main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends * One Hundred Words * [JoE?s Drabbles] ? [Now complete!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedi_of_ennth, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    Wow, I loved Week Two. Amazing.

He died 10 years ago.
    But part of her is still the broken green-eyed little girl.

:_| That was absolutely perfect in showing Tahiri's heartbreak! :_| Depressing but absolutely fantastic!

Haven't played KOTOR, but I loved Week three all the same!

The worlds are waiting for us, Revan. When I find you, weâ??re going to take back everything weâ??ve done, all the wrongs weâ??ve committed â??
    And weâ??re going to make those skies shine blue.

=D==D= Wow. That's just great phrasing. I love it. Poignant, concise, and great tie-in to the color and the first drabble (red).

Great job so far!

Aniakera

(My gosh drabbles are addicting to read! [face_laugh])

2. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    My dear J_O_E, you already know it's fabulous or your little self-depricating, perfectionist soul would have never allowed you to post it, but I'm going to tell you anyway. All three installments are fabulous!

I am thrilled to pieces that you're writing a fic that is somewhat ongoing (we're going to get to hear from you at least once a week-yay!) and am even more thrilled that it was hanging around the first page today because it made the perfect welcome back to the boards and to the states.

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Wonderful!! I am not familiar with the KOTOR, but you have brought them alive with your drabbles.

Very well done! =D=

4. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Amazing drabbles. I?ve read these earlier and I?m sorry for taking so long to reply.

Week 1

I love the description of Jaina and Zekk?s relationship. It?s really cool to see how their relationship progressed from an innocent friendship to joining the Taat nest. Great job!

Week 2

The raw emotion you portrayed was amazing. I loved the amount of details you used to describe her physical state as well as her mental one. These are the best yet!

Week 3

I?m not so familiar with KOTOR, but these were wonderful. I loved you incorporated the colors in describing the war. Great job!

5. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    great 'color' drabbles...sad and in places a little chilling...I enjoyed white especially.

Well done =D=

6. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Beautifully written. I have been trying to learn more about the events you are describing but I'm afraid I still don't understand what it means to be a joiner or a shadow. I guess I have some catch up to do.

7. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    jedi_of_ennth

I know very little about KOTOR2, but you did such a great job with this character that now I want to fix this apparent error.

Even after taking the blame for saving the galaxy, I think I did the right thing.
    I love this line.

'night
    JaYna

8. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I?m finally updating! Took me long enough. :p

-----

SilSolo:

I never played the games because my mom would never let me, but I like this Revan guy.

Yeah, Revan?s pretty cool. :)

-----

oqidaun:

I had to do some catching up with your other drabbles and I'm so glad I did.
    Beautiful work! You're really telling some "big" stories in a little bit of space.
    Nice job!!!!

Thank you! [face_blush]

The format of the recordings was quite creative for the last set.

Thanks! I wanted to do something completely different from my first two sets. I?m glad it seems to have worked. :)

-----

brodiew:

Excellent set of drabbles here, JOE. I'm learning more and more about KOTOR as I go along. These were very insightful regarding Exile.

Thanks!

Exiles Grey comments on the uselessness of Jedi teaching on the battlefield raise an interesting question. Can a man stay true to himself in battle? Does combat galvanize a man or neutralize him? Excellent piece.

I think that?s a question all Jedi ask themselves, and it?s one that fascinates me.

Here in blue, Exile knows his duty and his heart. I can feel the passion and desire in his heart to make the wrongs right!

I realize that the Exile can be either gender, but it?s strange to hear you using ?his? and ?he? to describe a character I heard as female in my head. :p Of course, that?s the beauty of the KotOR games. ;)

-----

Aniakera:

That was absolutely perfect in showing Tahiri's heartbreak! Depressing but absolutely fantastic!

Thank you! :D

Haven't played KOTOR, but I loved Week three all the same!

Glad to hear it ? and thanks for reading, despite your unfamiliarity with the characters. I appreciate it. :)

Wow. That's just great phrasing. I love it. Poignant, concise, and great tie-in to the color and the first drabble (red).
    Great job so far!

