. He pulled his knees close to his chest and wrapped his arms tightly around himself. ?Not you too Jask...? Her fingers twinged as they reached for a strand of her hair. She twirled and twisted the golden hair, pacing from one end of the room to the other. This had been a habit she had thought broken years ago. /I?m losing my family and there?s nothing I can do to stop it./

?Twilight...twilight...? The boy began speaking in a eerie singsong voice. Young Caltema Lanoro fought the approaching crying fit that threatened to grip her. ?Crying won?t solve anything. It?s heathy and natural, but will it help you ?? Their mothers? words rang clearing in her mind. She needed to be strong, for herself and for the others. ?Force...please save my loved ones.?

?Is something wrong ?? The voice of the young Jedi called out from the hallway. ?My brothers? just...where did you get that ?!? The girl cried out pointing to the fresh cut over the boys? brow. ?I guess I got it in the fight. Funny thing is I didn?t notice it before.? Obi-Wan stated taking a moist cloth to clean the wound. ?Neither did I. This night keeps getting weirder and weirder.?

Even though they were safe inside the ship, the wind howled an unnatural shiek. Invisable claws seemed to scratch at the window, while a flash of light blinded all present. No thunder came afterwards. Though the brilliant light was accompanied by the buckets of rain. The young padawan found himself being pulled towards something. He had to go, and soon. //Obi-Wan !!!// Kenobi halted his step at the heartfelt cry of his master. //MASTER !!!// The teen called back, not wanting to lose contact again.

A sudden snap shocked him, Qui-Gons? part of the link was being muted ! /But why ?!/ True only one word was spoken, but the emotions behind it rang clearly. His master was worried about him. The reason was simple, one Obi-Wan had always known deep inside. One that someone or something was trying their damnest to conceal. Qui-Gon Jinn loved him like a son, and would do anything to protect him. The real question was what the master was attempting to save him from.

19. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Great post!! So fianally Qui+s massage reached Obi!! :) !! The rest of the postis sad, I hope Obi´ll find a way to defeat this evil "ghosts" ;) !!

PLEASE GO ON SOON !!!!!

Angel_Skywalker

20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    *does celebration dance*

Qui's message got through!

post more Erin!!!

MTFBWY
    Arwen

21. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Oh very nice *throws the hankie away* we got a post! LOL it was great.

So the next post will be..... *i am always going to want more. Aren't I just so greedy!* More soon right?

*dose a little dance* GO QUI try to warn Obi. You probabnly only made him now want to save you and get hurt trying. Oh well Obi is getting hurt there is nothing wrong with tha. is there.... *looks around for help*

LOl Great Post!

22. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    WOW ! :eek: You guys are the best ! :D If not for you guys I'd of quit two pages ago !
    Angel :Yeah, Obi got the message but that doesn't mean--oops. Your see what I mean. Yes, it's sad but hopefully it will make sense later on. "evil "ghosts"" huh ? Am I that transparent ? LOL [face_laugh] You see cause ghost are see through and--umm...yeah. [face_blush] But your in for a shock Angel. Hee hee.
    Arwen: Nice dance Arwen. ;) Yes, he got it. I'm working on it. I'm still battling Darth writers' block so we'll see.
    Ganki: Thanks ! [face_blush] Yes you are greedy. LOL J/K ;) Your dancing too ? *makes note, when Obi s' in trouble it causes the readers to dance.* Since your all so nice I'm going to leave you now to work on it.

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Yea- a new post :)

Does this mean that Obi-Wan FINALLY realizes that the bond is being blocked. Which means Danger!!

24. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    That sounds like... there will be suprisind and exiting turns?? ;)

POST SOON PLEASE

Angel_Skywalker

25. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    PadawanKitara:You guys will most likely be mad at me in the next post. When is Obi not in trouble ? ;)
    Angel: I hope you guys think so. I have tons of ideas, but the prob is finding out what works and what doesn't. Hopefully I'll chose then right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.