main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Day More {Obi-Wan} COMPLETE 4-11-04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey everyone. I know I've been absent for awhile, but I honestly have a good excuse this time ;) (And please understand my levity, I'm trying really hard to deal with something I never expected to have to.)

Anyway, I'm posting this note to all my threads, so that everyone knows what is going on. Sorry for not doing replies, but between writing this and trying to tell others, I can't handle much more.

So... well, I thought I had a bad headache. Instead, I have optic neuritis. Basically my vision is affected and I can't really use the computer much or read or write. It will be a few weeks before I can do so again, and maybe longer since starting next semester will have to take first priority. Hopefully, this turns out to be only a case of optic neuritis and not the first attack of Multiple Sclerosis... I will hopefully find out I am in the minority and am one of those very lucky few who manage to only get this from some unknown reason.

Anyway, thanks everyone for staying along for the ride.. from POS to Tide, I appreciate all of your support for a sometime writer ;)

CK

2. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Well, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your vision! I do hope that it is the less serious one as well! Good luck with everything and we'll be happy to wait for as long as it takes!

3. ObiLegolas

May 15, 2002
  4. ObiLegolas

May 15, 2002
    up. i do hope that you will be able to continue this fic. Good luck with everything!

5. ObiLegolas

May 15, 2002
  6. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Leaving Sidious? body where it had fallen, Obi-Wan quickly ran toward the door Bant and N?erak had just exited. Instead of following their path toward where they had presumably landed their shuttle, Obi-Wan turned the other way, running deeper into the Imperial Center.

Reaching a door marked simply ?Barracks,? the Jedi quickly slipped inside, flicking on the light switch as he entered the darkened room. Moving toward a cabinet on the far wall that most likely held what he needed, the Knight smiled grimly.

Helping support N?erak?s weight, Bant also kept her ?saber in hand, keeping watch for any Storm Troopers, as they raced through the halls. Their small shuttle had most likely already been discovered, and so the two Jedi were planning on hijacking a ship from one of the Imperial bays. It not only allowed them the satisfaction of knowing for sure that the ship hadn?t been tampered with, but the extra time it would take for them to ?liberate? one of the ships would also allow Obi-Wan that much more time to reach them.

They had promised not to wait for him, but the two friends had not made any agreements as to how long it might take them to make good on their escape. Though Bant would not risk her or N?erak?s life unnecessarily, as she knew Obi-Wan would kill her himself if she did, she also was not going to just allow her friend to throw his own life away.

Exiting again from the small room only moments after he had entered, Obi-Wan tried to acclimate himself to breathing through the heavy mask. Though he had taken the precaution before even leaving Naboo of shaving his beard, the Storm Trooper helmet still seemed to restrict his air intake. The effect might have been mostly psychological, however, as the Jedi Master had never cared for anything touching his face.

Holding the blaster loosely in his hand, as he had seen the Troopers do so, Obi-Wan began to jog awkwardly toward the communications and power core. As he ran through the corridors, Obi-Wan had to hastily salute several higher ranking officers as he jogged past. Each time he was questioned, he answered that he was on a personal errand for the Emperor. As he had carefully chosen a uniform with patches depicting a Chamber room guard, the Jedi knew that his story was believable.

When the power room finally drew into sight, though, Obi-Wan had to suppress a sigh of relief. He had been careful in his planning, but he had still worried that one of the other Troopers or Officers would have tried to stop him. Luckily, however, the wrath of the Emperor was something none of the men, clones or not, wanted to face.

?The shields are up!? N?erak yelled toward the back of the shuttle, notifying Bant that she could cease in her attempts to reflect the blaster fire from the remaining guards. The two Jedi had carefully barricaded the doors of the shuttle bay as they had entered, leaving only the upper deck opening clear so that Obi-Wan could reach them.

With their back-up cut off, at least until some kind of a rigging system could be strung from the higher level, the bay guards had taken to hiding behind the crates and struts throughout the hanger, taking pot shots at the shuttle the two Jedi had commandeered.

?I don?t see him!? Bant answered back, as she reentered the shuttle, taking up a position within the shields, but still preventing any of the guards from boarding.

?I still need to get the stabilizers balanced,? N?erak called back. ?That will give him a few more minutes.?

Frowning slightly, Bant nodded, though her fellow Jedi could not see her. Technically, N?erak was more than capable of flying even without stabilizers, but she knew that he was stalling for time as much as she was. As long as the guards weren?t able to gain reinforcements, she and N?erak could risk waiting.

Leveling the blaster carefully, Obi-Wan balanc

7. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks so much everyone for waiting and for the support. My vision is somewhat better and there is more hope, so :D

Obi Legolas You are the greatest. Truly the greatest. Thanks so much, and this posts for you.

8. Drunk_on_Tang

Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    ::shudders over and over again::

Never, ever again will I doubt fanfic... never... I have forgotten what it is like to read something this good! Would chat more, but I've got to run!

~Dot

9. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Ooh! You updated! :D *hugs*

Very nice post *relieved sigh for Obi-Wan* :p .

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I am glad to have you back. I hope not only that the vision is improving, but the headaches are gone too!

11. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    So glad you are doing better and gifting us with lots and lots of great stuff to read as well!

12. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    I'm happy to see you back and I hope you will recover even more.

Thank you for posting!

13. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Welcome back! I'm so glad to hear that your vision has improved and that you're doing better. We've missed you!