[face_blush] Thanks again.

(My gosh drabbles are addicting to read!)

I know! Of course, I?ve got a lot of catching up to do in that regard. 8-}

-----

emeraldshadow:

Marie! [:D] So nice to see you in my little drabble thread! :D

I am thrilled to pieces that you're writing a fic that is somewhat ongoing (we're going to get to hear from you at least once a week-yay!)

If I can stop procrastinating and keep up with the weekly themes. [face_whistling]

-----

Jade_Pilot:

Thanks for reading! :D

-----

WynssaStarflare:

Amazing drabbles. I?ve read these earlier and I?m sorry for taking so long to reply.

Hey, no problem. I?m a lurker and a procrastinator, so I?m guilty of doing the same thing. ;) Thanks for taking the time to leave comments! :)

-----

Kestrel_Kenobi:

great 'color' drabbles...sad and in places a little chilling...I enjoyed white especially.
    Well done

Thanks! :D

-----

Araxie:

Beautifully written. I have been trying to learn more about the events you are describing but I'm afraid I still don't understand what it means to be a joiner or a shadow. I guess I have some catch up to do.

Thanks for reading! And I know what you mean about ?catching up? ? there?s just so much EU material out there! 8-}

-----

jaynasolofel:

I know very little about KOTOR2, but you did such a great job with this character that now I want to fix this apparent error.

It?s a good error to fix. I?m addicted to that game. ;) Thanks for reading! :)

[i]Week 4 focuses on Jaina and Zekk during the Dark Nest trilogy. Yay for Joiner love! [face_tongue][/i]

-----
    [b]FRIENDS[/b]
    -----

The day is dark without the nest.

[i]What are we?[/i] she whispers in his head.

His answer is a soothing flow of memories and impressions ?

[i]They are sitting on the roof of the Imperial Palace, watchin

9. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    :eek: How dare you read my mind like that! I was going to do Joiner J/Z for week four. Oh well, I can come up with something else.

Maybe I?ll write about the strike team from SBS.:p

?Technically, I?m not out past curfew,? she reasons. ?I?m home, right??

He grins. ?From a certain point of view.?

This was really cute -I love the way you write young J/Z- but the rest was pretty sad. Of course, there isn?t that much more you can do with the joiners. All in all I liked it. It was the same beautifully written, high quality stuff as always.

Oh and?First reply!:cool: :p

10. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    Wow, I really liked your interpretation of Week Four. I especially liked the tie in of Friends and Enemies, and then how you wrapped it up with Strangers. That piece give it a kind of a melancholy, unfulfilling ending, really summing up the theme of the drabbles. Great job! =D=

One thing I love about drabbles is so far I've read two of the Week 4's and they have been so radically different in the approach, subject, and everything. These are so great as a way of testing an author's creativity, I love reading to see what everyone will come up with.

(One reply down! I'm trying to read as many of these things as I can. The problem with drabbles is that there are so MANY of them now! [face_laugh] You can't even HOPE to reply to all of them, because everyone has like 4 or 5 by now [well, not me :p] and that's a lot of reading!)

Aniakera

11. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Very interesting to see the thoughts in their heads.

12. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Wow four awesome J/Z Joiner drabbles in a row! Very good! I like 'em all.

13. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Wonderfully written, JoE!!!

Week 1: I'm not much of a J/Z fan, but I very much liked those drabbles!

Week 2: Wow, you made me cry!! I loved how you started each drabble with the unifying sentence. Great job on these! Wonderfully sad.

Week 3: Very cool! I am almost done with ROTS so it was neat to see this, especially since my Revan is female as well, heehee.

Week 4: Awesome job! You captured their melding perfectly!

Bravo! =D=

14. Jenth_Zere

Jenth_Zere Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Awww, these are all so sad. I think you need to do a happy one next week!
    j/k, You do the angst extremely well. Excellent job. I especially like the A/T one. Deliciously horrible.:D

15. Darth-Dirty-Sock

Darth-Dirty-Sock Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2006
    All of these are just great, but I especially like Weeks. =D=

16. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    Okay, I?m so far behind it?s not even funny. But here?s an extremely belated Week 5. [face_blush]

-----

Marie:

How dare you read my mind like that! I was going to do Joiner J/Z for week four.

