main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga One Day - Anakin's thoughts on Obi-Wan (pre-ROTS)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rhonderoo, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Okay, more new territory for me...Obi-Wan and Anakin mush. Sort of. :p

This short vignette takes place right before ROTS, as they are leaving for the opening battle. After a scene in the novel Labyrinth of Evil.

One Day

There are times when you infuriate me so that I have to close my eyes against it, Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan... It sounds so ridiculous to call you by your given name when you have always been ?Master?.

Master. Teacher. Father...Friend.

I?ve come to the conclusion that I cannot call you ?Obi-Wan? to your face, for you are still my Master. Even though it is an honorific given for a Master of the Council, I call you ?Master? out of my respect for you. Your appointment to the Council is a position that you have surely earned, if for nothing else than for training me. I laugh at that thought. How uncomfortable we were in those first few weeks. Me without my mother or the Master that had chosen me for training - you without your Master, or the closest thing you had to a father. I see that now, Master. Even if you do not know, I see that you did your best with what you had at the time.

Those long nights that were filled with nightmares and grief over the loss of the comfort of my mother?s arms must have been truly trying for you, a newly Knighted Jedi that knew nothing of what I was feeling, but that it hurt. I see now that it was your compassion that got me through those nights, Obi-Wan, and I don?t think I ever truly told you that. You are my best friend. I?ve told you, but I want to make sure you understand. Who knows if I will make it out of this battle alive? Who knows if we will make it out alive?

How long have we been in the Outer Rim? The war drags on and I can feel that it has taken out of you what it has taken out of me - joy. I want to be home and away from battle. You had to listen to me rant once again, and I regret that. I know we have our issues. I feel the trepidation you feel for my future sometimes, and I want with every part of me to say that I know things will work out, but a rosy future is something my visions never seem to conjure up. That doesn?t mean they won?t happen, I hope. I just never seem to see them. I know you feel you are meant for sadness, I truly hope that it doesn?t come to pass. You will live one day, Obi-Wan, when you let go of the code enough to feel attachment and love. I know you think it shouldn?t exist, but I can tell you that apart from one other ? you are the most important person in my life. I can say that without a doubt.

I believe you are also beginning to see the difference between the bitter, hard code and what your heart tells you. I know that you know some of the darker secrets of my life and you turn a blind eye. For you to do this, you must really care. I believe there are things that I can have that you believe I should not. I see the question in your eyes about my relationship with Padmé, but you are quiet on the subject and for that I am grateful. I am thankful that you respect me enough to let me make my own decisions. You will not agree with them, but you will let me make them. I have hopes of the war ending today. I am wishing with all of my heart that this is the end and we get the peace we so deserve. I look forward to the future and hope that you get all that you deserve out of life. I hope we all do.

We have seen many things in our careers together. Much joy and pain, but there are always the memories of gundark nests, speeder chases, and bar-hopping on vile planets, that will see us through the bad times. There will come a time when we aren't in each other lives, and it will be hard. After living together so closely for so long, I don't see how it could be any different. You will go on with your head held high, and your resolution drawn around you, I know you too well. You know me, though. I have someone else, for I can never be alone. I laugh at this thought, too. If Padmé thought she was referred to merely as "some

2. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    A truly lovely and heartbreaking peice of work. It's nice to see Anakin look upon Obi Wan with love as we get closer to episode 3. You captured his thoughts from Lab of evil really well.

3. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Aww... Really nice story. It does a great job to show how much Anakin cares for Obi Wan... It just makes me want to cry, knowing they'll fight each other to death not long after that... :_|

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    So beautiful! I think that is what broke my heart about LOE so much, is that these two men do care for each other. And then to know what it all comes down to! :_| Another lovely vignette!

5. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    :_| :_|

This was heartbreaking!

I have hopes of the war ending today. I am wishing with all of my heart that this is the end and we get the peace we so deserve. I look forward to the future and hope that you get all that you deserve out of life. I hope we all do.

This was such eerie foreshadowing.

I have someone else, for I can never be alone. I laugh at this thought, too. If Padmé thought she was referred to merely as "someone else", she would belt me. You really are alike, the two of you. More than you know. I guess that's why I love the both of you as much as I do.

The idea that he admits to himself such strong feelings regarding Obi-Wan, that he is a father to him and that he loves Obi-Wan and Padme so much...It just really makes the events to come even more tragic. The two people he loves the most are the two lives he will soon destroy. :_|

A beautifully written vignette, but again, heartbreaking.

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm only half-way through LoE, but it is already breaking. my. heart. :(

and one day I hope that in return I can make you proud of me. I have no inkling of how long it will take, but the day will come. I promise you. For I don?t do this for the Jedi, Obi-Wan, I do it for you.

:_|

*feels sudden need to watch the end of ROTJ.....*

7. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    I do want you to know this: When it is all said and done, it is your advice, teaching and your wisdom that has given me all that I have and that I will pass on to my children some day. I will also pass on something else you?ve given me, even if unknowingly - a father?s love. Even if you don?t know or recognize it as it is, it is love you feel and one day I hope that in return I can make you proud of me. I have no inkling of how long it will take, but the day will come. I promise you. For I don?t do this for the Jedi, Obi-Wan, I do it for you.

That ending just about killed me! :_|

Beautiful!

8. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Beautifully written.

9. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    That's lovely, and very sad. It's sad to see that Anakin's hopes don't come true.

10. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Lovely insight into Anakin's mind--and how sad that we all know that this love turned to such malignant hate. :_|

Great viggie!

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh that was sooooo sweet! Awesome job there! Poor Anakin... that day doesn't come as it is changed forever in Ep III. Poor guy... and we get to see how it comes to be too! Man I sooo can't wait for Ep III!!

Guess I'll need to bring a box of tissues with me... man oh man!

Love your characterization! Great job on Anakin's musings!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.