main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Day More {Obi-Wan} COMPLETE 4-11-04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    ?Well your visit went?? Master Yoda questioned, opening the session informally, despite the presence of the full Council.

?Yes Master,? Obi-Wan answered, as he dropped to one knee in deference. ?The information I collected from the libraries alone will vastly enhance the Temple files.?

?Permission you gained for information?? Yoda asked, an almost mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

?Yes Master,? the Apprentice replied blandly, only the slight sparkle in his eyes betraying his own humor.

?If that is all then, Padawan Kenobi, I suggest you return to your Master and begin gathering all of the work you have missed,? Mace Windu interjected. He had disagreed with the Council?s decision to send Obi-Wan alone to Kellis IV, despite the fact that the planetary system had not experienced war or conflict in hundreds of years. Somehow, to Mace at least, it seemed that whenever Master Jinn or Padawan Kenobi were involved in a mission, things seemed to go terribly wrong, terribly quick. At least in this case, Obi-Wan had returned unharmed.

?Actually, Master,? Obi-Wan began, causing the Councilors who had begun to rise from their seats to settle back down, ?There is something else I would like to discuss.?

?A problem you have?? Master Yoda asked, his eyes narrowing as he studied the apprentice both visually and through the Force.

?Not a problem I have, exactly,? Obi-Wan declared, ?but rather one the entire Jedi Order faces.?

Raising an eyebrow, Mace Windu motioned for the Padawan to pause as he raised Master Jinn on his comm. link. Once assured that the Jedi Master was on his way, Mace turned his attention back to Obi-Wan. ?Have you had a vision Obi-Wan?? the Councilor questioned as he leaned forward in his chair, his face a blank mask, but the concern visible in his dark eyes.

?I suppose you could call it that,? Obi-Wan replied with a rueful grin. ?Maybe it would help if I just showed you??

?Showed us what Padawan?? Ki-Adi Mundi questioned, as Qui-Gon Jinn finally arrived and was admitted to the Council chambers.

Nodding at his Master, Obi-Wan addressed Councilor Mundi. ?I?m sure that you are all capable of reading my Force signature?? the apprentice questioned. When the Council members nodded, he continued. ?I would ask you to focus on it then.?

Raising an eyebrow at his apprentice, but not deigning to interrupt, Qui-Gon also turned his senses toward where his Padawan stood in the middle of the room. The colors of the Living Force swirled around him lightly, but the black and white of the Unifying Force nearly dominated the essence that was Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Just as Master Mundi was about to comment, Obi-Wan spoke again. ?If you have all focused on me, you have seen the Force signature that is to be expected from a 14 year old apprentice. However, I ask you to focus on me again.?

Opening his mouth to object, Master Windu was cut off as Yoda raised one gnarled green hand. ?Prove what do you hope to?? the elder Jedi asked.

?Master Yoda,? the apprentice responded, dropping again to one knee from where he had risen at the Council?s original dismissal, ?I would ask you to trust me.?

Narrowing his eyes once more, Master Yoda nodded. ?Focus on you, we will,? he agreed.

Containing his desire to address his apprentice through the training bond, Qui-Gon held back a sigh and refocused on Obi-Wan. He wasn?t sure what his apprentice was trying to prove, but he hoped it wasn?t something that would anger the Council. The team spent enough time in the Jedi High Council?s bad graces without trying.

Centering his focus once more, Qui-Gon opened his ?eyes? to the Force, expecting to see the same mixture of power, the untrained essence of a junior apprentice. What he saw instead caused him to gasp and break his concentration. Looking around, the Master realized he wasn?t the only one to have been startled back to the present in the Council Chambers. All twelve of the Councilors looked to the center of the chamber in a mixture of awe, disbelief and uncertainty.

At the center of t

2. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    As congratulations to me on getting into my first choice graduate school, I decided to take the time from studying midterms to indulge in some cathartic writing! :)

CrystalKenobi I could picture in my mind the look on Obi-wan's face.
    I'm glad. I worried it was overkill, but wanted to go with it regardless :)

Kitara Thanks!

Psycho-Freak Actually, I'm not sure why he picked the time either. My mind seems to be writing the story, without any input from me!