Get out of my head, Marie! :p

Maybe I?ll write about the strike team from SBS.

That?d be interesting. ;)

This was really cute -I love the way you write young J/Z- but the rest was pretty sad. Of course, there isn?t that much more you can do with the joiners. All in all I liked it. It was the same beautifully written, high quality stuff as always.

Thanks! [:D]

Oh and?First reply!

Here?s a shiny ribbon for your accomplishment! :p

-----

Aniakera:

Wow, I really liked your interpretation of Week Four. I especially liked the tie in of Friends and Enemies, and then how you wrapped it up with Strangers. That piece give it a kind of a melancholy, unfulfilling ending, really summing up the theme of the drabbles. Great job!

Thanks! :D

(One reply down! I'm trying to read as many of these things as I can. The problem with drabbles is that there are so MANY of them now! You can't even HOPE to reply to all of them, because everyone has like 4 or 5 by now [well, not me ] and that's a lot of reading!)

I know what you mean! [face_laugh] I?m so far behind right now I?m not sure I?ll be able to catch up. 8-} Thanks for taking the time to read my drabbles! :)

-----

Araxie:

Very interesting to see the thoughts in their heads.

Glad you think so. :D

-----

SilSolo:

Wow four awesome J/Z Joiner drabbles in a row! Very good! I like 'em all.

Thanks! :)

-----

Durhelediel:

Week 1: I'm not much of a J/Z fan, but I very much liked those drabbles!

Thank you. I?m glad you enjoyed them, no matter what your ?shipping preferences. ;)

Week 2: Wow, you made me cry!! I loved how you started each drabble with the unifying sentence. Great job on these! Wonderfully sad.

[face_blush] Thank you. I swear I?ll do something happy one of these days. :p

Week 3: Very cool! I am almost done with ROTS so it was neat to see this, especially since my Revan is female as well, heehee.

Fem!Revan all the way. ;)

Week 4: Awesome job! You captured their melding perfectly!

Thanks again! :D

-----

Jenth_Zere:

Awww, these are all so sad. I think you need to do a happy one next week!
    j/k, You do the angst extremely well. Excellent job. I especially like the A/T one. Deliciously horrible.

What a lovely compliment. :D ;) I really should try my hand at some humorous drabbles. :p

-----

Darth-Dirty-Sock:

All of these are just great, but I especially like Weeks.

:D Thanks for reviewing!

[i]Week 5 focuses on Visas Marr and the Exile from KotOR2. For the purposes of these drabbles, the Exile is male. [face_happy][/i]

-----
    [b]SMELL[/b]
    -----

We wander out past the settlement, to a place where I can feel the spirits of the world singing in the wind.

?It is ? peaceful here,? I murmur. So unlike my world, where the spirits mourn and clothe the air in ash.

He takes my hand and presses something into it ? a flower, I realize after a moment. I cannot see it, and wonder why he has given it to me.

?Smell it,? he encourages.

It smells of meditation, of perfection.

?The universe is beautiful, even to one who cannot see it,? he whispers, and I know he is smiling.

-----
    [b]SOUND[/b]
    -----

His voice is never harsh when he teaches me the ways of the Jedi; even when I fall back on my Sith training, his reprimands are gentle. His words are always strong, said with conviction, with clarity. I believe him when he speaks.

And now I know how one man can lead thousands and determine the fate of the galaxy, how one voice can penetrate the darkn

17. jaynasolofel

Jul 26, 2003
    jedi_of_ennth,

Week 4: I am so glad Jaina had Zekk there, the nest messed her head so much! I liked Jaina's rationalization for breaking curfew in Friends. And Strangers was my favorite in this set.

Week 5: FavLine: I take his hands in mine, read the thousand tales written in calluses on his palms. [face_love] Sight is my fav here - seeing yet not seeing- awesome.

'night
    jaYna

18. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    And now for Week 6! :D

-----

jaynasolofel:

I am so glad Jaina had Zekk there, the nest messed her head so much! I liked Jaina's rationalization for breaking curfew in Friends. And Strangers was my favorite in this set.

