main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Day More {Obi-Wan} COMPLETE 4-11-04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I ain't spilling it CK. I've learned lessons the hard way at RRK's/

2. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Great post! Typical Obi-Wan. He was missing the point just a little there, worrying about the galaxy instead of his own life. I can't wait to see what day he has picked to relive. This is a wonderful idea for a story! More soon please. :D

3. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Fallen I'll get you back for this cliffhanger, CK. You can count on it.
    It wasn't even a cliffhanger!!! Cliffhangers would be WLLFDTD or even POS! Not this!!!

Padawan Now as your Padawan I demand that you post the next chapter now...
    You will flip when you see the inspiration I had for this. It won't be the next post, it's two or three away yet, but WOW... I even shocked myself. [face_shocked]

dparis naboo!
    DING DING DING!!! And the lovely lady wins... a cookie! :D

cristalvandepol It was not cruel! :p It was a good stopping place!

Natira Jeez... I am such a ditz. LOL! Sorry, I totally missed that :D As for the river thing, thanks! I had MNP read it because I wasn't sure if it worked or not before I even attempted to post.

MCK The toothfairy is a wily and dangerous villian.

Cicci The comparison to the river was excellent, a beautiful way of making Obi realizing he can't be held responsible for everything.
    Thanks so much! I was worried about whether or not that was too lame or too overt. I'm glad it worked :D

Kitara I ain't spilling it CK. I've learned lessons the hard way at RRK's
    [face_pout]

Sheila He was missing the point just a little there, worrying about the galaxy instead of his own life.
    Well... he still hasn't quite gotten that point, but he will [face_devil]

Thanks for all the responses everyone! I planned on posting on this tonight, but after writing three posts, I'm afraid that I would write a poor one for this. I plan on getting the post up sometime tomorrow though as long as nothing comes up. Thanks!

4. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    So it's on Naboo? Ooh...is this going to be a rewrite of the trilogy? Am I getting too far ahead of myself? Intrigued....

5. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Hey, can I get that Cookie three weekends from now?

Better yet, screw the cookie, I'll just call the movie my prize...Who needs a freekin' cookie when you've got the biggest Obi-Wan ever being projected over you...

-_dparis

6. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    **sits in front of screen, waiting patiently**
    ~~~~~~~~~

dparis I am soooooooo totally there with you! I will be sitting there this Fri staring at the biggest Obi I've ever seen :D :D :D :D

:D The Wookiee

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Must....know...what's...going...on

8. dparis

May 21, 2002
    Flashbacca- So far the Giant Obi-ness is up for November 16th...Right? Pleeze?

9. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    PLEASE! I can take no more of this...where is he?!

It's killing me...

10. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    I just found this wonderful story. I think my favorite line is>>> Okay, so if this is the Force, why am I saddled yet again with this horrible hairstyle?<<<<<. I am looking forward to the next post.

Velvet

11. Taffy01

Taffy01 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    Okay... I stopped running wildly and stopped pulling out my hair. Now, I'm just like MCK and Flashbacca hitting the heroin, looking like some weird lizard who's supposed to look like Edward Scissorhands, and attacking the Tooth Fairy on MCK's behalf.

;)

Taff

P.S. Can't wait for the big OBI either!

12. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    The sights and smells were familiar and oddly comforting, though they had haunted his dreams for over thirty years. The slightly pungent tang of the water and the strong odor of the nearby peat conspired to bring forth memories he did not wish to recall. Taking a deep breath of the aromatic air of the swamp, he worked to calm himself. There is nothing here to worry about? yet

?I foresee you will become a great Jedi Knight someday.? A voice beside him spoke, pulling him from his turbulent thoughts and reminding him that he had ?entered? in the middle of that conversation.

Focusing his eyes on the face he couldn?t have ever forgotten, yet had never been able to quite recall, he smiled. ?Thank you, Master. I appreciate all that you have done for me, and all of the sacrifices you have made in your life so that I could be a part of it. Now is probably not the best time to tell you this, but I want you to know just how much you mean to me. I don?t know my real father, but I know he could never mean anything more to me than you do.?

Obi-Wan had had years of self-flagellation and isolation to recreate that one moment in time that had haunted him throughout his life, and yet, though he had known exactly what he would say, he could not stop the flood of tears that came to his eyes. ?I love you Master.?

Taken aback, and slightly shocked by the sudden outpouring of emotions over a bond that had been mostly closed since the transport from Coruscant, Qui-Gon didn?t react at first as Obi-Wan threw his arms around him in an embrace. After only a few seconds time, the Master recovered and returned the hug. ?I am so proud of you, Obi-Wan. You are truly my son, in every way except for blood.?

Before either Jedi could make any response, they were interrupted by the appearance of Jar Jar Binks. And now it begins? Obi-Wan sighed as he watched his Master resume his stolid Jedi mask and set to the task at hand. Only this time, I will make certain that my Master survives this day

The meeting with Boss Nass had gone exactly as Obi-Wan remembered it, the only difference coming from the slight banter he and Qui-Gon kept up over their bond. The last time, the training bond they shared had been tightly shielded from both ends, and neither Jedi had even made an attempt to contact the other.

\\Do you suppose she actually thought she was fooling us with that handmaiden stunt?\\Obi-Wan asked, raising an eyebrow as he turned to regard his Master.

