main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One choice (Obi-Wan story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Erin-Starlight, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erin-Starlight

Erin-Starlight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Ganki LOL ! That has to be the best upper I've ever read. :D
    jysella00 : Thanks Jysella00 ! I've always wanted to do one of those stories of struggling with the darkside (through I'm not going to do a Anakin story ! :mad: ) Sorry to disapoint you, but welcome aboard. :D Here's the next part, sorry it wasn't up earlier but I've just been tired lately and just didn't get around to writing it before.
    Jedi_Kitiara:It's here.

Darkness or light.

Hate or love.

They were only two options set forth for fifteen year old Obi-Wan Kenobi. To paths to an unknown future. One quick and easy with no regrets and seemly unlimited power that was his to control. The other a long and hard lifetime of restrictions with little to no rewards. Why did he strive so hard to become a Jedi ? What could he of all people possibly accomplish ?

Was he suppose to waste his life fighting a losing battle, protecting the greedy bueocrates of the Senate ? Master Qui-Gon had always been out spoken within the council about the weakness of the government. He had requested time after time that the Jedi take on a more active role in protecting the galaxy by helping weed out the corrupt Senators. The High Council was no better than the useless Senators ! Time and again they refused to hear Qui-Gons? suggestions, saying that Jedi should not take on such roles. Something alone the lines of such an act might tempt the Knights and Masters to rule over the different life forms. Which HAD happened in the legends of the early forming of the Republic. Still...even so, what was so wrong about that ?

Better the Jedi than the corruption that plagued the Senate chambers now. How sick Obi-Wan was of being sent off on missions with his Master to save some Senator, King, or other leader, only to discover they were the ones behind the evil plots. They used funds from selling drugs, slaves, or blackmailing others to make themself richer while their people suffered. Buying votes from other Senators to halt inspections and keep their thriving businesses going. Once his friend Bant had told him about a con man who managed to make Senator of Argoa, because he claimed he wanted to make some ?real money?. It made him sick. How the hell were they the Jedi suppose to save a galaxy that didn?t want to be saved ? That had leaders that didn?t care whether or not their people starved to death. Who turned their backs on other systems in need merely because they didn?t want to waste their funds or because of blind hatred of an other species.

No one else cared, why should he ? If a Jedi did rule the galaxy there would be order. These beings certainly didn?t know how to take care of themselves, they needed someone who could look after them. He felt the power surge through his veins and marveled at the odd feeling. Never had he imaged the power that he contained within. Had the masters had suppressed it ? Did they fear his power ? //They should.// Answered a dark voice. The young padawan nodded dimly, not sure what to do. He wanted so badly to save the galaxy from the threats that loomed over it but the council chose to turn a blind eye towards. Would he have to turn to the dark side to do so ? //Does it really matter? Your be saving so many lives if you only find the courage you need to take the last step and kill the deadcell brat !// the voice hissed back.

Obi-Wan tried to shake off the feverish thoughts as cold sweat ran down his brow. He wasn?t sure why he did it, or which part of him did so, the light or the dark, but he was back in the dream he was in earlier that night. The Jedi Knight (he guessed it was a knight) was fighting this time against an incredible foe. The enemy fought fiercely, using it hatred to fuel it power. Obi-Wan was sure the other didn?t stand a chance against such a fury. Still the Jedi fought back valiantly and held his own against the villain. This was how it was suppose to be, the Sith fighting the Jedi to the death. Obi-Wan wondered who would win, perhaps this was the forces? way

2. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    [face_shocked] And are you just going to leave it there?

More i say MORE!!

3. Adnil_Orah

Adnil_Orah Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2002
  4. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Arwen : Hee hee, sorry Arwen, but like I said this part of the story is the hardest to plan out. *Sigh* If I ever write a fan fic again I'll plan the whole thing out before writing instead of winging it. BTW I'm in the mist of reading your "Rainy Days ." :) So far so good.
    Adnil_Orah :Cool ! And my first fic to make it past page one is you first post ? Cool ! :) Want a Dark Obi ? Hmm...I already have a very vague idea how I'm going to end this. Do the rest of you like dark Obi fics ?

5. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    O.O;

Don't leave it there i need more and i need it fast! That was great woo-who go Obi-Wan %^-^

It was a great post I hope there is more soon oh and welcome Adnil_Orah to the boards!

More soon please and uppers!

6. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    "Don't leave it there i need more and i need it fast!" LOL ! You make it sound like you addicted and in need of a fix or something. (Which is how I feel about fan fic. Now I'm having a bad withdraw...)

7. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    That´s great, coming back from a journey to find such a wonderful post ;) .

Obi-Wan did it, I knew he would choose the light side :) . You described his cconflict really well!