Glad you liked Jaina in ?Friends.? I love writing young, troublemaker Jaina. :p

Sight is my fav here - seeing yet not seeing- awesome.

Thanks! And thanks for reading and reviewing. :D

[i]Week 6 focuses on Raynar and Lusa. [face_happy][/i]

-----
    [b]WATER[/b]
    -----

She was beautiful and alien, attractive and intriguing in a way that confused him. He had never felt so drawn to anyone before, and yet she was wary of him simply because of his species.

?I was taught that humans are evil, that they are oppressors to be hated. It?s hard to overcome indoctrination,? she said softly, apologetically, as she splashed in the pool at the base of the waterfall.

?I ? I guess I understand,? he said, but he didn?t, not really. He resolved to worry about that later, though; for now, they were simply two friends sharing a waterfall.

-----
    [b]FIRE[/b]
    -----

His forehead stung as she applied a bacta patch to the burns he had obtained in the Bright Lands of Ryloth.

?You really should be more careful,? she chided. ?Didn?t your parents teach you not to play with fire??

He grinned, glad to be with her again. The grin turned to a grimace when she applied another patch, but he was pleased that she could finally be near him without feeling uncomfortable.

?I knew you?d come for me,? he teased.

When she answered, there was an unexpectedly tender note in her voice that startled them both. ?How could I not??

-----
    [b]EARTH[/b]
    -----

The water was cool on the night of their graduation from the praxeum, and they waded out to the waterfall, hand in hand. He tried to make a thousand memories of the moment, savoring the sight of the stars above their heads. She smelled of earth ? rich, heady, full of warmth and life. There were flowers woven into her auburn curls, and she seemed to him a vision of beauty, a mythical goddess from the long-forgotten past.

?Where do we go from here?? she asked softly.

?I don?t know,? he said. ?But wherever we go, we?ll go together.?

She smiled.

-----
    [b]AIR[/b]
    -----

?She did not survive.?

Those words, spoken softly and accompanied by the gentle touch of an alien hand on his shoulder, killed him. He couldn?t breathe, couldn?t think, couldn?t believe. He gasped for air, but the universe was suddenly too small and his lungs too large. He had seen her only two weeks ago, as she prepared to return home to her family.

?I?ll be safe there,? she had promised, as he tangled his hands in her flowing hair. ?Try not to worry so much.?

He hated himself for letting her leave ? he should have followed her to the grave.

-----
    [b]SPIRIT[/b]
    -----

She never left him.

She was there as the [i]Tachyon Flier[/i] collapsed around him ? her spirit burned under his skin just as surely as the flames burned his body. She murmured in his ear as the Killiks remade him, encouraged him to keep breathing, keep living.

Even the million voices of the Colony could not drown her whisper out; she sang him to sleep every night. And when he lost himself, when the pain and the horror of his situation drove him to madness, still she remained: an angel in his abyss, a siren calling him on ?

Luring him home.
    [hr]

Feedback is, as always, appreciated. [face_happy]

19. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Oh, wow. Just oh, wow. I just read all of these over from the beginning, and that's all I have to say--these are brilliant, really. I especially liked Jaina/Zekk (in all incarnations) and Visas/Exile. Great job.

20. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    So, I should have been reading these, but I'm a loser, and to make me ever more of a loser, I don't have time to read them all at the moment, but, hey, you knew R/L was gonna get me in here! :p

Loved it! I thought you did a fabulous job going from the tentitive begining to the awww so cue middle to the depressing end! Great job! Loved it! :)

21. jaynasolofel

Jul 26, 2003
    jedi_of_ennth,

Week Six: OOooo, I just read YJK a couple months ago... I really liked the relationship you describe, as well as Raynar's growing dependance on his friend. Both their fates are so sad. Spirit was may favorite this week - great work tying Lusa in with DNT Raynar.

'night
    jaYna

22. Jenth_Zere

Jenth_Zere Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    an angel in his abyss, a siren calling him on

I like the description there. It's beautiful. Great job!

23. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    Okay, so here?s Week 7. :)

-----

SakuraTsukikage:

Oh, wow. Just oh, wow. I just read all of these over from the beginning, and that's all I have to say--these are brilliant, really. I especially liked Jaina/Zekk (in all incarnations) and Visas/Exile. Great job.

Thank you so much! [face_blush] Glad to see you back around the boards again! [:D]

-----

Lusa_Thul:

So, I should have been reading these, but I'm a loser, and to make me ever more of a loser, I don't have time to read them all at the moment, but, hey, you knew R/L was gonna get me in here!

Yeah, I thought it might. ;) And don?t worry about reading all of them; if a certain theme catches your interest, read it and don?t worry about the rest. ;)

Loved it! I thought you did a fabulous job going from the tentitive begining to the awww so cue middle to the depressing end! Great job! Loved it!

Glad to have your stamp of approval, O Goddess of R/L. :D

-----

jaynasolofel:

Week Six: OOooo, I just read YJK a couple months ago... I really liked the relationship you describe, as well as Raynar's growing dependance on his friend. Both their fates are so sad. Spirit was may favorite this week - great work tying Lusa in with DNT Raynar.

Thanks for stopping by! :) I?m glad you liked ?Spirit?; it was the first of these five that I wrote, and I think it?s my favorite, as well. :)

-----

Jenth_Zere:

Thanks for reading! [:D]

[i]Week 7 focuses on Raynar?s mother, Aryn Dro Thul. [face_happy][/i]

-----
    [b]BREAKFAST[/b]
    -----

Aryn Dro knelt under a tree in the middle of the campus courtyard, datapads spread before her on the well-kept lawn. Her long blue dress draped softly over her legs, rustling in the cool morning breeze. She held a breakfast pastry in one hand, absentmindedly finishing it off as she studied for the day?s classes.

It had become a habit for her to spend her mornings here, alone with the gentle spirits of Alderaan and her books. Nothing could calm her so well as the sunrise over the meandering spires of Aldera University; here, life was nothing short of beautiful.

-----
    [b]LUNCH[/b]
    -----

?Luke Skywalker was here,? Aryn said bluntly. She was never one to shy away from the subject. ?He says the initial tests were correct. Raynar is Force sensitive.?

Bornan nodded silently and took another bite of thakitillo. Suddenly lunch didn?t seem quite so urgent. ?I suppose Skywalker wants us to send Raynar to his academy.?

?He does.? Aryn?s eyes turned sad.

?What are the tuition rates?? Bornan asked, stalling for time to think.

?Tuition isn?t an issue,? Aryn said, fixing him with a pointed stare. ?The life of a Jedi is sacrifice. Is this what we want for our son??

-----
    [b]DINNER[/b]
    -----

The server droids delivered dinner to Aryn?s suite at precisely the same time every evening; this evening, Aryn couldn?t bring herself to eat. In the months since Bornan?s disappearance, her strength had been tested in ways she never thought possible ? and now that she had received news of his death, that strength had fled.

Numbly, she crossed the dining area and made her way to the spacious alcove in which she kept a miniature Alderaanian fountain. The bubbling crystal waters drowned out her sobs and reminded her of all she had lost ? first her planet, and now her beloved husband.

-----
    [b]FOOD[/b]
    -----

Thakitillo was Aryn?s favorite food, and had been since her husband passed away; it had been a favorite of Bornan?s, and she thought of him every time she ate it.

She was enjoying the delicacy one evening in her private quarters on the [i]Tradewyn[/i], letting her mind wander, when the communication console chirped and a cheery droid voice informed her that she had an incoming call from Luke Skywalker. Puzzled, Aryn accepted the call, and the words Master Skywalker spoke caused her to lose her appetite.

?Madame Thul, I regret to inform you that your so

24. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Oh, my goodness. I love Aryn, and she's so overlooked! Not only that, but you did an incredible job on these! I especially loved Breakfast (reminds me of myself, as I'm at college right now, and I've had just that experience here a couple of times), and Drink was just . . . ouch.

25. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    I loved the A/T drabbles!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.