main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph One Man Can Make a Difference: Knight Rider

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Sep 28, 2007.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Maybe he's actually playing K.I.T.T.'s son K.R.A.P.

Everything about that story is bizarre.

VadersLaMent and The2ndQuest like this.
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    W.
    T.
    F.
    ?!

...the only... the only bright side here is that this is not for the actual Knight Rider reboot film but rather a spoof element for a Hoff comedy.

But there are very few things in this world that would make me say "I'd rather have Danny McBride voice KITT" but this is one of them...

Juke Skywalker and Juliet316 like this.
  4. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Val Kilmer. Danny McBride. Justin Bieber. William Daniels has to be rolling over in his grave... He is dead, right?

*checks*

Nope. Alive! Sadly, so is Justin Bieber [face_plain].

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The fact that this is a spoof comedy is the only consolation.

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Don't delude yourselves. There is no consolation on this. This is ******* crap.

7. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Silver lining; If Bieber is busy voicing K.I.T.T., he won't have time to record any new music.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Not an improvement: I would have actively avoided any new music he made. But a movie about The Hoff mocking himself? That I might actually see.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Just so weird.

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Think about the kids.

On the downside, the odds that Bieber has a song on the soundtrack where he samples the Knight Rider theme are pretty good.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I will not. They bought his music. They made their bed, now they have to sleep in it.

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    As @VadersLaMent pointed out in the film discussion thread the other day: further details on the current development status of the long-in-the-works film reboot.

Spyglass Media Group has teamed with Atomic Monster’s James Wan and Michael Clear to develop a film based on the 1980s classic action series, Knight Rider. TJ Fixman, a former video game writer, is adapting the screenplay play. Judson Scott will serve as executive producer.

Created by Glen A. Larson, Knight Rider first aired on NBC from 1982-1986 and is credited for launching David Hasselhoff’s career. It’s about a smart-car named KITT that assists the mysterious crime-fighting driver Michael Knight (Hasselhoff). The series amassed a significant cult following and spun more TV spinoffs, films, video games, books, and a Knight Rider convention known as KnightCon.

Plot details for this latest installment are being kept under wraps but we hear it will be a present-day take that will maintain the anti-establishment tone of the original. As a video game scribe, Fixman wrote and developed Ratchet and Clank and Resistance: Fall of Man. On the film side, Fixman has sold a number of scripts Including One Night On the Hudson to Universal Pictures, Brotherhood of Magic to MGM, and Men Who Kill to Fox with Greg Berlanti producing and Michael B. Jordan starring. Most recently, he sold his original pitch Rogue to STX with David S. Goyers’ Phantom Four producing and feature pitch Legacy to Village Roadshow with Phantom Four producing. Fixman is repped by Grandview and Ziffren Brittenham.

And, as I commented on that thread, it is odd for them to describe it as having an "anti-establishment tone", given that he was, effectively a semi-undercover Federal-adjacent investigator for the Foundation for Law And Government. Even moreso if you try to factor in the eventual developments in KR2000 and KR2008 (where they are establishing police forces and developing military programs).

However, to be fair, that could just be poor phrasing on the part of the article, rather than an official description of the films direction/understanding of the mythology.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    So, perhaps then it's kind of a Blue Thunder or Winter Soldier plot; use the tech toy to bring down the bad guys who are running everything.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I could see Michael Airwolfing KITT somehow and using it on his own (though even Airwolf worked for the CIA while on the run from the military, lol). Or even Michael being recruited but, surprise! FLAG are the bad guys and he has to use their own car against them.

Not the most noble adaptation of the material they could take, but it would be different and would emphasize the "young loner on a crusade" angle if he lacked a Federal/semi-private support structure (the direction KR2008 began to take towards the end when they were trying to soft-reboot it).

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Neat little fan animation blending components of KITT from all the seasons:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023