main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph One Man Can Make a Difference: Knight Rider

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Sep 28, 2007.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The A-Team van jumped stuff a lot- I even remember one wher ethey jumped a gap/ravine/whatever, and you can clearly see a front tire go flying from the impact of the landing- yet the next shot it's perfectly ok, ha.

2. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    Has this P.O.S. been canceled yet?

D_M_S_L

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There has only been the one movie so far, as a pilot for apotential series. But it apparently did well in the ratings, so it's looking very good and likely that it'll become a series.

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I hope it becomes a series. I liked it and would hardly call it a POS.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    So it's a POS because it's not a Trans Am? Man, it's like the Star Wars prequels all over again.

No, in fact, it's about to become a regular series. Why don't you watch it before judging it.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, at least complain about something valid... like the stupid placement of the scanner light ;)

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I just watched the replay. I have to say I liked it enough that I would give a series a chance. The editing during the chases sucked, the acting was sort of average(Hoff had the best scene, lines, and delivery), and yes they did "advertise" the car quite a bit, but I'm glad since I love the look of the car. If it goes to series I hope Val kilmer goes away as he sounded more like a narrator rather than a part of the car.

Not bad overall but it could certainly use some improvement.

8. henchman24

henchman24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2008
    i haven't seen a full episode, but i saw an episode of "the soup" with Joel Mchale and they showed Hasselhoffs cameo and it was painful and awkward, and not awkward and good like bbc office =)

9. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    As with most re-vamps and bad sequels, or prequels for that matter, fans of the originals want so badly to like it that they create excuses for the crap and turn a blind eye to the flaws. I, myself am guilty at times of this, but not with this P.O.S.

just remember: It's ok if it sucks.

D_M_S_L

10. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    You haven't even watched the damn thing, so you cannot make a valid judgment on whether or not it sucks. I've watched it and I've watched "Knight Rider 2000" and I can safely say that this TV Movie/backdoor pilot is a lot better than the last one. All I see is the same crap that I've seen with the Star Wars prequels.

11. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    So by your standard, just because it doesn't suck as bad as Knight Rider 2000, that means it doesn't suck at all? And I did try to watch it but couldn't even get through the first half hour. The plot was so weak, my 5 yr old nephew could've come up with something better, if he'd actually seen the original. It was very reminiscent of the Bionic Woman remake, which has now been canceled, it was a good idea, I guess, but it just doesn't gel for me. I've said it before, BSG should be the model for how to successfully remake an old show.

I think it's also time for something new and perhaps a little different. That's just my opinion.

D_M_S_L

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    No, because I didn't think it sucked at all. That's the part that you don't get. Many of us don't think that this pilot sucked at all.

Newsflash, the original series was also very weak. Even the creator said the show was full of crap. Besides, this series isn't a remake. It's a continuation of the original. Michael Knight is still around, the original KITT was dismantled, FLAG is restarted after all these years, etc. It's the long awaited fifth season, if you will. If you've watched it and didn't like it, that's cool. But if you didn't watch it at all, then there's no reason to complain until you've done it.

13. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    "Newsflash, the original series was also very weak. Even the creator said the show was full of crap."

This only serves to reinforce my point. Why waste all the time an money to re-make or continue something that was not that great to begin with.

I have no problem with you or anyone else getting enjoyment out of the series, I just think we'd all benefit from something new. And maybe if "Hollywood" would figure this out, they'd find that box office sales would increase and we wouldn't have so much of the same crap floating around in the system.

D_M_S_L

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Just because it's a silly show, doesn't mean it;s not fun to watch, though. A lot of people have been wanting to see a continuation/update of the KR concept for a very long time- is it so wrong to give people what they want?

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    This "Knight Rider" series is in the same vein as "Star Trek" to "Star Trek: The Next Generation". A continuation of old ideas into new ones. The reason "Knight Rider" returned has to do with the fact that while the original series was full of crap, it was crap that had good ratings for nearly three seasons, before it declined. Syndication ratings have been good over the years and DVD sales as well. Fan interest has been there, which is why we had "Knight Rider 2000" and "Team Knight Rider" during the 90's. And for a number of years, this was being proposed as a feature film or at least a TV movie. It wasn't until recently that the rights issues were settled and the desire to go forward that this series was brought back as a back door pilot. The ratings have proven that there are legs for "Knight Rider" and that is why NBC is considering a fall launch. Much like "Battlestar Galactica", which had an even shorter life span than "Knight Rider", was in development hell for a relaunch since at least the late 90's or possibly further back. Both in what would become its current incarnation and with Richard Hatch wanting to do a proper continuation of the original series, ignoring "Galactica 1980". You say why waste time with something that wasn't that great to begin with, well need I remind you that BSG was not that great to begin with. But studio execs thought otherwise and here we are.

