main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Day More {Obi-Wan} COMPLETE 4-11-04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    ?However, did you ever consider the possibility that maybe your personal happiness could carry across the entire galaxy?? :eek:

I can't wait to see what day he will return to for his own personal happiness. So glad you have returned to this wonderful story CK. :)

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Obi-Wan, please, take this chance to achieve your own happiness. Sacrifice is important, but you cannot base your entire existence on it.?

That was my favorite line.

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You posted for us during finals? You are crazy.

Good luck this week!

4. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    ?Obi-Wan, please, take this chance to achieve your own happiness. Sacrifice is important, but you cannot base your entire existence on it.?
    You better listen to her Obi-Wan!

I hope Obi-Wan takes her advice and finally manages to find happiness.

Good luck on the finals! :D

5. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Hope you had a good run of finals, CK! Wonderful post! I just read it. Wow. Glad Obi succeeded and I"m curious to see what he'll choose to do for his third and final day!

6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Obiwan should marry the girl he loves and have kids: HAPPY!

7. Psycho-Freak

Jun 30, 2002
    Up with this!

8. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Obi-Wan sat quietly by the silver stream where Natira had left him. His eyes stared unfocused into the depths of the musically burbling water, as his mind wandered. He understood what Natira meant, on some level, but so much of his very being was devoted toward serving others that he couldn?t imagine doing something solely for himself. He wasn?t even sure how to do something solely for himself. It seemed as if every possible date he came up with to relive had some kind of significance toward preventing the rise of the empire.

He thought about going back to the time when Qui-Gon had chosen him as a Padawan. Maybe if someone else picked him instead, or if he?d ended up in the Agri-Corps, things would have been better? Or maybe he should go back to the first time he ever met Anakin. Maybe if he?d been nicer, and not so sure of his own superiority and place within the Jedi Order, things would have been different. Or he could go back to when Amidala was first elected Queen, and influence her to replace Palpatine as Naboo?s intergalactic representative.

As his mind poured over all of the different things he could have and should have done differently, the quiet rhythm of the stream seemed to change. It was only as the gentle burbling clearly became a melody that he surfaced from his thoughts. Listening to the soft whispers of the stream, he began to smile. Making his decision before he had the chance to second-guess himself, Obi-Wan called for Natira.

The air hanger was filled with people, sounds and the exotic smells that visibly represented the diversity of the galaxy. Among the hustle and bustle of the station, the unmoving figure of the lone Jedi stood out. The young Padawan stood quietly along the outer edge, an oddly serene smile on his face as he looked over the masses of people. Those that passed him by often hesitated, pausing to take another look. To see a Jedi was a rare occurrence, but to see one with an emotion and not just a blank expression was unheard of.

Those that had paused at his smile, nearly gasped as the serene smile became a blazing grin as another figure appeared in front of him. As the elder Jedi approached, the young Padawan seemed to almost vibrate in place with his obvious excitement. The odd rhythm to the chaos of the hanger was completely disrupted as the younger Jedi threw himself into the arms of the older one with a shout of delight. The entire station seemed to freeze at the joyous sound, but instead of frustration at the disruption, the harried passengers began to relax, and a few even smiled at the happy sounds.

Qui-Gon had entered the hanger hoping to quickly retrieve his Padawan and return immediately to the Temple. The situation on Carhos IV was quickly becoming unstable, and it was almost certain that he would be sent to mediate within the next few cycles. Although he had spent several months on the planet in the past, the elaborate rituals and gestures required that he review his memories and refresh his skills. One wrong signal could easily lead to warfare.

As he cut easily through the waves of people exiting the hanger, Qui-Gon began to surreptitiously scan for his apprentice. Even those patrons standing nearest to him would not be able to tell that he was not absolutely certain as to where he was going. It was one of the marks of the Jedi Order, and a great part of their mystique. With the raised hoods and billowing sleeves, the placid expressions and the unerring sense of direction, the Jedi seemed almost to be an entirely different kind of being. Although he often wondered if such an image didn?t lead to fear within some people, Qui-Gon had to admit that it did seem to assist in mediation and negotiation.

Unable to see the cowled figure of his apprentice, the Jedi Master reached out across the bond they shared. A strange sort of dissonance seemed to echo through the link, almost as if a great distance separate

9. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    GRRRRRRRRRR!!!! I had the responses all written and then it deleted them! GARBAGE!!!

Anyway, thanks to everyone and sorry this took so long.

Sheila Thanks, I'm glad I was able to keep writing it.

CrystalKenobi The funny thing is, I almost didn't add that line! I'm glad you liked it.

Kitara Somehow it seems easier to write during finals. Stress relief I guess!

ObiLegolas Suddenly your name gives me a plot bunny. Hmm... time passes, immortal (well sort of) elves... an elven Jedi?

Jenny Little Obi's running around? That could be fun!

Psycho Freak Thank you! Finals went very well luckily.

10. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Wonderful post.

I hope my guess is right as to the decision he made.

I could picture in my mind the look on Obi-wan's face.

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I am happy to see this back. Great post!!

12. Psycho-Freak

Jun 30, 2002
    Eeeeeee! This is back :D

Great post. Now I only wish I knew why Obi-Wan chose that time.

13. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I'm so glad to find that this wasn't abandoned. Hope to see more of it soon.

14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Yes will we find out why he picked that time?

LOVED THIS POST!

15. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    UP UP UP UP AND IS THIS STORY OVER NOW OR WHAT? I HOPE NOT :(

16. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ?Master! I?ve missed you!? Obi-Wan had cried as he flung his arms around the Jedi Master.

Returning the embrace in kind, Qui-Gon smiled.

One of my favorite lines, made me cry happy tears
    :_|

17. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  18. anekasolo

anekasolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    Oh! happy happy happy happy!

I started reading this because of the title is the same as one of the songs from the musical "Les Mis" (best mucial ever, I have the whole 2 1/2 hours memorized) but I am so glad that Obi-Wan is happy for once (unlike all the characters in "les Miserables")!

I hope he enjoys like this time around. Yippeeee!

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Well this is obiwan's 3rd pick after this he will have pick which one he wants for good.

That is if CalaisKenobi ever comes back, sighs sadly!

21. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!????????????

23. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

24. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    So Obi-Wan finally picked for himself and now knows that being a Jedi means he doesn't have to hide his feelings. I like how you had Qui-Gon musing about the mystic of the Jedi and how that could cause fear in people. Perhaps Obi-Wan's happiness can cause great changes if it causes the Jedi Order to be less insulare so that the people of the Republic will not so easily mistrust them when things go wrong. Wonderful post CK. :)

25. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ~sighs so sadly she cries again~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.