main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Day More {Obi-Wan} COMPLETE 4-11-04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Never read these comments with food in your mouth. I thought I was going to lose it when I read what Ladypadme[/b[ had to say [face_laugh]

Yeah- I was right about choice number one. I have an idea about a certain war torn place for choice number two- am I close?

2. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Oh wonderful Calais! I think you picked the day most fans would like to rewrite. It was great to see Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon get a chance to actually relate their feelings to each other. And I loved seeing Obi-Wan wipe the floor with a confused Maul. I can't wait to see the fallout from these changes. :D

3. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    MORE MORE MORE MORE

please :D

4. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    ^^^ I'm with the wookie on that one...need more! PLEASE???

5. Hromiko

Hromiko Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    Wow! What a great post! Of course putting your skills to re-writing Obi's miserable life could only make something good. More soon, por favor!

6. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Jedi_Suzuran All I can say is great post. No, fantastic post.
    Wow... thanks! [face_blush]

dparis Woohoo I'm such a dog person. Well, growing up with like 20 of 'em kinda forces one into being a dog person, right?
    Yup! Her name is Ella and she is 4 years old and 110 lbs. She's a sweetie though ;)

Cicci I'm so anxious to see what happens next!
    Well hopefully you won't have to wait too long... [face_devil]

Psycho-Freak Oooo Do we get to kill Anakin and Jar Jar??
    Oh it's definitely a thought. How about if they kill Anakin and then have fried Gungan legs at the celebratory party? :D

cristalvandepol Always thinking about the galaxy never himself.
    Oh that's definitely going to get him into trouble ;)

TheFallen C'mon! In the spirit of the season, update again!!
    Hmm... [face_thoughtful] Maybe this weekend :D

Kitara Never read these comments with food in your mouth.
    VERY VERY Good advice!!!
    I have an idea about a certain war torn place for choice number two- am I close?
    Well considering the entire galaxy is pretty war torn after EP I... chances are you are right by default ;)

Sheila I think you picked the day most fans would like to rewrite. It was great to see Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon get a chance to actually relate their feelings to each other. And I loved seeing Obi-Wan wipe the floor with a confused Maul.
    Yes, that day definitely had to be the first, if only because it is Obi-Wan that we are talking about. As for Qui and Obi's feelings I was worried I might have gone beyond the "Jedi" stance of emotions, but since Obi-Wan has been thinking about it for over 30 years, I hoped it was passable this time :D

Flashbacca Will you sing if I don't? :confused:

KatarnLead Hmm... [face_considering] 8-}

Hromiko Of course putting your skills to re-writing Obi's miserable life could only make something good.
    Are you sure you meant to post on my thread with that? 8-}

7. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Whew!!! Finally got over here to read this...sorry Master.

This was a great post...but I wonder what this change will mean for the rest of the time line...Now that Qui-Gon is alive who will train Ani..Obi or Qui....

And will ani still turn?

I loved that last line though..gave me the chills when I read it....

Can't wait to read more...Way to go...

Your Padawan...

8. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    It has to go wrong, because it's more fun that way. I say....Anakin ends up even worse, Turning Qui-Gon into a person worse off than being dead originally, and later gets killed by Anakin in what would have been the battle by the volcano...? but tha'ts just my twisted brain whispering in my ear...shaddap.

--dparis

ps- CK, so there's going to be a dog in your dorm room? Is that allowed? I almost got in trouble for a turtle...and it's not like those things are much of a problem...He smelled nice.

9. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Fabulous post CK! I love this fic. That was a good day for Obi to change. I must see how this plays out. More soon right?

10. Taffy01

Taffy01 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    CK, I just had a chance to read your post and....... wow! It was superb. I'm hoooked. You're the best!

Taffy

P.S. I stopped running around like a maniac and quit the hard stuff! ;)

11. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    Sing??? hmmmmm that depends.....will you post if I don't ?[face_plain]

Need inspiration today for song.....have h. phys test and physics test and am frazzled.
    :(

awwwwww, 'bout the dog - me too dparis grew up with a ton of them....had to get one when I moved out on my own but wasn't able to get a big one :( (grew up with shepherds and labs) so I had to get a fluffball (Pomeranian) that thinks she weighs 110 lbs. - have fun!!!!! throw a couple of balls for me [face_laugh]

The Wookiee

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Great post Ck!!!! Must have more!!

