main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends One Day Remains - an Obi-Wan story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TheLurker, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    OH, poor Obi-Wan beaten so badly :_| :_|

How thrilling he was rescued by Remy! :D Now, hopefully his bully of a father will let him go off to the temple...somhow I think that will be a bit of a challenge for the Jedi!

I'm really enjoying this story. Please keep me on the PM list.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

2. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    oooh, do keep me on the PM list too! :D I can't wait till you update!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great update! =D=

4. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    Yes, keep me on the PM list and soon please! I'm gonna die if you don't post soon! [face_beatup]

5. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    One Day Remains
    By Rhi
    Chapter 4 ? Take Me Away

Thanks so much to everyone for your feedback. And I'm glad you guys like Remy. This is a short chapter, but it fills in Obi's background a bit?but I won't tell you now, you'll have to read on to find out. Oh, and sorry I'm stretching out this story a bit with one update a week and all, but I'm stalling while I'm trying to get the sequel started, which is proving rather difficult?
    And one last thing, if you guys want to stay on the PM list and you haven't already told me, let me know and I'll PM you next time round (cuz I don't wanna get in trouble [face_worried])
    Enjoy!

-----

Obi-Wan was dreaming. A new dream this time. Bits and pieces of action sequences flashed across his mind. Chaos prevailed throughout. There was lots of running. Lots of yelling. Sticks of yellow and blue light arcing through the air. He saw himself entering his father's shop and taking an item off the shelf. He saw a flash of light. He saw Laini lying on the ground. Not moving.
    It was the last image that shocked Obi-Wan out of his dream. He sat bolt upright and gasped for breath.
    Immediately Obi-Wan was surrounded by people. He looked around, trying to place who they were. They looked vaguely familiar, but he was sure that he'd never met them. It was only then that he felt the stiffness in his body, and the lingering pain from the previous day's events. He remembered where the pain came from, and the events came back to him in a rush. His eyes rested on the one person who was vaguely familiar to him, the black-haired, blue-eyed youth who'd rescued him. He also thought that the tall, golden-skinned woman looked familiar, but he was sure that he hadn't met her before.
    "What's going on?" Obi-Wan asked tentatively.
    "You are in hospital." A man, who Obi-Wan guessed was the doctor, answered.
    "Why?" Obi-Wan asked, still confused.
    "Do you remember what happened?" the black-haired youth asked.
    "Some." Obi-Wan replied after a moment's thought.
    "You had some bad injuries from the fight, so we brought you here so you could get treated." He explained.
    "Oh." Obi-Wan said. "I don't remember your name."
    The youth smiled. "My name's Remy." He said, then indicated to Tahl. "And this is my Master, Tahl."
    Obi-Wan managed a weak smile. "Hi." He said. "Thanks for bringing me here. I think I have to go now, my father wants me to work. I have to finish cleaning. He'll be mad that I left." Obi-Wan pushed the sheets of the hospital bed back and tried to get out, but he was restrained by the firm hand of the doctor.
    "Stay there, I'm not finished with you yet." Dr. Peri said. "I still have to heal your bones."
    The doctor gently reached for Obi-Wan's arm, and attached the bone knitter to his right forearm. X-rays had shown that the bone was fractured, along with three ribs. There was already a knitter attached around Obi-Wan's midsection, and it was almost ready to come off.
    "You'll be here for a couple more hours, at least." The doctor said. "Is there some way that we can contact your family to let them know what's happening?"
    Obi-Wan hesitated for a second, before giving them the frequency for the comm unit in their house. The doctor wrote it down and went off to make the call.
    "Where's Laini?" Obi-Wan asked, the image from the dream still fresh in his mind.
    "She was treated after you were put in the bacta tank." Tahl informed the boy. "I had Remy take her home, so her grandmother wouldn't worry. She didn't want to leave you."
    "Good." Obi-Wan said, relieved that the dream wasn't true. "I dreamed about her. It wasn't good." Then he remembered his recurring dream and he knew why Remy and Tahl had looked familiar. "And you were in my dream too!" he exclaimed. "The one I always have. Both of you. And a big building. And a funny-looking green creature."
    Tahl and Remy exchanged glances. This had just got a lot more interesting.

