main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One choice (Obi-Wan story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Erin-Starlight, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erin-Starlight

Erin-Starlight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Angel: Sorry. I didn't mean for it to be torture. I couldn't post as soon as I wanted to but here it is.
    "My student Zea shut herself further from all of us. We tried to reach her but...she didn't want our help." Master G'nish Huna s' spirt directed Qui-Gon to the next image. One of a teenage boy sitting by a lake by himself. "My other charge, Fuzi tried to warn me since we landed here about these horrible visions he had. The others laughed at him. Not many believed in him, I knew he needed more attetion than Zea. She always had a innate ability to learn. Perhaps..." The spectars' voice trailed off.

/So the sting of betrayal never truely fades away. Not even after Four thousand years./ Betrayal was something Qui-Gon was acutely aware of. His second padawan had turned to the dark side. Now his third and most beloved padawan was in grave danger and he could do nothing about it.

"This is the anniverary of the night that we suffered the greatest lost of all. " Vendaa conutined. "It also marks the day we all witnessed the future, when your padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi s' fate would be sealed."
    This was getting on his last nerve. First his master doesn't sense the unnatural vibes. Then he gets stuck with the dea--non-force sentives. Strange beast almost kill them, evil voices tempt him, force ligthing strikes him, and now this ? /We'd be better off on Kessel./ Obi-Wan mused. At least his sense of humor was still intacted. It wasn't much of a comfort but it was something.

Mounting his courage the teen pulled the girl back. Donning his most threating glaze he could manage stared back at her. "Who are you ? What do you want ?!" He spoke with confidnces he didn't feel, hoping she couldn't tell the differance. He knew this wasn't Caltema, whoever it was had been taunting him. Teasing him just like--/Oh force, it's not--it can't be what I sensed earlier !/ The clouds of anger and fear faded into nothingness. Even if it was only temperory he was once more himself. "You should of kept your mouth shut Obi-Wan. You could of saved us both a whole lot of pain."

2. Denny

Denny Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2001
    Erin! This is getting so scary! Mooooore pleeeease!

*hugs Obi doll*

3. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Denny : Okay, believe me my first plot bunny weren't this scary. It was actually a lot shorter. Nut that verson didn't really answer too much. *Hugs Obi doll*
    The ginger haired teen stood his ground. /Impressive. Most whould flee by now. I knew Obi-Wan was special./ She focused on the force to summon another onslaught upon the young Jedi. At this point usually ligthing would clash down and a piecing scream would distrub the quiet night. Usually. The girl cursed out loud in seven different lauganges, a few the Kenobi kid seemed to know. /How could I been so stupid ! All these years without company must of really dull my senses !/

She had to forget the simplest of unwritten laws within the force. As a disembodied spectar she could control others by tempting them with emtpy promises. Most did not have the will power like Kenobi, and surrendered almost instantly.
    Force sentivtes could have energy channeled through them, such as force ligthening. It did not matter if they never had the training, she could make them do so. She had already do so with the family and crew of this forms' ship. /I just had to try to use the attaction of these two ! I just had to use the deadcell !/ Of course non-force sentives could not tap into that energy.
    /Now I have to get the others so I can use another body ! You think after so many years I'd remember ! Or learn who to control more than five at a time !/
    Obi-Wan watched the form of Caltema jump around cursing some choice words. /I don't know whether to laugh or run away. A second ago she threated to hurt me, now she's yelling at herself./ The girl looked funny stomping her feet and using such foul words. Quite a few were rather dated, some he recalled hearing on missions. /I could try to help her, which I doubt would do any good at this point--or look for my master./

The padawan chose the latter, which really made more sense. The girl was more of a threat to him than herself. Besides Qui-Gon could help, he had to.../It had to be her that blocked me--whoever she is. It can't be Caltema, she's not intuned with the force./ It was hard to tell himself that his master was not to blame. Especially when every fiber of his body screamed it. /I'd better get out of here before she notices I'm gone. Don't worry Caltema, I'll find a way to help you...somehow./
    Did he really want to help her ? It was hard to tell, perhaps if when he left his head would clear up some. That's what he hoped anyway. /Master...?/ The bond was still blocked--yet the walls were weakened. Obi-Wan smiled. He knew he could break through and get to his master.