A female Sitht? You´re right, that`s something new and an interesting idea ;) . perhaps that´s the reason why the Sith always lost against the Jedis, they had no females :D

HOPE FOR MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

8. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    UP! UP! UP!

Haaaaaaaallo, where is everyone, seems to be very lonely here.

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

9. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Angel : Your too kind, I never thought I'd get this far !

Yeah, Obi is currently with the light. But he's still in trouble.

Hmm...true. Didn't GL or someone say that the Empire is mostly Human males because the Empire hates aliens or something. (I would write some of my characters in the story as alien but I get the races confused. But I might mention some later. Is Twi'lek (sp ?) the aliens with the tailhead things ?)
    So the boy had forsaken offer to power and glory. Instead of killing the annoying little brat he freed her of her bonds. Zea had failed her master, and he was not pleased. She only had one course of action now that Kenobi had denied them. /The boy must die./ She thought grimly. She had no idea why she cared, but she did. Somewhere beneath the seething hatred and pain, a part of her longed to save him. /It?s too late you fool !/ She told herself, self-hatred growing stronger by the second. Zea had given the youth the chance to save himself, and he now flatly turned down the offer. /Young Obi-Wan is powerful./ She mused. /The master has every right to fear the boy./

A faint cry of pain brought Zea back to the task at hand. The girl?(deadcell)?had slipped away from her saviors? grasp and fallen into the mud. /Where her kind belongs./ Hissed her masters? voice. /Yes, master./ Did the lesser beings ever care what happened to the Jedi ? No. The expected their betters to die protecting them, never caring how many died for their causes. 300 and some Knights had died in the name of a worthless Prince in her day. One of them had been her father, but did the Prince so much as acknoledge their sacrfice or the surviors? presense ? No ! The risk taken as a Jedi never amounted to anything.

/I?ve never been more proud of you than I am today, Padawan./ The tall master glanced over to the duo beside him, barely containing his impatiences with them. He had to be reunioned with his student now and help the boy overcome the darkness. Obi-Wan had already proven himself one with the light, the spirits had to release Qui-Gon now.

?Cal-cal-tema ?? The teen managed to gasp between breaths. /Force ! I feel so tired !/ The girl moaned something that sounded like, "why mother" and slowly took the young Jedi s' hand. Obi-Wan grimaced. Well, he must of frightened her when he freed her. Of course anyone would be scared out of their wits awaking to a lightsaber being thrusted towards you.

Now came the hard part--he had no idea what he was suppose to do now. His job now was to make certain no harm came to the girl. Yet a Jedi was also suppose to fight the Sith and defend the galaxy from its' evil. Obi-Wan also knew he couldn't just leave his master, though he was certain that would be what Qui-Gon would tell him to do. /Quiet your mind./ He instructed himself. He had think logically and figure out a plan.

10. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Great post! So there is still good and light in Zea?! But this damn dead Sith Master, who id controlling her *Grr*

Oh yes Obi is still in trouble, I hope as well, that the spirits will allow Qui-Gon to help his padawan right now, I have the certain feeling that Obi-Wan could need some help :p :D

Yeah, the empire didn´t like Aliens and women. Did you see any Alien or at least one woman in the films, I didn´t.
    If I don´t misunderstand your describtion because of this terrible difficault language :p then I think you are right. These are Twi´leks ( don´t ask me about the spelling ;) ), a good example is Bib Fortuna Jabba´s servant ;)

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

11. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Neither did I. I think they had VERY few in the books. And the only alien I know of that was on the Sith side (in the movie) was Darth Maul.
    Hmmm...I thought Bib was one.
    Well I will try to write more this week. Thanks for your kind words.

12. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    More this week? Sounds good!

UP!UP!UP!

Yeah, but I think the Sith had a better repertoir than the military:

Darth Maul: Alien, read and black, horns

DarthVader: Mostly machine, black mask,

Darth Sideaus: looks (and smells?) like a walking corpse, dark cape

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Whoa!

Great post Erin

come on Obi! We all believe that you'll figure out what to do.

MORE!!

14. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Thanks Arwen !

Fear. It was both terrible and beautiful at the same time. It all depended on the situation and the life forms invouled. It Obi-Wans' short life time he had seem it bring out the best--and the worsts in many species. Fear was the only emotion the padawan could sense at the moment. All present felt it, save Zeas' lackeys, who could not think for themselves.

Caltema was the source of it, her fear paniced the young Jedi even more so. Though his bond with his master, (which was slowly returning) he felt growing worried as well. Obi-Wan felt ashamed of himself, he should have had better control over his emotions. Like he was taught. Instead he let them overwhem him and cause Qui-Gon to worry more.

At least Caltema had ever reason to feel scared. She had had a rather rough night before ending up at this temple. Only a few mintues ago she had awaken to the sight of her youg Jedi protector thrusting his lightsaber downward, in what appeared to be trying to kill her. Not to mention that fact that her whole family now stood before them, attempting to slay the her out of hate. The girl had no idea that her loved ones were under Zeas' influence. She was confused, and utterly terrified.