-----

After the dream revelation, Tahl and Remy had requested a private room where they could have a conversation with the Jedi Council. Both Jedi strongly felt th

6. jennytheohsoshyone

jennytheohsoshyone Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2005
    I like it so far, very good.=D= [face_pumpkin] [face_skull]

7. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    So his parents had him tested and then refused to let him go to the temple? I wonder what their modivation for that was?

Very interesting...

Great update,

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. TheLurker

Aug 4, 2005
    KELIA: I don't think I explained it very well in the story, but Kovi's motivation for not wanting Obi to join is that he hates the Jedi, because they're Force users, and in his eyes, he thinks that they think that they're better than everyone else, because they've got all that talent and training that's different from regular people. But he doesn't understand the real reason why they're Jedi, he just has a very prejudiced view of them.
    They had Obi tested, because they wanted to know if he had the gift of the Force, but they didn't want him to think that he was special, so that's why they treat him so bad.
    Anyway, I hope that clears things up.

~Rhi

9. JOINME

Jul 25, 2005

Ah, I really dislike Obi-Wan's parents even more than I did before. They don't recognise his Force ability as a talent, but as a possible reason for him to act superior. So to squash any superiority that might develop, they treat him badly. :mad:

Anyway, wonderful update! =D=

I really enjoyed this. I am really liking Remy, and Laini's questions were adorable.

If I was Obi, I would not want to go home either. Surely he doesn't have to? Especially since he's being abused?

Can't wait for more! [face_dancing]

10. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I don't like Obi's parents either! :mad: Why did they want Obi tested in the first place if they weren't going to let the Jedi have him? It's like they were just looking for an excuse to be mean to him. :mad: Aagh, I hope he doesn't have to go back to them! Poor Obi! :( Laini is cute, I hope Obi's dream of her getting hurt doesn't come true! And I hope that opportunity Yoda foresaw to save Obi comes soon! [face_praying]

Great update! :D Thanks for the PM, and yes, please keep me on the list too! I can't wait for more! [face_love]

11. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    I agree with everyone, I really, really do not like Obi's parents :mad: They're so mean to him! :_| Poor guy...but Remy is really lovely [face_love] Great character there!!! Awesome update =D= =D= This story is really great :D :D Please do more soon!! :D And thanks for the PM ;)

12. PadawanKaterina

Sep 1, 2005
    funny-looking green creature

Yep, we know who that is! [face_laugh]

"Well, that was weird."

I'd have to agree. Wazup with the parents? :confused:

"I don't want to go back there."

Ominous... [face_skull]

Sorry I didn't see this forever. Our internet broke. :(

13. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    I have missed this story til now...:oops:
    We must install a fanfic holonet to inform us of good stories...[face_idea]

This is excellent!
    I love the characters! Sarini, what a wonderful person!
    I like seeing how Obi Wan develops his personality- waking at dawn, ignoring his father to follow his feelings, selflessly helping his friend, even having his "bad feelings" :)

I have a bad feeling about Obi's parents :mad:
    : rings doorbell, activates blue saber at door to Kovi's shop : (who's with me?)

Hope Yoda's foresight of a kinder future for Obi is right...
    don't let him go back home...

GREAT WORK!

PUT ME ON PM LIST PLEASE don't want to miss anything

14. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

They wanted him tested so they could be cruel to him.

I hate them already.
    How can they be cruels so sweet lovable Obi.

Good Story Post soon[face_dancing]

15. TheLurker

Aug 4, 2005
    Hey everyone, reviewers and lurkers alike!

JOINME - I don't want Obi to go home either...:(

Bastet - Your ponderings will all be answered in due time...[face_thinking]

lost_jedii - I'm glad you like Remy, I really like him too. I wish he was real...:p

PadawanKaterina - Yes...ominous...[face_skull]

TRADMIC - Welcome to my story! I'm glad you're enjoying it. Haha, I'm with you, we'll give Kovi what's coming to him...:mad:

Gkilkenny - Unfortunately, yes, that was their motivation for testing him. I can't believe I created characters that are so cruel...[face_worried]

Next post will be up very, very soon, I'm just putting the final touches on it!

~Rhi

16. TheLurker

Aug 4, 2005
    One Day Remains
    By Rhi
    Chapter 5 ? Crimson Regret

This chapter has a heap of angst in it, but it ends rather abruptly, which annoyed me :mad:, but hopefully it flows well for the most part.
    Enjoy!

