main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Day More {Obi-Wan} COMPLETE 4-11-04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estel_Kenobi

Estel_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    Crap...will this ride be as enjoyable as Natira claims it will be?

2. Estel_Kenobi

Estel_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    Ya know...for some reason the name of this fic keeps bringing to mind this one song...

One more day, one more night
    One more sunset maybe I'd be satisfied
    But then again, I know what it would do...
    Leave me wishing still, for one more day with you

3. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Woohoo! I finally come in on the ground floor of a CK fanfic!

** LP does little dance across the floor **

Excellent beginning. Intriguing. Which day would he choose? Which life would he choose?

And the all important question: When is the next POST?

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    So he rubbed the genie's lamp and got three wishes- fantastic idea!

5. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I love this idea! How intriguing and unique! I also love the idea that Obi-Wan has nothing to lose and will get to live the life he truly deserves. Now there is a unique idea for you! :D

I can't wait to see where you take this. :)

6. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    MCK Uh oh...this is going to be 'fun' for Obi.
    OH, but of course! ;)

Psycho-Freak Can't wait to see what trouble he gets himself into this time
    Obi-Wan Kenobi certainly seems to be synonomous with "trouble" doesn't he! :)

Puck AAAHHHH You POSTED!!!! AAAHHHH!!!
    :D

Cicci Obi-Wan very much deserves this! I get all jittery now, that's how excited I am!
    Well hopefully I can keep up to your expectations! :)

MCK Thanks for the Up!

Cyn There's an old theory that there are only so many usable plotlines and that writers spend their lives concocting variations on the same themes. I think you've just proposed something really new and unique.
    Thank you! [face_blush] I'm really not even certain where this idea came from. I was planning on my next fic being based on Luke (*shudders at the thought*) and then one on a young Obi-Wan. Somehow this just sort of took over!

Taffy Taff, loyal follower of CK
    Taffy, you are the greatest!!!

alterego but hell, isn't that what writing's for? To kill the prey the movie missed? oh well...
    LMAO!!! [face_laugh]

Creelin Thanks! And I think I'll probably post on this somewhat often too :)

Padawan So many to chose from..
    Oh yes... [face_devil] So VERY many to choose from!

Jedi_nayru Thank you! [face_blush]

Jedi_Suzuran That's a really original idea you have here.
    Thanks! :D

Wild_Huntress Looking forward to more!
    Actually, so am I! I'm having a great time writing this. :D

obaona I'm glad you are here!

TheFallen Why do I sense so much more angst than "nothing to lose"?
    Oh yea of little faith! 8-} ... oh wait... of course it's going to have Angst!

Flashbacca A happy wookie is a GOOD thing.

jodiwent I am glad you found this too! ;)

Natira_Megnan *thinks a second* Hey! I was there too! *looks proud*
    :confused: I think I missed something... Regardless, thanks for reading! :)

KatarnLead Well here's some more for you! ;)

Alterego Thanks so much for the ad! 8-} I appreciate it very much

cristalvandepol I am excited too!

alterego Thanks for the up!

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi It's great to see you here! I've missed you!

Estel Crap...will this ride be as enjoyable as Natira claims it will be?
    Well... [face_devil]
    Ya know...for some reason the name of this fic keeps bringing to mind this one song...
    Actually I got it from a song my band marched too in high school. It's from Les Mis. :)

LadyPadmé Woohoo! I finally come in on the ground floor of a CK fanfic!
    :D And now I only need to finish reading your fic... CK the guilty beta-reader...

Kitara So he rubbed the genie's lamp and got three wishes- fantastic idea!
    The number three is just so perfect for this... I have three specific days in mind, plus the whole "three wishes" tie in! ;)

Sheila I also love the idea that Obi-Wan has nothing to lose and will get to live the life he truly deserves.
    Yup, for once Obi is going to have a chance to be happy. Of course he'll have to face some angst first, but this is going to have a good ending, even if I have to force it to!!! :)

7. Master_Neos_Padawan

Master_Neos_Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    CK: Even though I am your wonderful, beautiful sister and I might be required to say only nice things about your newest creation ~~~ I can say that even without that obligation, this story is awesome!! I am fascinated.... is this to keep me satisfied when POS ends???

8. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Obi-Wan sat silently by himself, listening to the soft birdcalls and the gentle rustle of the wind. How exactly does one meditate with the Force, when one is IN the Force? he wondered idly as he worked to calm his mind and explore his options. It was a certainty that he would take the opportunity offered to him, but he wanted to make sure that he picked the three days in which he had the best chance of having an influence. Even if he would only actually ?live? one of those three alternate lives, he wanted the chance to choose the best of the best, rather than settling for the least horrid outcome as it seemed he had done all of his life.

There were so many days of his life that had been important to him, but he had to wonder which ones were important to the galaxy as a whole. Did the day that he decided to leave the Jedi matter to the timeline as much as it had mattered to him? What would happen if he went back and chose to leave Melida/Daan with Master Jinn as he had been expected to? Would Qui-Gon then have trusted and loved him more, thereby preventing the Master from pushing him aside for young Anakin? Even if it did change his Master?s opinion of him, would that influence the future of Anakin Skywalker for the best or for the worst?

Debating all of the pros and cons of all of the days of his life had proved to be a futile and impossible task and he soon found himself simply sitting quietly and listening to the soft sounds of the Living Force. He knew that he was expected to make a decision, but he did not know how to make such an important choice without the input of the Force. All of his life, he had reached to it for guidance and wisdom, and now in the moment he needed it most, he was left on his own.

?You are not alone,? Natira corrected as she stepped into the small clearing where he rested. ?The Force is always with you, and will always be with you.?

?Then why isn?t it telling me what to do?? Obi-Wan complained, aware that he might have sounded petulant but too frustrated to worry about it.

?This is your choice, Obi-Wan. It is a chance for you to decide how you would want your life to be lived. The first time, you accepted the guidance of the Force in all things, and though you did succeed in bringing balance, your life was an unhappy and desolate one, even for a Jedi.?

?But how am I to know what to change? How do I know how my choice might impact the rest of the galaxy?? he asked softly, his stormy blue-green gaze settling unfocused on the stream that ran burbling through the clearing.

?Your selflessness is a becoming trait, young Jedi,? Natira sighed, ?but it is a hindrance when it comes to your own happiness.?

?I cannot allow my own personal happiness to cause anyone else pain or suffering,? Obi-Wan argued. ?That is something I could never do.?

Settling to the ground beside the meditative posture of the Jedi, Natira turned her own indigo gaze to the flowing stream. Allowing a few moments to pass in silence she finally spoke again. ?The stream is quite beautiful isn?t it??

?Yes, it is,? he answered softly. If he was confused by the change of subject, he showed no indication of it.

?It?s sad, however, isn?t it?? she asked.

?Sad?? he questioned, turning to gaze upon her serene features.

?It is quite sad the damage the stream causes when the rain falls heavily. So many animals are killed in its raging waters, and many of the younger trees within the forest do not survive the flooding season. I wonder if perhaps we would not be better off without it,? she commented, her gaze still on the distant water.

?The stream is a necessity to the trees, even when it does flood,? Obi-Wan countered. ?And the flood is necessary as it helps the river to overturn the soil and gain more nutrients for the species that thrive within it. Without the river, the trees and animals would die just as surely and as swiftly as any have during the floods.?

?Do you suppose the river feels guilty for what it does?? Natira questioned, turning to regard the yo

9. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Lovin' it! Don't keep us in suspense too long over where/which life this is! Hold off on the beta if you have to. Like I said, I'm in no rush. ;)

10. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan always insisting on taking the blame for everything that happens in the galaxy. :(

What day did he choose?!

More! :)

11. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Oh, I HAVE to see what happens next! This is such an amazing story. More soon, please.

12. Taffy01

Taffy01 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    *runs around wildly while pulling out several strands...no... clumps of hair*

Which day, CK???????!!!!!!!!!

:_|

Taffy

13. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    I....need....more! MUST KNOW WHAT OBI-WAN PICKED! MUST KNOW! *runs around wildly like a herion-deprived junkie*

14. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Where is he?!!!!!

Must know!!! Which day did he choose?

Okay. Calm. :)

Great post. [face_love]

15. creelin

creelin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2002
    Okay, which day was it? Thirty years, let's see, would that be when they first landed on Tatooine?

I love this, CK.

16. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    **runs around with Taffy and MCK pulling out clumps of hair like a heroin crazed junkie :p

CK - the evil cliffie monster has you once again in its ghastly grip.... AAAAAAARGHH! POST!!!!!