\\Perhaps? though I might have added to her belief while we were on Tatooine\\ Qui-Gon responded in his typical light tone.

\\Oh?\\ Obi-Wan questioned, delighting in the levity he was sharing with the man he had though he could only dream of speaking to again.

\\Well, it was much easier to get things done if I was only relying on the word of a handmaiden and not the Queen\\

Laughing softly, Obi-Wan redirected his attention to the scene playing out before them. Boss Nass was partaking in his salivation routine, while Queen Amidala tried to smile despite her obvious disgust. At least Jar Jar doesn?t drool? Obi-Wan thought, watching the thick streams of? something? fly from the Gungan leader?s mouth. Turning his head away before he became nauseated, he found his gaze locked on the sandy-haired boy that stood beside him.

If I killed him, I?d be doing the galaxy a favor? Watching the smile that shined over the young boy?s angelic features, Obi-Wan had to admit to himself that he could never harm Anakin Skywalker, even if he was doomed to become Darth Vader. But this time will be different! He swore to himself, drawing a strange look from his Master at the determined expression on his face. Easing it with a slight smile, he forced his attention away from the future Sith and back to the proceedings at hand.

He knew every move the Zabrak would make, and he was prepared to counter every one. Fighting with a

13. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Excellent! Although when I read the part about If I killed him, I?d be doing the galaxy a favor? I initially thought you were talking about killing Jar-Jar. lol. :D

Can't wait to see where he goes from here...

14. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    Already one of my absolute favorite post. You did an excellentjob with the realationship between Qui and Obi. The part in the duel where Darth Maul asks who Obi- Wan was is my favorite part.Waiting for the next post with baited breath.

Velvet

15. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    LadyPadme Ooh...is this going to be a rewrite of the trilogy?
    No, that I can guarantee it won't be ;) It will go as far as EP III maybe... but no farther than that

dparis Hey, can I get that Cookie three weekends from now?
    Oh heck yeah. I'll get ya some kind of weird Ohio cookie that you wouldn't find anywhere else on earth :D

Flashbacca I will be sitting there this Fri staring at the biggest Obi I've ever seen
    Ooohh... I am so excited too! I can't wait. Dude, even Yoda's gonna be huge!!!! :D :D

Arwen_Jade-Kenobi Must....know...what's...going...on
    Okay :)

dparis So far the Giant Obi-ness is up for November 16th...Right? Pleeze?
    It runs from Nov 1 to Dec 31 at Carnegie so as long as we survive the bus station at that time of night we'll be all good. Speaking of which, any objections if I run to Erie first and bring my German shepherd along for the ride? :p

KatarnLead PLEASE! I can take no more of this...where is he?!
    DisneyLand!!! ;) Okay, so maybe that's Arldetta

Velvet_Elfin I think my favorite line is>>> Okay, so if this is the Force, why am I saddled yet again with this horrible hairstyle?<<<<<.
    Funny... that's one of my favorite lines too! :p Thanks!

Taffy Now, I'm just like MCK and Flashbacca hitting the heroin, looking like some weird lizard who's supposed to look like Edward Scissorhands, and attacking the Tooth Fairy on MCK's behalf.
    And that, boys and girls, is why one should not take drugs! ;)

16. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    LadyPadme Although when I read the part about If I killed him, I?d be doing the galaxy a favor? I initially thought you were talking about killing Jar-Jar
    Hmm.... not a bad idea [face_thoughtful] :p

Velvet Thanks! [face_blush]

17. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Ooohhh. :D Now we get to see the aftereffects . . . [face_devil] :D

Great post! :D :D :D

18. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Hey, nice! A great day for Obi to change...and likewise, killing Jar Jar would certainly be doing the galaxy a favour.

Nice stuff, keep it coming!

19. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    obaona Ooohhh. Now we get to see the aftereffects . .
    Initially I was going to do the entire "day" in one post, but it was going to be way too long, so I decided to spread it out a bit ;) Thanks!

KatarnLead and likewise, killing Jar Jar would certainly be doing the galaxy a favour.
    Oh yes, that would definitely be a GOOD thing to do :D I am definitely a full member of the "Jar Jar squishing fan club."

20. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    I finally get to catch up on the post. My brain was too cheesified yesterday to do it justice. :_|

:eek: :eek:

All I can say is great post. No, fantastic post.

So...what changes? :)

21. dparis

May 21, 2002
    OOO! OOOO!! i get to mess with a German Shephard!!? Woohoo I'm such a dog person. Well, growing up with like 20 of 'em kinda forces one into being a dog person, right? What's it's name?

Well, I'm all for it. Hell, I'll be away from WI, I'm all for anything.

-_dparis

22. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Great, great post!

I'm so anxious to see what happens next!

Like LadyPadme, I wondered for a split second if it wasn't Jar Jar Obi wanted to kill. :D My bad...

23. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Wohoo!!! Go Obi.

Great post!

At least Jar Jar doesn?t drool? Obi-Wan thought, watching the thick streams of? something? fly from the Gungan leader?s mouth. :p [face_laugh]

Oooo Do we get to kill Anakin and Jar Jar?? :D

24. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    I knew it, I just knew it. Always thinking about the galaxy never himself. Great post. Its very intriguing. :)

25. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    :eek:

C'mon! In the spirit of the season, update again!! ;)

I can't wait to see where this leads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.