Opal Nope, not abandoned, just neglected 8-}

Jenny It's not over, not yet. However, finding time to write is difficult lately!

Anekasolo It's named after the song from Les Mis! I performed it in High School and just loved the idea of the song. This isn't exactly it, but it sort of works ;)

Sheila Perhaps Obi-Wan's happiness can cause great changes if it causes the Jedi Order to be less insulare so that the people of the Republic will not so easily mistrust them when things go wrong.
    Here's hoping ;) :D

3. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    So Obi-Wan decided to go for the direct approach and just came out and told them who he was and what he had experienced. Wonderful CK. I hope he finally has found the happiness he so richly deserves. :)

?I suppose I?ll just have to take it out on you on the training mats,? Obi-Wan replied with a devious grin. ?Somehow, I doubt that you are prepared for how far I?ve advanced in four weeks.?

Leaning forward with a grin and tugging on the braid once more, Qui-Gon answered. ?I look forward to it.?

I loved this banter between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. :D

4. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Congratulation CK! :D

So, it seems like things are finally going to work out for Obi-Wan. I won't celebrate yet because knowing you there is a surprise or a cliffhanger just around the corner. :p But I do hope that Obi-Wan can finally be happy for one.

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I am glad to see Obi-Wan in a place where he is finally happy. But I can't imagine my mindset (as an adult) in the body of a fourteen year old again. Gads! Although, since he told his master and the council who or what he really is, maybe Obi-Wan will be treated like an adult in private. I don't see his friends/agemates understanding it if it was done in public.

6. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    At the center of the chamber stood Obi-Wan, though his posture and bearing were clearly no longer that of a Jedi apprentice, but instead that of a Master of the Force. Raising an eyebrow above twinkling blue-green eyes, the youngest Jedi in the room smiled roguishly.

I could almost picture this. This is definitely my favorite part of this post, CalaisKenobi.

And congrats on your school.

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    This is just wonderfull so they all know now :)
    I can't wait to see where this one goes and yes hopfully this one will go well!

8. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I LOVE THE NEW CHANGES ON THE BOARDS :D

10. purplebabbit

purplebabbit Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    Up :) any more soon?

11. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    :_| WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

12. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    *creeps into thread*

*creeps out of thread.*

13. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    This is one of my favorite stories, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa no post yet.........

14. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Wow! The last few posts were great! I missed them earlier. Glad I caught up again. Wonderful story! Can't wait to see that sparring match! 8-} :D

15. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    pppppthhhbbbbbbbbbbb....

hey.... do stuff......

right...

-_me

16. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    The hissing and sizzling as the emerald and azure blades met again and again added a cadence to the beautiful but deadly dance evolving between the two Jedi Masters- one an older man with long flowing hair and a beard, the younger with short, spiked hair and a wide grin on his face. The dance seemed to flow back and forth between the two, sometimes with the older pushing, but more often with the younger in the lead. The battle continued until a terrific leap by the younger placed him at the other?s back. A quick kick to the jaw, and the dance was over.

Offering a hand to his former Master, Obi-Wan helped Qui-Gon regain his feet. ?That?s quite an impressive move,? the elder Master commented with a wry twist to his lips.

?Well, I can?t honestly take the credit for it,? Obi-Wan answered, a shadow seeming to cross his face as he spoke. Leaning down to grab the two towels the two had laid out earlier, Obi-Wan tossed one to Qui-Gon. ?All I can say is that the move is just as effective in an actual battle.?

Reading the expression on his former apprentice?s face, Qui-Gon sobered. ?I take it I should learn the counter to that move then??

Answering with a quirked smile, Obi-Wan went back to mopping the sweat from where it had gathered on his forehead. ?My Master always advocated learning?? he replied as he finished with the towel and tossed it back on the bench.

?Sounds like a wise man,? Qui-Gon stated as he too finished with his towel. Pausing to take a draught from the water bottle, the older Master surreptitiously watched his former apprentice. Only a few days before, Master Jinn had been raising a young, headstrong, Jedi Apprentice. Today, Qui-Gon stood before his fellow Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Handing the bottle to Obi-Wan as he finished, Qui-Gon spoke softly. ?It mustn?t have been easy??