:( The Wookiee

frustration aside - GOOOOOOOD STORY! :D

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Come on CK. You can't leave us hanging without telling us where he is (though I have a pretty good guess).

I'm afraid I might join Taffy in her hair pulling urges!

18. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    MNP I can say that even without that obligation, this story is awesome!!
    Ahh thanks! [face_blush]
    I am fascinated.... is this to keep me satisfied when POS ends???
    POS and end are two words that do not seem to go together. I think that badboy might even outlive me at the rate its going! IN all seriousness though I actually think this will end before POS. :)

LadyPadme Don't keep us in suspense too long over where/which life this is! Hold off on the beta if you have to. Like I said, I'm in no rush.
    Oh, don't worry, I won't post as inoftenly (new word I know ;) ) on this as I have on WLLFDTD (or as often as POS for that matter). As for the beta, I am still hoping to have it back to you by Monday. Of course, that might mean Monday night, but that is still technically "by monday" right? 8-}

Psycho_Freak Poor Obi-Wan always insisting on taking the blame for everything that happens in the galaxy.
    But he wouldn't be our Obi if he didn't do that! :) As for the day he chose... you'll just have to wait and see. Remember I've got three to play with! :D

Wild_Huntress Oh, I HAVE to see what happens next!
    I am going to try to post again tomorrow, but if not then probably on Monday ;) (though considering how late it is, I guess tomorrow would be Monday, and today Sunday... hmm.. now I am just confused :p )

Taffy Don't pull out your hair! That's not good! ;) I have to tell you, your icon is doing something crazy right now. All it is showing is the very top of Padmé's head. At first I thought it was some weird lizard or something!

MCK *runs around wildly like a herion-deprived junkie*
    Hmm.. now there's an image to go to sleep with ;) Now I am going to have dreams of junkies running around pulling their hair out as they are chased by the tooth fairy.

Jedi_Suzuran Hmm.. interesting Icon. I take it you probably did not choose it, as most of those who got changed did not :D Regardless... fascinating. Okay, now to the post
    Which day did he choose?
    Hmm.. Wednesday! Or maybe Christmas! No, I've got it May 15th! (sorry it is really late at night and I am in a strange, strange mood. Don't mind me I'm normally not this nuts) :)

creelin let's see, would that be when they first landed on Tatooine?
    Close, but remember he hasn't set foot on it in over 30 years ;) And I am glad you love this story, I do too!

Flashbacca CK - the evil cliffie monster has you once again in its ghastly grip
    Oh, I have hit the point that the evil cliffie monster is scared of ME! [face_devil] As for pulling the hair out, please don't do that! I have images of a naked wookie and clumps of hair as big as a small dog lying all over your apartment. I mean really, what would the neighbors think! :D

Kitara Come on CK. You can't leave us hanging without telling us where he is (though I have a pretty good guess).
    Actually, I really didn't mean for that to be a cliffie, I just needed a good breaking point for the next post. I've decided to write this all from one perspective so it will be different from all of my other longer stories so far. As for the guess, well spill it! :p

19. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I'll get you back for this cliffhanger, CK. You can count on it. [face_devil]

But in other news, niiiice chapter. :D

20. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Master...

That was a great post...with the exception of one small thing...

YA STOPPED!

Now as your Padawan I demand that you post the next chapter now...

Your Padawan

21. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Ooo! OOooOOO!

naboo! He can get rid of Jar Jar...He himself is probably what sent Ani to the Dark side....Kill JarJar!!!

-_dparis

22. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    That was cruel. I need a clue then maybe I can guess. More soon :)

23. Natira_Megnan

Natira_Megnan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    CK I was only kidding. Well I'm Natira_Megnan and there is Natira in your fic. So... :) (nevermind)

I loved the river thing. It was beautiful. I can't wait to see where Obi-Wan is now.

24. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    *stops running* IT'S ALL THE TOOTHFAIRY'S FAULT! MY PARENTS LIED! *continues to run*

Up

25. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    I loved the post!

The comparison to the river was excellent, a beautiful way of making Obi realizing he can't be held responsible for everything.

Like everyone else, I'm very curious about what place and time Obi decided to return to. Though, the last line embedded the cliffhanger to the point where I almost forgot it was one.

Fantastic writing, oh mighty CK!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.