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    *hugs Obi doll*

Great post Erin

Must have more!!

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  6. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    Erin! This is getting to interesting! I can´t wait to see what´s going to happen!

More!
    *hugs Obi doll*
    Denny

7. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    *looks around frantically for what she has mist!*

This is getting good even if *the famous saying*.... I have a bad feeling about this!

Glad everyone likes there Obi dolls *cuddles obi doll*

More soon I hope erin! UP! *great post*

8. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Arwen : Thanks Arwen ! :D *plays with Obi doll, misplacing lightsaber*
    Kitara :More will come, but I have a slight problem. I'm not really sure what should come next. I'm trying to work that out now.
    Denny : You and I both. Just kidding. ;) I want to make sure that I don't have any unanswered questions when this story ends. *now where did I drop that lightsaber ?*
    Ganki :Thanks again Ganki ! :) Your bad feeling is right. Things are going to get a bit more intense later.
    BTW good idea having the Obi dolls. :D *Finally finds lightsaber.* Yes, I didn't lose the accessory ! *notcing everyone staring, Erin shuts up and cuddles Obi doll*

9. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Great post! ;)

Finding Qui-Gon would be a good idea, but I have this certain feeling that there is someone who wants to hinder him [face_devil] Poor Obi.

The past happenings are interesting, but how could you stop here? Torture your reader you do, nice this is not!

MORE PLEASE.......

Angel_Skywalker

10. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Angel : How true, Poor Obi.
    The past happenings are what is giving me a few problems. I can't really explain everything in the flashbacks, because there told by the two Jedi s' POV. I'm glad you found it interesting. Nice I will try to be.
    "Much better. A vast improvement." This new body was far superior to that deadcell girls'. Now Zea s' power could be channeled properly. //The Sith are more powerful than the Jedi could possible fathom.// The woman smirked. While the vault Knights gained their "wisdom" the Sith s' strived for power. They didn't restict their pupils like the great Jedi. Like her master.

The order in which Zea had once served had changed. More strick rules, even less freedom than she was allowed all those years ago. //If you could call that freedom.// The spirt mused. The force had to curse her with what was referred to as the "sight". So as a girl she was turned over by her mother to Master Huna. He decided to take the arugurs on his stupid missions.

No one could aruge with him, his own students could not even debate it with him. The code was clear, if one arugur went all had to follow in suite. These damn predictions for a far future past any of their life spans had ruined her life. Each one that visited her bought new horror with it. It all felt so real to her, the sights, the sounds sent chills down her spine.

After a vison the fear would overwhelem her. Who could she go to to discuss her fears ? //Certainly not great Master G'nish Huna !// The spectar thought bitterly. He thought these visons were gifts from the force. Even mentioning them as curses brought about stern lectures. The the order in it's "wisdom" agreed with the misson to Yavin Four to hunt down the Sith. Oh how she hated this stupid planet !

A sudden groan brought Zea back to the matters at hand. before her should four men and the deadcell girl. Not far behind them tied to the surrounding trees were the rest of her captures. If not for the crashed vessel Zea would of been bored to tears. The family and crew had been good pratice fine tuning for her powers. They all had been so easy to control, because of that reason they were alive at the present. Prehaps she would get rid of them when she had no further use for them.

The four men awaited the command for what to do with the blond headed deadcell girl. Glaring down at the weakling girl, Zea pondered for a moment. //What ever am I going to do with you ?// A dark thought entered her mind but was quickly put aside with a worse one. "Take the girl with us." The form she wore twisted the silver band it had about it's neck. "Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you either. " She called back to her tied prisoners. "When we return, we will deal with you personally."

11. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    I have a very bad feeling about this

MORE SOON ERIN!!

12. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Ditto Arwen

13. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Interesting post ;)

Okay she had a dump master but that´s no reason for turnuing to the dark sie, is it?

NEED MORE SOON

Angel

14. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    mmmm... is it just me or there´s a real Olymp´s feeling here? It reminds me that Hercules film where the gods are discussing while the action is taking place somwhere else. LOL. Don´t know WHY that came to my mind now, but it did.

anyways, great post Erin! Waiting eagerly for the next!