Apparently according to DMSL, it's a federal crime. Or at least a sin.

16. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    Why don't you people read my friggin' post all the way through, before you decide to jump all over me.

I stated rather clearly that I had no problems with anyone being into the show and that my opinion of it was bleak, to say the least.

It never ceases to amaze me of the hypocrisy of these boards. You seriously need to get over it, and stop reacting like spoiled little kids when some one has an opinion that differs from your own. Welcome to the real world, if you don't like it, then talk to the peeps runnin' these boards and request that no one with opinions different from yours be allowed to post. If you don't like what I have to say, that's fine, but grow up a little. I don't believe I was being disrespectful to you, so do me the same courtesy. I might suggest learning to deal with other people's criticism of things you had no hand in creating... Like this show.

;)

D_M_S_L

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    No one is getting antsy. And pal, a lot of us have been here long enough to know how message boards are. No one said that you weren't allowed to have your opinion. We're just discussing. And what's more, there's what you said earlier which I take offense to.

This is what I and I believe 2ndQuest have been discussing with you about. This notion that we're just living in denial about how bad it is. That kind of **** just ****** me off to no end. It ticked me off with the Prequels discussion and it ticks me off now. It's one thing to disagree. I've no problem. It's another to claim, even if it was in a joking manner, to know our buisness about something. To claim we're in denial or whatever. That thing has gotten way past old.

18. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    "This is what I and I believe 2ndQuest have been discussing with you about. This notion that we're just living in denial about how bad it is. That kind of **** just ****** me off to no end. It ticked me off with the Prequels discussion and it ticks me off now. It's one thing to disagree. I've no problem. It's another to claim, even if it was in a joking manner, to know our buisness about something. To claim we're in denial or whatever. That thing has gotten way past old."

Look buddy, I never claimed to know what you or 2ndQuest were thinking, I pointed no fingers at anyone in particular, it was a general statement, one that many would back me up on, especially in light of the PT. That's not to say that I, myself am not "guilty" of doing this, as I believe I stated, but I'll repeat it since there are some here who refuse to thoroughly read post before freaking out and taking offense. But you must admit that it is true that people can often be willing to think something better than it is when they have been long-time fans. It happens and it doesn't reflect poorly on the individual.

Personally I could give two ****s about your "business or whatever". It's just not that important, but I do get real sick of this "my way of the highway" attitude on these boards. That is what has gotten old. I stopped posting on the CT and PT boards because people are way too sensitive and can't deal with criticism. Furthermore, I don't feel that any of us should have to walk on eggshells to prevent offending anyone. That doesn't mean people should go out of their way to **** people off, but they should be allowed to say what they want within reason.

And if you can't tell the difference between questioning/criticizing and telling you what you think, then you are lost.

Stop thinking everyone's out to get you or put words in your mouth. Let's just agree to disagree on certain subjects and move on. I think you're being just a tad too uptight, might be time to switch to decaf. ;)

D_M_S_L

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    There is no "my way or the highway" on this. But as I've said, there is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion. However to say But you must admit that it is true that people can often be willing to think something better than it is when they have been long-time fans. It happens and it doesn't reflect poorly on the individual. is where anyone can and has gotten people ticked off. That is assuming of any one person unless they turn around and say so after the fact. This is what gets my blood boiling. And yes, I did read your posts. That does not change the fact that there are those of us who enjoy what we watch, read or whatever. No matter if someone else thinks its crap. It's the way the world is.

20. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    "There is no "my way or the highway" on this. But as I've said, there is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion. However to say But you must admit that it is true that people can often be willing to think something better than it is when they have been long-time fans. It happens and it doesn't reflect poorly on the individual. is where anyone can and has gotten people ticked off. That is assuming of any one person unless they turn around and say so after the fact. This is what gets my blood boiling. And yes, I did read your posts. That does not change the fact that there are those of us who enjoy what we watch, read or whatever. No matter if someone else thinks its crap. It's the way the world is."

