main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph One Man Can Make a Difference: Knight Rider

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Sep 28, 2007.

1. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    And

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ugh...

[image=http://www.aintitcool.com/images2007/kitt2008.jpg]

That's ugly. The high scanner light looks terrible. If it had been in the grille, instead of making a glowing red "nose", it might have been passable, but it's lacking the sports sleekness/sexiness. I'm herebey referring to this vehicle as the "Cylon Sneeze" until further notice.

Also Bruce "Senator Kelly" Davidson has been cast in the telefilm as well.

3. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Jan 19, 2001
    What the.... :confused:

I don't like the look on that car.

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  5. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    The fact that KITT is no longer a Trans Am is reason enough not to watch this. If I'm going to watch a show about a car, it should not be an ugly car.

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

*shrugs*

The Jupiter 1 looked blocky, then exuded the sleeker Jupiter 2 in Lost in Space. You never know.

Am I the only one who wants this thing to transform, heh?

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  8. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    http://jalopnik.com/341198/30+second-knight-rider-commercial-airs-no-turbo-boost-in-sight

Sounds a bit different in that one.

This would have been such a better look for the new car...

[image=http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7850/kittrideria7.jpg]

9. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    Jeez.... Enough already with the new Mustang.. It's really dumb looking, and last time I checked KITT was a Trans Am... I will NOT be watching this POS.

D_M_S_L

10. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Jan 19, 2001
  11. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I don't know much about the previous series, but I'm liking the new one so far.

12. gonzoforce

gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 27, 2002
    not too bad so far , remember this is a sequel to knight rider, which was not exactly emmy quality acting or dialogue, so I wasn't expecting much. At least it's better than Knight Rider 2000 and Team Knight Rider. So would Val Kilmer continue to be the voice of Kitt, if this gets picked up into a series? Well, at least the main female lead is not as bad as the main lead from the Bionic Woman remake. Katee Sackhoff should of been the lead in that show.

13. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    Boring and stupid. I quit watching after the first hour.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Overall it was a pretty good start, i thought. Had a couple funny lines and some good action scenes (I liked the mountain road chase in particular). I kinda wish the theme song rendition had been better- the beat is there, but the fanfare part was not rendered well.

I also really like the possibilities that the use of a cargo plane instead of a semi for deployment of KITT opens up in terms of international plotlines, which permits some more epic crimes and actions to be investigated into.

Kilmer was pretty good though- a bit softer than Daniels but still has an air of arrogance that fits the character.

You know, i recall reading plot summaries somewhere of Team Knight Rider, and apparently one of the last episodes or something revealed that one of the mastermind villains was actually the original KITT computer (no longer installed in a supercar). I can't help but wonder if something like that might be the case here with the guy in charge of the current plot- eitehr KITT or KARR would have a reason to want the Prometheus technology if they were looking to restore themselves.

15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I enjoyed it a lot more than Knight Rider 2000. And for those complaining about the lack of action, may I remind you that in "Knight Of The Phoenix", most of the action came in the second part. Anyway, this story is much more fitting of setting up the next generation than the last attempt.

16. xm41

xm41 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    Too campy and unrealistic. No way could a mustang survive a T-bone with a SUV without a scratch. It worked in the 80's but it don't work today. The concept needs a complete overhaul. The show should rely more on science fact rather than fiction. Or they could at least try to make the fiction semi believable. The new Knight Rider well be very quick to follow the new Bionic Woman to the new cancellation scrap heap.

Ron

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It wasn't the T-Bone that seemed implausible to me (and it didn't survive without a scratch- the damage repaired itself after the impact), but rather the fact that the impact didn't push KITT much at all- not sure how he could have been anchored like that, he shoulda slid for 20-30 feet at least.

Another issue they'll need to address is, if this new KITT is supposed to be more advanced than the original, why can't this new car turboboost? (obviously they don't want it to seem like an 80's Tv show stunt, but the fact remains that the old could, so why not this one?)

18. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I've seen the preview; the car looks good. Will definitely check it out.

19. JediWampa

JediWampa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2000
    I don't believe a Mustang could be shot and heal, either. Or drive itself. Or talk.

Why would you say it was more believable in the 80s? Maybe you BELIEVED it more in the 80s because of your age, but it's still just as ridiculous - and fantastic - as always.

As for the crash, did you notice where they talked about the nano-armor shell that the computer controlled? There was a reason for it....it's called the freakin' point of the story!

Anyway, I thought it was a great movie that could lead to a great series. It could, however, be a great movie that leads to a terrible series (ala Bionic Woman). If they give me the chance, then I'll get them a chance.....

20. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    I just supposed the nanites in the tires bonded with the asphalt. *shrug*

Having never seen the original show, I enjoyed this. My only problem was the hero guy - traceur, or whatever his name was - sucked. I liked the woman much better! She seemed more fit to ride in KITT. She went and fished the dude out from the bottom of the barrel - she was the real hero. Yet somehow immediately after we're introduced to this guy, who seems like an utter jerk, he gets in one little chase scene, and somehow he's the main character? The woman was far more believable and cooler for it.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The story was always about Mike Traceur. They just did what they did in the original series pilot, build towards his becoming the Knight Rider. The only difference is that there were more main characters in this series than in the original. As to the believability of the show, come on, it's fiction. Nothing in this show or the original is even remotely possible. The closest we get centers around certain functions that real cars have now, as opposed to twenty some years ago.

As to the Turbo Boost, that only existed in the original series to hop on the bandwagon of "The Dukes Of Hazzard" which was known for having the General Lee jump. Besides, they went through a lot of Pontiacs doing the jumps. They can save more on the Mustang without relying on it. Besides, for all we know, they might wind up using the Turbo Boost if this becomes a show.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That was one of the more interesting aspects of Knight Rider, though, I thinm- a lot of it's "futuristic" technology actually panned out into everyday reality (outside of the more fantastical impervious molecular bonded shell, turbo boost and SPM type elements)- automated car functions, talking car computers, onboard video screens, communication systems, etc. Probably why they felt they had to try and jump ahead of the curve with the updated KITT's capabilities.

Also, I don't know if they were trying to cash in on TDOH's popularity specifically- a lot of 80's TV action shows used car jumps as a staple stunt (think the A-Team, etc).

23. JediWampa

JediWampa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2000
    I think the funniest thing is that the cars don't need anything special to reach the speeds they talk about other than the high-end engines.

The original series had the "aerodynamic" panels that popped out for "Super Pursuit Mode" were pointless. The Pontiac body design - straight out of the box from GM - was designed for speeds of 300+ MPH. The Shelby Mustang GT500 has a top speed of 155MPH out of the box, and the GT500KR adds another 50 horsepower.

It's all about flash, and the snark. The car has to have some snark.

BTW, the good folks at AC Nielsen say that this telepic won the ratings for the key 18-49 demographic and placed 2nd overall on the night behind only Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I don't think it's going out on a limb to say we'll see this again on a weekly basis this fall...

24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The A-Team had cars flip whenever the A-Team took out the bad guys with their plan. The General Lee and KITT both jumped over everything, not flipping cars. The early TV Guide ads and/or columns for "Knight Rider" talked about how there was another car now that could jump just like the General Lee.

Super Pursuit was created as a means of keeping the show going with season four. In story it was created to get around the fact that KITT's shell was disolved when he got trashed at the start of the season and since Wilton Knight's daughter refused to allow KITT to be rebuilt properly, RC and his crew came up with Super Pursuit as an alternative to minimalize damage. Later the shell was restored. Both shows aren't meant for people who care about real world details. Just entertainment.

25. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    So is there any word if the series is actually going to be picked up and when it'll start?