Denny

15. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Arwen: As well you should. That intense part I meanted might be coming up soon. Also a Obi quote : "Oh NOT GOOD!!!" ;)
    Kitara: Like I told Arwen, it's coming.
    Angel: Well this is her POV so something may not be too truthful. Besides the girl has a serious power hunger thing.
    Denny: Really ? I didn't even think about that ! LOL ! Now that you mention it, it kind of does remind me too. Okay well here's the next bit.
    It was almost time, and Zea was growing more impatient by each passing second. Pulling back this forms fading blond hair, she gently took the silver band around the neck. An ancient amulet was replaced over the womans' clothes. Zea wanted to display it proundly for all to see. It had changed her life, showed her the meaning of true power.

On one of her walks through the jungles of Yavin Four she had returned to the temple of Exar Kuns' death. Once as a young girl she had seen him fight as a Jedi, when he turned his power had increased as well. At least that was what she always believed. Her master said that the dark side was not stronger than the light. Zea never listened to him, in her eyes he never gave her any reason to do so. He only took her as his second pupil because her mother begged him to.

Fueled by her anger toward her fellow Jedi she somehow was draw to the amulet. She found it outside the temple, tangled in the vines. Zea knew what this item was, but she still wore it. Once and for all she had wanted to prove she was the greatest of all of them.
    Obi-Wan bit his lip hard trying to tune out the urges he had. A seducing voice called out to him, calling him forth. /No, I have to see if my master is okay. I...sense others with him.../ He chose to practice stealth instead of a foolhardly rush. Using their bond as a radar the padawan at last came to the ruins of what appeared to be a Jedi temple. He bearly noted it, and might of missed it if not for the vague mental impression his master had sent him.

Most of it seemed to sink into the earth while the top was blanketed in vines and trees branches. /Unless someone slipped and fell there was no way to see it./ The thought brought a brief respite from Obi-Wans' battle, as he envisioned how his master found the temple.

The ginger haired boy instinctively reached for his lightsaber to cut away the overgrown branched blocking the entrances. He cursed in Rodian at his own foolishness. He had lost his lightsaber, his only weapon against an unknown enemy. Gritting his teeth Obi-Wan Kenobi chose a differant path than the one before him.

Above him was an entrance of sorts, a window. Climbing a nearby tree he made his way to the window. Once inside he noticed the many touches lit up along the far hallway. /Don't panic. Remember your training. you can over come this./ The padawn groaned, he couldn't even put himself to ease. /Some master I would of make. Ha, like I would of even made it to knighthood./

Something in the far wall suddenly caught his attention. "It can't be..." Obi-Wan smiled when he finally reached the wall, running his hand against it. "The wall of rememberance." Thousands almost a million names of Jedi from the past craved their names into the stone. They all did so before their battles in case they died.

"Nomi Sunrider... !" The boy almost screamed. One of the greatest Jedi in written history, she was a great asset in the Sith Wars. The last names belonged two padawans under same master as the marks suggested. Obi-Wan skin crawled when he read them. He knew their names well, he had read about them in his history class. The lost arugurs. All except one had died.

16. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Isn't this the same temple his master warned him to stay away from?

17. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    oooh Kitara made a great question here!

this is just so torturing! Erin, MORE PLEASE!

Denny

18. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Oh,oh! I have a bad feeling about this temple. But we all know, if there is only one dangerous place on a planet, Obi-Wan will find it :p ! And he lost his weapon? Not good.

The names of the wall are interesting, are they imporatnt for the story? Perhaps the one Padawan whodid not die?

