main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends One Confused Innocent Bystander: A Companion to 2,3,4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by emeraldshadow, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Title: One Confused Innocent Bystander
    Characters: Kyp (our narrator), Jaina, Tahiri, Zekk, and Jag
    Timeframe: Post NJO AU
    Genre: Humorish?
    Notes 1: This is a repost of a First Sentence Challenge fic I wrote based off of the quote, ?I had the story, bit by bit, from various people, and, as generally happens in such cases, each time it was a different story. ?
    Notes: 2:This is what comes from trying to simultaneously work on your WIP and write a first sentence fic, you combine them. This is a companion piece to my WIP Two?s Company, Three?s a Crowd, and Four?s Just Confusing and it probably won?t make as much sense unless you have read 2,3,4 or plan to read it after reading this. It?s kind of a prequel/prologue, but it takes place after the events I?ve outlined so far in 2,3,4 (and believe me, I had a hard time trying to make sure I didn?t reveal anything too spoilerish). Just read it and see.

I had the story, bit by bit, from various people, and, as generally happens in such cases, each time it was a different story. No one could make sense of how four reasonably intelligent people had gotten themselves so hopelessly entangled in each other?s lives in such abnormal and unhealthy ways-- although everyone certainly tried their best to puzzle it out, interjecting false details and theories of their own devising wherever there were holes in the true story. I, myself, was less worried about figuring out the actual events and motifs behind them, and more worried about the reasons why three out of the four aforementioned, obviously confused young adults had decided to involve me in their problems.

I looked from the woman sitting-- or rather sulking-- on my couch; to Zekk who was sitting at the table in the dining room portion of my great room, his head drooped in sorrow and his long, unbound, raven hair hiding his face from view (I was amazed at his ability to play the martyr even when a good portion of what had happened -- as far as I could tell at least-- was his fault); to Jagged Fel, Captain of the Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet, who was standing in the doorway that lead to the kitchen, holding a foul smelling slab of meat over his blackened eye and scowling at the entire room with an air of wounded pride. I heaved a heavy sigh. The Force must really hate me.

The doorbell buzzed and I answered it with no small degree of apprehension. My luck dictated that there could only be one person on the other side of that door. Sure enough, as I opened the door, I found myself face to face with the final player in the game.

?I?m looking for my husband and the man I love?I thought you may have seen one or both of them,? she said, her hands on her hips. Her expression suggested that she was fully aware of how ridiculous she sounded and would not appreciate being reminded of such.

I stepped aside and allowed her in, resigning myself to my role as unwilling referee. ?They?re both already here.?

Her face registered surprise, anger, and sadness all in quick succession before she forced an impassive mask over it. ?So I see.?

There were several furtive looks passed between my four guests as the new arrival walked into the room and I had to resisted the urge to grab all of them by the collar and knock their heads together.

I cleared my throat. ?On the couch,? I ordered. ?All of you.?

There were several enraged outcries at my statement and childish squawks of, ?I?m not going to sit next to her/him!?

I waved their protests away, ?If you?re going to insist on treating me like your therapist, we?re going to have a good, old-fashioned group therapy session. Now sit.?

?Master Durron, I really don?t see?? Jag began in a reasonable tone.

?Ah! But I do see a purpose in it. Now sit.?

Once all four were settled on the couch-- Zekk perched on one of the armrests and looking like he was about to take off running and the unlucky Imperial Colonel sandwiched between the two angry women-- I began my

2. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Okay, so I was wrong. It wasn?t that none of my readers knew I had written a prequel, it was that none of them cared.:p

Oh well, the repost sounded like a good idea at the time.:rolleyes:

3. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Leia to Luke as she brushes past him on her way out of the Millenium Falcon's cockpit: I wonder if he really cares about anything.

Luke to Leia who was already long gone, his voice just above a whisper: I care.

And so do I emerald. Give the rest of your readers a chance to notice. They're going to get here eventually and ponder the same questions I do.

Who is SHE?

Who is SHE married to?

And who is the man that SHE loves? Because obviously they're two different people.

4. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Yeah, I guess I've just gotten spoiled as far as the review thing goes. I was joking in my previous post but I guess I still came across as whiny. Sorry everybody. Someday I will conquer my impatience, I promise.[face_blush]

5. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Poor Kyp!!!!! I pity him being put in the middle of those four! [face_laugh]

So I think you very effectively kept me from really figuring anything out, but still gave some tantalizing hints.

So, which ones are going to get married? hmm...?

jcs

6. Cleg4359

Cleg4359 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2006
    As you already know, I love the fact that Kyp is the one sorting everything out. And I still say he should just wipe their minds of everything that has happened. I can't wait to see who pops Fel in the eye. I have my ideas on who's married to who, with the way the story is going, but with emerald's tendancy to change things nothing is certain.

7. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    jaina_clan_solo:Poor Kyp!!!!! I pity him being put in the middle of those four!

I think everybody does.:p

So I think you very effectively kept me from really figuring anything out, but still gave some tantalizing hints.

Good.

So, which ones are going to get married? hmm...?

You'll find out soon enough.

Cleg: And I still say he should just wipe their minds of everything that has happened.

I have a feeling that wouldn't go over too well with my audience though.

I can't wait to see who pops Fel in the eye.

As a general rule, I think that everyone should line up and take turns beating Jag like a pinata. that has nothing to do with this story though.:D :p

I have my ideas on who's married to who, with the way the story is going, but with emerald's tendancy to change things nothing is certain.

Always in motion, the future is.;)

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Looking forward to more! :D =D=

9. chaotic-force

chaotic-force Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2006
    This lead in is great. I love the way you set this series up. Poor Zekk even Kyp seems to blame him more than the others.

Jaina's intro was great, and is going to have me speculating for the rest of the 2,3,4. Yay also for doctor Kyp, poor guy is going to have his work cut out for him. Great story, can't wait for more.

10. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005

VaderLVR64: Originally there wasn?t supposed to be any more but I?ve come to reconsider that decision. There still won?t be any more for a while though because I have some events I need to cover in 2,3,4 before I get to far into the meeting with Kyp.

Chaotic-Force; This lead in is great. I love the way you set this series up.

Thank you.:)

Poor Zekk even Kyp seems to blame him more than the others.

Which makes you wonder what he?s going to do in future chapters of 2,3,4, doesn?t it?[face_mischief]

Jaina's intro was great, and is going to have me speculating for the rest of the 2,3,4.

Speculation is fine. I like speculation.

Yay also for doctor Kyp, poor guy is going to have his work cut out for him.

You?re telling me.:rolleyes:

Great story, can't wait for more.

Originally, counseling with Kyp was supposed to be part of 2,3,4 and this was supposed to just be a one-shot lead-in, but now I?m thinking that could be a legitimate companion piece.

11. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    You can't leave it here![face_frustrated]

12. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Yes, I can.:D [face_devil]

Don't worry though, you'll get a satisfying ending for 2,3,4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.