Well if the truth hurts, then I'm sorry. And if what I said gets your blood boiling then you must feel like one of those fans, because I did not refer to you personally.

I'm not here to try and change your mind, I'm simply here to state my views on certain issues and topics and unless I direct an insult at you personally, don't jump to conclusions. Obviously you have some very deep seeded issues regarding your loyalties to movies, TV shows, books, etc. However, this in not my problem or my business. I don't know you or your situation, I have no idea how old/young you are, so it's hard for me to make any concrete observations, but you should never let the opinions of the opposition sway your judgment. I respect that, I don't let those who don't like the things I like change my opinion, but I also don't take it so seriously or personally...

Let this be the end of it. I am not the bad guy here.

D_M_S_L

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    First, there is no truth here. There is your opinion and/or supposition on the matter. Don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise. Second, no, it's not just me. It's everyone who has been on the reciving end. Everytime I've seen it in the Prequel forums or on other message boards, it ticks me off when people make an accuastion that they have no basis in making, other than thinking that they are right or they are trying to bait a person. I've spent several years on this board and have posted on others. I've seen this kind of crap day in and day out and personally, it sickens me. Yes, people are allowed to have an opinion. But to say that we're lying or living in denial about our opinions is where a line is crossed and when it becomes personal. And at which point that tempers flare.

No, you're not trying to change my mind. You're trying to tell me that I'm lying or living in denial. That is what's ticking me off. I do not have deep seeded issues about loyalities to fiction. I do have issues with people trying to tell me about my business. Much less doing it with others. No, you not the bad guy. But you made an accusation that you had no justification for making. That is what is at issue here and now.

22. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    Look, Sinister. I've tried to be very cordial about all this, which is nothing more than a misunderstanding and a semantic disagreement, but you just won't let it go. Obviously your reading comprehension skills need work as I have tried to make my point abundantly clear to the point of frustration. But apparently you are too emotionally scarred from whatever dealings you've had in the past to carry on a rational conversation without making it personal.

Amazingly you have managed to do nothing more than to tell me, repeatedly, that I'm calling you what you are not or trying to change your mind, or putting words in your mouth or thoughts in your mind or whatever. Incidentally, by doing so, you ended up committing the very crime you've accused me of. Grow up, I mean seriously, how old are you? This is stupid beyond belief. The very fact that I am even bothering to respond to these ridiculous accusations is laughable. It's almost as if you're just arguing for argument's sake. Are you bored or something?

Even though you've chosen to paint the picture in a different light, I still remember the days of the PT arguments and let me tell ya, it wasn't those who loved the PT being persecuted day after day, it was the those who dared to say the opposite that suffered. I remember being crucified many times for saying that Anakin was a bit too whiny, or that Lucas really isn't that great a director, as if it were blasphemy. But I guess every side has its heroes and villains...and fools.

I'm tired of arguing with someone too passionate for their own good... To be honest, I'm tired of arguing in general. Surely there must be at least one or two sane people with which to share opinions and discuss differences with some tact and respect without having to worry about walking on eggshells so as not to soil the fragile egos of the poor little fanboys.

D_M_S_L

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    There is no emotional scarring here. There is someone who doesn't like it when people make accusations. If I did it to you, you wouldn't take offense to that? Of course not. And my comphrension skills are fine. I am just making a point which goes back to this comment.

If you must know my age, look it up in my profile. I am not arguing for the sake of arguing or am bored. I am responding to statements that you made. You want to end this, then don't respond. I call them as I see them.

This is the accusation that I am responding to. You made it and I responded to it.

There were also people who were crucified for enjoying the prequels and being told that they were lying or in denial about how good or bad they really were. So it wasn't just what you saw or were on the recieving end of. There was a lot more.

There's no fragile ego here. What there is here is as I've said. Whether you meant it in jest or in general and not specifiying one particular person, the fact is that you made a statement which is the latest in a long line of such statements that I've seen. One with which I'm frankly sick of seeing and I've spoken up about it.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Guys, let's drop this argument- it's getting way off topic and I don't think it'll go anywhere productive.

25. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Mar 11, 2004
    Agreed. Sorry Quest...

D_M_S_L