And missed your fantastic posts! Great drama and suspense - let's hope they can get away clean. I bet the other stormtroopers were a little surprised when one of them took a headlong dive over the railing. :D

Cheers,

Shaindl

14. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Welcome back! I am glad to hear you are doing better. Wonderful post as always. :)

15. clark1016

clark1016 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2001
    Oooh, so happy to hear that you are feeling better, not to mention I'm happy to see this fic continued.

16. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    It's great to see you back and continuing this fic. I'm also glad to hear you're better and welcome back! :D

17. ObiLegolas

May 15, 2002
    Thanks, CK! :D So sorry it took me so long to see this wonderful post. I'm so glad that I finally had a break in school work to check the thread! Glad to hear that your vision is better as well!

Great post. I love how he finally succeeded in beeting the Emperor! (seemingly) ;)

18. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I almost missed this one!

Glad you are back. :D

Yay for Obi-Wan! I was a little worried Bant would shoot him by accident.

19. ObiLegolas

May 15, 2002
  20. ObiLegolas

May 15, 2002
  21. ObiLegolas

May 15, 2002
  22. ObiLegolas

May 15, 2002
  23. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    ObiLegolas Your ups finally got my attention. Thanks. I was lurking on this back up to June and enjoying it.

Sorry for your trouble CalaisKenobi Hope everything is working out for you. I think this is my first post. (lurking all along) My last update to my text file was the June post. It only took me 5-6 months to find it again... 8-} I have to go read back on the start of this day to catch up again. :)

24. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    The small shuttle had just cleared the upper atmosphere of Coruscant when a terrific rumble came from the planet?s surface and a massive cloud of burning debris rose up. The two Jedi on the shuttle barely noticed it however, as their attention was instead focused on the empty air where Obi-Wan Kenobi had just been.

?Well, I can see that you?ve finally figured out you actually need to live to make the day worthwhile,? Natira laughed as Obi-Wan materialized before her.

?Did I die again?? Obi-Wan questioned, confused by his sudden transition from the Imperial shuttle to Natira?s realm.

?No, this time you actually managed to survive,? she assured with a small smile. ?However, as you managed to ?set right? that which you had repeated the day for, it is not necessary for you to continue living in that reality unless you choose to after you experience your third day.?

?So, I would just return to the shuttle, but would have no idea how things would go from there?? Obi-Wan questioned softly. ?How would I know that things couldn?t go terribly wrong from that point??

?All of life is a risk,? Natira answered, her voice somewhat sorrowed. ?However, because your situation is so different, and this is meant to be a reward, not a punishment, I can assure you that things will not go ?terribly wrong? as you put it.?

?So things will be perfect?? he questioned as he finally rose to his feet from where he had landed kneeling.

?No,? Natira replied, her laughter ringing clearly across the open plain, ?if it was perfect, I imagine you would become bored quite quickly.?

Smiling abashedly at what was clearly the truth, Obi-Wan didn?t answer.

?Your life in that reality would continue to be an adventure, as the rebuilding process from the Empire?s destruction would take a lot of time, energy and dedication. There are also a few surprises waiting in the wings, now that the Empire is no longer a threat. However, during your lifetime, you would never again have to face such a large scale war.?

?But I don?t have to choose that day, right?? Obi-Wan asked as his mind turned toward his former Master and his former apprentice, both of whom would be lost to him if he chose to continue in that life.

?You do not have to choose any day,? Natira confirmed. ?If you wish, you may remain here, or you may continue on to become one with the Force. This is merely an option for you Obi-Wan, it was not meant to be such a chore,? she chastised.

?I understand that,? he responded after a slight hesitation, ?but I can?t just allow the galaxy to fall apart like it did before. I can?t stand by and allow such evil to grow and spread, destroying so many innocent lives.?

?Your character would not allow you to,? she confirmed. ?However, did you ever consider the possibility that maybe your personal happiness could carry across the entire galaxy??

Raising an eyebrow, Obi-Wan considered her response. ?You are saying that somehow I?m enough of an important figure in the galaxy, that simply making myself happy would solve all the problems?? he asked, with a slight smirk.

?You won?t know unless you try,? Natira answered just as smugly, grinning when Obi-Wan?s face reflected his shock at her answer. He had obviously assumed that she would take his response in the sarcastic manner it was given. ?You?ve managed to rid the world of Sidious in both of your other attempts,? she continued, ?and yet, you were still not happy, and the galaxy was still in a state of upheaval. Perhaps you give yourself too little credit. After all, the Force did choose you for this honor.?

?No one else has ever had this opportunity?? he questioned, his Jedi calm keeping him from too much shock at her words.

?You are the first, and the last,? Natira replied, her eyes suddenly darkening and seeming to reflect a great sadness. Despite the fact that he was not actively sensing, Obi-Wan could feel the sudden shift in the atmosphere of the realm, as if a cloud had suddenly passed over

25. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    DOT Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the post

obaona Yeah, it seems that updating has become a rare thing for me :(

Kitara My vision has improved drastically! The headaches, sadly, seem to be a part of life now. ahh well ;)

Paddyjuan THanks! [face_blush]

Vadeyfan2002 Thanks, I'm glad to be back too

Shaindl Great drama and suspense - let's hope they can get away clean. That might just be a question never answered :)

Sheila Thank you!

cristalvandepol It is really good to be back

ObiLegolas No, thank YOU!

Psycho-freak That would have been bad... "BANT! WHY DID YOU JUST SHOOT OBI!!!"

Altaira Well thanks for posting! I am a horrible lurker sometimes too, and I really appreciate your taking the time to post!

*Sorry the wait was so long again. I never intended for it to be, but I got swept up in this last year of work at college. Surprisingly, I am in finals week right now, yet have the time to write!*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.