Taking a drink from the bottle, Obi-Wan hesitated, considering how best to answer his former Master?s carefully phrased opening. As the cool water washed down his throat, Obi-Wan was enveloped by a sense of peace. Glancing carefully around for the source of the tranquility, he smiled softly as he recognized where it was coming from. Although Obi-Wan could still clearly see the arena where he and Qui-Gon were exercising, he could also see the form of Natira interposed over the matted floors. Her hair flowing gently behind her as if she stood in a light breeze, Natira stood with one hand raised in a clear gesture of farewell. A soft smile lit her face as she nodded to Obi-Wan, as if congratulating him, before fading away once more.

Lowering the bottle, Obi-Wan suddenly knew how to answer his Master?s inquiry. ?It wasn?t easy,? he began. ?However, I can honestly say that the chances I have been given and the things I have lived through have taught me one very important lesson.?

Noticing the change that had seemed to overcome his former Padawan as he began to speak, Qui-Gon remained silent. Master Jinn may not have felt any change in the Force, but it was clear that some conflict had been resolved within the younger Knight. It was almost as if Obi-Wan?s eyes were suddenly filled with some inner light- a brilliance of knowledge and serenity.

Smiling almost serenely, Obi-Wan turned his full gaze on his former Master. ?Everything that I have experienced, every wrong I tried to undo, every major event I tried to change? it really meant nothing.?

Opening his mouth to protest, Qui-Gon halted as Obi-Wan raised his hand gently in a quelling gesture. ?I don?t mean to say that I take what I have been given lightly, but rather, I?ve realized that it wasn?t the major events, or the cataclysmic changes that were meant to teach me. Instead, I think I was meant to learn one of the most important lessons of all: life isn?t a series of big events interspersed by little meaningless tasks. The universe can?t be changed by one major event, nor can one man really affect it.?

Turning to set the water bottle down on the bench by his towel, Obi-Wan

17. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Sheila So Obi-Wan decided to go for the direct approach and just came out and told them who he was and what he had experienced
    Yup, Obi-Wan finally took the easy way out ;)

Psycho-Freak I won't celebrate yet because knowing you there is a surprise or a cliffhanger just around the corner.
    Nope, no surpises or cliffhangers! Just the end :(

Kitara maybe Obi-Wan will be treated like an adult in private
    Maybe! Who knows. I'm sure that will be addressed somewhere in some other fanfic ;)

MysteriousRaven13 Thank you! :)

Jenny I like the changes too :D

Purplebabbit Yup, more right now

Jacen20015 Thanks for the up!

ObiLegolas Well, it was a short match :D

dparis84 An ending, just for you!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR FOLLOWING THIS! If you want more stories, or more updates, look for me on yahoo groups under CalaisKenobi (too lazy to look up the link right now).

Cheers!

18. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
    doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

doo doo doo do-doo doo doo
    doo doo doo do- doo doo doo

...... popcorn via Doo.

19. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
  20. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I think I'm kinda sad to see this one end. :_|

It was a wonderful story. I'll look for your other stuff where ever I can find it.

21. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Sorry about the lurking (it's a habit I have been slowly picking up again..) but I thought that I would stop in and tell you that I greatly enjoyed this story! It was wonderful! :D

And I too am sorry to see it end, but it was a fun ride while it lasted!

22. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    I don't believe I've replied until now, for which I hope you'll forgive me, CK... [face_blush]

I thought this was a very well-written story, but the thing that really stood out for me was the originality of the concept...I started reading this and thought, "Why didn't I think of that!?"

That, my dear, is what I think makes a great story...

You've also managed to blend some thrilling action sequences with beautiful character development, which is also quite difficult to do...

When it's done well, though, it creates a very enjoyable and well-crafted piece...

Brava, CK, this was some achievement!

:)

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I agree with Opal. I liked this one so much I didn't want it to end.

24. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I don't want this one to end.

I loved every moment of this story and the ending was no exeption. :) You created an excelent and unique story and it certainly was a fun ride.

P-F

25. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    As everyone else has said you have written an excellent story! Nothing could be better! One of the greats! :D Though I am sad to see it end, it was awesome. The ending wasn't what I expected either, it was better! This is just a totally great piece of work! :cool: You've outdone yourself!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.