He--Obi-Wan Kenobi--was suppose to be brave. He was suppose to be planning a flawless plan that would save them all. He was suppose to make his master proud. He couldn't. /How can you fight such evil and hope to win ?/ Old doubts started to surface, even though he tried not to think of them. He wasn't master Yoda, or Qui-Gon. He was Padawan Kenobi, last of his age group to be chosen. Oafy-Wan. The last person Qui-Gon wanted as his padawan.

/No !/ He would not give into the aybss and surrender. Obi-Wan would fight, and either win or die trying. He smiled grimly remembering master Yodas' word, "there is no try." /Fine then. I will DO my best master./

["You can not be allowed to live !"]Bellowed an eerie deep voice from the blond woman Zea had taken over. It sent chill down his spine, making his skin crawl, and his throat tighten. He could not say how he knew, but he did. This was the first owner of the amulet.

15. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    A new post! That´s great! I can imagine that Obi-Wan doesn´t feel very comfortable in this situation *grin*
    But finally the ols SothLord shows hi true face ( okay at first his voice, but :p )

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

16. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    *stand in thread with her mouth wide open*

Need more soon or I might just pass out!!

17. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    UP! UP! UP!

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

18. RingThane

RingThane Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    *Jaw drops*

This is just...just an amazing story! I love this! :D

I can't wait to see what you have in store for our Obi! :)

19. RingThane

RingThane Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Up, UP, UPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!! :D

20. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    UP! UP! UP!

Where are you Erin? I hope you have no DWB, you doen´t want to leave Obi in this cruel situation for long, do you? ;)

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

21. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    UP! UP! UP!

Come back, p l e a s e

NEED A NEW POST

Angel

22. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    UP! UP! UP!

I´m going to feel abandon here.

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

23. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Angel :Thanks ! Yeah, I wonder why. LOL ! Yep.

Arwen : Oops. Sorry, I had a bunch of work to do at school. I had to do a comic and a scratch board to do.
    RingThane :Thanks ! You guys just made my day.
    I'm just winging it so we're see. I'll try to write tomorrow
    Angel: " DWB?" I've never heard that before. Sorry for taking so long to reply. I'll see if I can write the next bit by tomorrow.

24. Erin-Starlight

Feb 24, 2002
    Obi-Wan felt his stomach give an unpleasant lurch.

It was him. Freedon Nadd. The most feared Sith Lord, even in death. The voice that had seduced two Jedi into his willing servents. Only one of those two ever made his way back from the abyss. Or so the legend said.

Obi-Wan was shocked at how much sorrow he felt for Zea. Had things been different ahe could have become a great Jedi master. He could see her, the real her, clearly in his minds? eye now. A laughing young woman with crimson hair. It saddened him greatly, and he longed to free her from her imprisonment. He also knew what happened to the Sith after death. Perhaps as a trapped spirit she had never been through it. The ?it? was a story that was told to Jedi children at the temples. That unlike Jedi, Sith never find the peace and oneness with the force in the afterlife.

The Sith were banished into a type of hell that drove their spirits mad. Needless to say he was shocked that anyone would willingly give themselves to such evil.

/You pity me Young Obi-Wan Kenobi ?/ Came Zeas? soft voice, speaking into his mind.

/Why do you give yourself to such madness ? Can?t you see how much pain you?re in ? Is power really worth so much to you that nothing else, even yourself matters any more ?/ She was hurting, deeply. He could see it echoed in her every movement now. The pain, the endless sadness and regret.

/I can?t turn back young one. I?m sorry but I can?t safe you. There is nothing any of us can do to stop it now./

The others didn?t seem to see what he saw though.. He wondered why that was but found he really didn?t care. Becoming clear in his vision was a swirling black votex was coming from the amulet. To the boys? horror, piecing screams began to issued out. Shapes formed, and would disappear back into a type of mist. Except one in particular. A large shadowy form appeared, it?s outline becoming clearer by the minute.

?Padawan ?? Qui-Gon was standing next to him, only vaguely aware of what was happening. Obi-Wan almost smiled. After all the times his master had told HIM to keep his focus. The tall Jedi was too worried over his padawan to be one with the force.

?Quiet you mind master Qui-Gon.? He muttered softly, giving a dry smile to his elder. To which he was awarded with a soft chuckle.

?Of course Padawan Obi-Wan.?

/What is it master?/

/The void of the afterlife of the Sith is being unleashed. If we do not stop it soon, the galaxy will be over run by the darkness./

25. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Upping so I can read the rest of this later. What I've read so far is very interesting. Hopefully I can get caught up with this in the next few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.