-----

No one knew what to say.
    No one had to say anything, because at that moment, Obi-Wan heard his name being called, angrily. He cringed noticeably, his eyes closing tightly, before his face smoothed over, silently accepting his fate.
    Obi-Wan turned around slowly, facing his father, who was striding angrily towards the group.
    "Where have you been, boy? And don't give me that bantha-poo story that you were at the hospital!" Kovi growled.
    "But he was!" Laini exclaimed, trying to stand up for Obi-Wan. "He saved me from Tion and the bullies and they beat him up-"
    "Silence!" Kovi demanded, fixing the young girl with a nasty glare. "Do not lie to me. The boy is a coward, and would not do that."
    Appalled with the way that Kovi was treating his son, Remy spoke up. "Sir, your son is not a coward, he is a very brave and selfless boy."
    Kovi turned his mocking glare to Remy. "And who are you?"
    "My name is Remy, I'm a Jedi apprentice-" Remy was cut off rudely by Kovi.
    "Jedi?" Kovi said, and spat on the ground. "That's what I think of Jedi. You so-called peacekeepers who run around everywhere waving weapons around. You think you're so much better than the rest of the universe with your special Force. As far as I'm concerned-"
    It was at that moment that the chaos began.
    A four-armed humanoid man that Tahl and Remy both recognised as Ris Threm from the mug shots that they'd been given, dashed down the road towards them, followed by half a dozen CorSec personnel.
    The two Jedi leapt into action, both drawing their lightsabers and activating them, showing Threm that they meant business.
    Threm stopped and dodged to the side, where he took shelter behind a thick tree trunk. From his defensive position, he fired from all four blasters on the CorSec personnel and also at the Jedi, who deflected the blaster bolts harmlessly into the air.
    Obi-Wan saw the scene as if it were in slow motion. The CorSec commander yelled for his men to find cover, and they scattered under the heavy fire that Threm was sending their way. The Jedi worked hard to deflect all the fire, protecting the bystanders from injury, their lightsabers shining yellow and blue arced through the air gracefully, performing a mesmerising aerial dance.
    "Just like my dream." Obi-Wan said slowly, knowing exactly what he had to do next, partly through the dream and partly through his instinct, which was currently screaming at him.
    "What dream?" Laini asked.
    "The dream I had when I was in hospital. Follow me, I know exactly what to do." Obi-Wan said, pulling Laini towards his house.
    Obi-Wan dashed into his father's shop, Laini following closely behind him. He went straight to the items he required, and picked two of them off the shelf, ignoring Laini's questioning look.
    "Trust me, I know what I'm doing." Obi-Wan assured her.
    Laini nodded. "I trust you. I'm with you the whole way."
    The two five-year-olds, weighed down with the heavy task that had been set upon them, raced around the back of the houses, cutting through people's gardens, until they got to the huge tree that all the neighbourhood children climbed. The tree was deserted at the moment due to all the chaos, and Obi-Wan and Laini had a good view of the fighting that was happening. They had managed to work their way around the perimeter of the combat, and were now right behind the tree where Threm had taken cover. He had either not noticed them, or he did not think that two children posed much threat to him.
    Obi-Wan slung the strap of the illegal MX1-5 TranqShot over his shoulder and swung himself into the tree, climbing up a few branches until he found himself at a suitable spot. He pulled the TranqShot cartridge out of his pocket. The small dart was filled with a very potent, very illegal muscle paralyser. Side effects of the drug were nasty, but the weapon was a popular choice among

17. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh no! I hope Laini is going to be okay! [face_worried] And poor Obi, he'll never forgive himself if she isn't! :(

I loved that Obi was the one who brought that Threm guy down, help from unexpected places indeed. [face_love]

And somebody needs to beat Kovi up. :mad:

Great update, Lurker! More soon! [face_batting]

18. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    He cringed noticeably, his eyes closing tightly, before his face smoothed over, silently accepting his fate.

So disturbing. I would have been tempted to take Obi Wan back to the Temple, telling him Kovi had a little "accident" [face_beatup]
    Rhi, you see what your story is doing to me...[face_devil]

He had either not noticed them, or he did not think that two children posed much threat to him.

Threm, you big dummy, never turn your back to kids...

At that moment, a red blaster bolt sailed over his head and hit Laini directly in the middle of her chest. :eek:
    The happy expression on her face soon changed to a shocked one, her eyes wide and full of pain

Oh, I hope she will be ok

Keep me posted
    Great work!
    =D= =D= =D=

19. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Excellent update!