13. dparis

May 21, 2002
    Sorry, our dogs don't play "ball." They see the ball, run after it, pass it, and keep going until they find a horse to play chicken with. They were raised to run, and they don't do much more....well, they do lick a lot....does that count as a talent? They all seem to have the shared idea that if they lick it enough, the door will open...

-_dparis

14. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    [face_laugh]

OK so no ball - what are they, greyhounds?

15. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    yeeks! I need that next part, I'm too addicted to this story!

16. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Obi-Wan stood silently in the middle of the Council Chambers as his Master finished giving his report on the events that had transpired on Naboo. Your former Master? he reminded himself, both dismayed and thrilled by the turn of events. He was upset to again be losing Qui-Gon, but at least this time he would still be able to communicate with him and seek him out for advice. He is still alive, and that?s what is important

?Do you have anything to add to your Master?s report, Padawan Kenobi?? Master Windu asked, startling Obi-Wan out of his reverie. He found it strangely amusing to again be addressed as ?Padawan? by the man that he had shared many late night talks and drinks with during his doomed training of Anakin Skywalker.

?No Master Windu,? he answered, trying to emulate the reverent tone he knew that he had once held when speaking to the Jedi High Council. If only you knew, Master, how much like you I became as the Republic and the very Order that had raised me crumbled around my feet

?An excuse, have you, for your impetuous actions against the Sith?? Master Yoda inquired, his sleepy eyes seeming to penetrate Obi-Wan?s very soul.

?I was only trying to do my duty as a Padawan and protect my Master,? he replied, bowing his head slightly.

?And risk your own life in the process?? Master Plo Koon questioned, leaning forward in his chair.

?I did not feel that I was putting my own life at risk,? Obi-Wan stated properly. ?I knew that I had more experience with staff fighting than my Master, and I felt that gave me an advantage that my Master did not have.? Although his statement would have been a lie, had he actually been ?Padawan Kenobi,? it registered in the Force as a truth, since the man that stood before the Council definitely had more experience fighting Sith than any other living Jedi.

?Regardless, your actions speak of a certain recklessness,? Mace Windu interjected. ?And recklessness is a trait not befitting a Jedi Knight.?

?I? I don?t understand,? Obi-Wan stuttered, his stormy blue gaze locking on Master Windu?s unfathomable expression.

?A powerful Jedi you will be,? Master Yoda spoke, ?but ready for Knighthood now you are not. Remain a Padawan with Master Jinn you will, until ready for your trials the Council deems you.?

?So what is to become of me then?? The young, plaintive tones rang out through the serene halls of the Jedi Temple, as the temper of the young boy rose.

?Anakin, you will be a Jedi, but I cannot train you,? Qui-Gon Jinn explained, his consoling tones a strong contrast to Anakin?s sharp retort.

?You cannot train me because Obi-Wan is too jealous of me!? Anakin shouted, his little hands balling up into fists.

?It is not Obi-Wan?s fault that I cannot train you,? Qui-Gon sighed. ?The Council has made a decision regarding your training and I must abide by it.?

?But the Council would?ve let you train me if it wasn?t for him!? the young boy screamed. ?I wish that Sith would?ve killed him and then he wouldn?t be ruining my life!?

?Anakin, I think it is time that you returned to the initiate?s dorm and spent some time with your instructor on your temper,? the Master replied calmly. ?I am sure that she can help you to learn some meditative techniques that will help.?

?But I don?t want some ?instructor,?? Anakin sobbed, his clear blue eyes filling with the tears of a frightened young child. ?I want you!?

?I know Anakin, I know,? Qui-Gon said, crouching down and pulling the boy into a tight hug. ?You have been through quite a bit in these past few days, and it is understandable that you are afraid, but you must learn to control yourself.?

?I could learn if you helped me,? he sniffed, pulling back from the Master?s embrace; his eyes pleading with Qui-Gon.

?I will see if I can spare some time to assist your instructor,? the Master acquiesced, smiling gently when Anakin?s expression broke out in a bright grin. ?But for now I must attend to my Padawan.?

?Yes Maste

17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    awe...this is kinda sad. Qui all super mad at him and Obi was just doing it to save his life.

Want more!

18. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Padawan This was a great post...but I wonder what this change will mean for the rest of the time line...Now that Qui-Gon is alive who will train Ani..Obi or Qui....
    Or perhaps neither :p

dparis It has to go wrong, because it's more fun that way
    Of course it will go wrong! This is Obi-Wan after all :D

Wild_Huntress That was a good day for Obi to change
    Well... a good day for him to WANT to change, but maybe not the "right" one to change ;)

Taffy P.S. I stopped running around like a maniac and quit the hard stuff!
    Good, 'cause I'd hate to have to find myself arresting you someday :p

Flashbacca Sing??? hmmmmm that depends.....will you post if I don't
    Hmm... [face_considering] I'm not sure, I've never heard a wookie sing...

Arwen Thanks! :D

dparis does that count as a talent? They all seem to have the shared idea that if they lick it enough, the door will open...
    Well, I guess that depends. Do you open the door for them when they lick it a lot? 'Cause then wouldn't that be a "Pavlovian" kinda thing? :confused:

Flashbacca OK so no ball - what are they, greyhounds?
    Well, Ella is the same way... she grabs the ball, runs and then chews it to bits and pieces. You'd think that after we've gone through several packs of tennis balls, we'd give up ;)

Jedi_Knight_Hunter yeeks! I need that next part, I'm too addicted to this story!
    Well, as MNP pointed out to me, this post is kinda boring, but hey, it's a post after all! Right! :D

19. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Of course, Qui-Gon isn't to blame, he has no idea that Obi-Wan has returned to him after a lifetime of experience and Obi-Wan can't really explain it either. I feel bad for him though, to get his dream of saving his master and returning to his side only to feel again like a disappointment to the man. :(

It is funny, I have always thought that I would not want to relive my life unless I could do so while retaining the knowledge I have attained through the living. You are giving Obi-Wan that chance and it is very interesting indeed. I can't wait for more. :D

20. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    *speechless*

Wow...nice stuff...what Obi-Wan thought would protect his master, has completely changed it all...I like!

Good work, want more now!

21. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Whoa. :eek:

You try, and yet you get called up on your actions. I can understand Qui and Anakin's reactions, but still, Obi did the right thing.

Or did he? I wonder how you'll keep this going, CK. There's always a price to pay for your deeds.

Obi's is starting already, methinks.

Oh yes, transcendently fabulous post. :D [face_love]

22. dparis

May 21, 2002
    Ah that made me happy..and pissed. gugh, leave it to Beaver. Qui's a motard, Anakin deserves to die. 'nuff said. Maybe I should take my umbrella to their butts...

Flashbacca- I've got Siberian Huskies. 21, to be exact. We tried to train a few to fetch, but the closest we got was one of them chasing the frisbee, finding it, and having a staredown with it. Sadly, he usually lost.
    The lost dogs to get loose were twins who ripped the head off a still-surprised chicken, and ran in opposite directions. It was funny later on.

-_Sguid

23. creelin

creelin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan. Doesn't seem to matter what he does, Qui-Gon just doesn't appreciate it. All Lunkhead seems to care about is that he can't train Anakin.

24. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Qui all super mad at him and Obi was just doing it to save his life.
    But maybe Qui-Gon is only so mad because he feared for Obi-Wan's life? Fear leads to anger... ;)

Sheila Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
    Exactly!
    I have always thought that I would not want to relive my life unless I could do so while retaining the knowledge I have attained through the living.
    I'm not a big country music fan, but there is one song my old roommate used to play that I really liked. It's called "THE DANCE" by Garth Brooks. And basically the premise is that if he had known what would have happened in his relationship, he might have changed it to miss the pain, but then he would've had to miss the joy as well. I think that that is the best philosophy regarding any chance I would take with reliving my life. What good things would I lose along with the bad? and what other bad things would I be opening myself up to?

Katarn_Lead what Obi-Wan thought would protect his master, has completely changed it all...I like!
    And, unfortunately, Obi's not done meddling yet. There are still some other... things... he is going to try to change [face_devil]

Jedi_Suzuran There's always a price to pay for your deeds. Obi's is starting already, methinks.
    And sometimes perhaps the price is too high to pay? At least he is going to get three chances though... :D

sguid Maybe I should take my umbrella to their butts...
    Yup, I'm definitely bringing my toy lightsaber when I come to get you... if nothing else we duel at o'dark hundred throughout the bus station ;)

25. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan. Nothing turns out to be the way he wants it. And although it isn't Qui-Gon's fault because he doesn't know what's happening I still want to hit him in the head with a bat! :D

Anakin! Arghhh, what was the force thinking when he/it/she created him?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.