NEED MORE SOON

Angel

19. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Kitara : Uh huh. Good to see your paying attention. ;) Obi can't keep out of trouble even if he's been forewarned.
    Denny :Yes Kitara did.Sorry ! Will do! I'm still new to this so I hope this doesn't suck too much.
    Angel : How true ! LOL ! The names aren't really vital to the story but they clued Obi into what's going on. Well sort of, he doesn't know these are the same people (ghost?) yet. I might have the wall in back in the story later, depending how I work out this out.
    Strange as it was Obi-Wan felt compelled to search the temple. He belonged here it was if his whole life was leading up to this night. A strange mixture of fear and excitement kept him going. /Didn?t my master mention something about temples ?/ The fifteen year old pondered. It was impossible for him to remember what Qui-Gon s? exact words were. /Oh well, if it was important I would of remembered./
    ****** FLASHBACK ******
    ?Master might I have a word with you ?? Young Fuzi motioned for the female Jedi master instead of his own, who was no where to be seen. ?Yes, what is it young one ?? The boy took a quick look around the grounds, as if making sure they were secure enough to continue.?Master Vendaa have you not noted how...bizarre the others have been acting ?? He awaited her response which was in the form of a simple nod. ?I know no one truly believes in my ?insight? but I think we all misinterpreted our vision.? Aduptly the youth paced the area nervously to make sure they were really alone. Perhaps wondering if for once his one of his elder would take him seriously. ?How so ?? Vendaa asked praying the boy would not say what she feared.
    ?I don?t think we were suppose to come here. I believe we were meant to ensure that no other beings would come here... That staying here would warp a life forms? mind and alter a Jedi into the darkness...making it a Sith.? It was just as she feared. Still if this was all true than who was to be trusted ? ?Do you know who has been affected by this evil Fuzi ?? The boy nodded, jumping at the merest hints of approaching footsteps. ?They know I do. We have to get master Hana and the others before it?s to late !?

A fit of giggling broke the eerie silence that had engulfed them both. ?You always were one to overreact kid.? Zea s? crimson hair shone brightly in the setting of the sun. Her emerald eyes narrowed on the pair as a wicked lopsided grin played on her lips. ?This is no joke, now come with me. We have to find G?nish !? Another fit of giggles hit the girl. ?What?s wrong with you ?!? Vendaa nearly choked out. ?I perfectly fine mother. Never better. I have more power than you can possibly fathom !? With that the girl lit her lightsaber striking down at the stunned womans? arm. Fuzi countered the blow, blocking while the woman gathered her thoughts. Her daughter had turned to the darkside. How could it be...?

?Don?t flatter yourself brat, your not even in my league !? Zea went for a swift uppercut that Fuzi sloppily blocked. In the blink of an eye the girl released several kicks in his direction. All hit him directly, in the chest, knee and jaw. They boy seemed stunned so Zea went in for the kill. ?Arrgh !? She shieked in agony when a blade glanced against her shoulder. ?Who dares ?!? The girl roared. Behind her stood Master G?nish and the other Jedi. ?You must let go of you hate. You were not meant of darkness, come back to us and embrace the light.?

A smirk crossed the girls? face as she eyed her fallen lightsaber. ?Your have to defeat me first, and I rather doubt you could.? Pushing pass th other Vendaa sat next to her child hoping for some other way. ?Don?t be foolish, you?ll never survive all of us. Please just stop this madness.? The tearful plea of a mother fell on deaf ears. By the expression on Zea s? face you would have thought she?d just been slapped. ?I have more power than any of you ! None of you wanted to see it ! No one wanted to help me achive what was rightly mine, so I took it myself ! But don?t worry mother, I will not fight against you hono

20. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Uh-Oh battle time! The good guys will survive like always *well most the time* Right Erin! *cuddles Obi-Doll again*

GREAT POST! MORE! and UP!

21. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    *hauls out popcorn* time for some battle!!

Great post Erin, keep it UP!!

22. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    What a nasty girl *Grr* Didn´t she see that she was controlles as well? The dark side gives no power, it gives slavery!

Obi should better remember Qui-Gon´s words. feeling at home at sucha dangerous place is not good.

NEED MORE P L E A S E

Angel :D

23. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Jedi battle...get you ringside seats

24. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Ganki :Which good guys are you talking about, the ones in the flashback ? Umm...well... *starts searching for Obi doll*
    Arwen :Thanks, yep you guys are right. A battle is coming.
    Angel : Yes it does, it also blinds the user so they don't realize their being controlled. Obi should remember Qui-Gon´s words but the darkside won't let him.
    Kitara :Sure do, should I try to make this battle pretty long ?

I never wrote a lightsaber battle, just the short bits you read already. I'll do my best with it. Hopefully after this battle that will be the end of the flashbacks. Then we can get back to Obi and Qui.

25. Denny

Aug 29, 2001
    aaah! an update I failed to see!

great post erin! I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting for the next!

UP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.