I loved how Obi-wan just jumped right into action and wasn't the slightest bit concerned about his father's reaction.

But poor Lani! Hopefully she will recover

=D= =D= =D= =D=

20. PadawanKaterina

Sep 1, 2005
    Obi-Wan heard his name being called, angrily. He cringed noticeably, his eyes closing tightly, before his face smoothed over, silently accepting his fate.

Jedi discipline even without being a Jedi.

"But I saw it in my dream. It happened exactly like my dream. How could I forget?" Obi-Wan asked Remy, his pain-filled blue eyes staring up at the Jedi.

Oh, I just wanna hug little Obi. :( [face_love]

More soon, please! I'm loving this!

21. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    "But I saw it in my dream. It happened exactly like my dream. How could I forget?" Obi-Wan asked Remy, his pain-filled blue eyes staring up at the Jedi.

:_| :_| Noooo!!! I hope Laini is going to be okay!!! And poor Obi, he'd hate himself forever if anything happens to her :_|

Remy knelt down so that he was on the same level as Obi-Wan. "There are some things in life that happen for a reason. No one knows why they happen, but they just do. You have to learn from these experiences and keep them in your heart. Don't let it rule how you act, but let it be there to serve as a reminder." Remy said gently.
    Obi-Wan nodded solemnly. "I will try."

*sigh* I really do love Remy [face_love] [face_love] He's one of my favorite OC's on here, I do wish he was real too :p His words are so kind and true, he's a great mentor and friend to poor distressed Obi :(

And I must add, Kovi must fall off of a very, very steep cliff [face_devil] *laughs evilly*

Great update!! =D= =D= It was so good (some parts so sad!). PLEASE update again soon. I mean, pretty please? :D :D And, thank you for the PM :)

22. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Really enjoying this.:D
    Just recently discovered fan fic, but I am really enjoying it.:)
    Hope little Obi gets out of that house.[face_praying]

23. JOINME

Jul 25, 2005

Good on Obi for averting the crisis, but oh no! :eek: Laini!

Hope she will be OK... [face_praying]

and that Kovi, arghhh... Obi better be taken away, and then he'll know what he lost.
    :mad:

Can't wait for more! [:D]

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    :_| I missed some! Oh no!

Luckily, I found it again! Lovely work! =D=

25. TheLurker

Aug 4, 2005
    Hey guys, thanks for the wonderful feedback. Next update will be on Sunday as usual, and I'm afraid there's only two chapters left of this story...:_| It's kinda sad cause I'm really enjoying this story.
    BUT don't fear, I'm writing a sequel, which I've only just got some inspiration for...(it so happened to be when I was at work last night, which so happens to be where I do most of my writing :p I just hope my boss doesn't find out [face_whistling]) I wrote this really funny scene with Obi and friends 'borrowing' a speeder and taking it for a spin around Coruscant...you can probably guess what will happen...:p
    Anyway, enough about the sequel, I don't want to spoil it for you already...just give you a taste of what will be happening...:D

Bastet - I would love to beat Kovi up, but unfortunately he's an imaginary character and I think that beating him up would involve beating my head, which I don't find too desirable...:oops:

TRADMIC - Heh heh, I'm very glad my story is doing that to you...[face_devil] and yes, I would've been tempted to do the 'accident' story, but it's not the Jedi way...:p damn rules.

KELIA - Why, thank you...:D

PadawanKaterina - I know, I just wanna hug the little guy too...he's so gorgeous. [face_love]

lost_jedii - Yeah, Remy's awesome [face_love]. He's kinda me making up for creating such an evil character in Kovi. And I'm very glad that he's one of your favourite OCs. I'm trying very hard to write him into the sequel. And yes, I agree about the cliff. It should be a very tall, very steep cliff. [face_devil]

hyperspace_police - Welcome to fanfiction, the place where imaginations run wild, and insanity follows straight after. :p Nah, jokes, but fanfiction is a wonderful thing, and it's truely amazing some of the stuff that people come up with.

JOINME - Yeah, I hope Laini's ok too...oh wait, I know what's happened already...:p you'll find out on Sunday [face_devil].

VaderLVR64 - I'm very glad you found it again. :D Welcome back.

Well that's all for now...see you guys on Sunday with chapter 6 :D

~Rhi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.