main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA One man Star Wars show hits Adelaide!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by oz_skipp, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    MS and I will be there in costume, but we will probably get there around 6:15pm or so.

2. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Given the plethora of support for meeting at the pub before hand (lol! ;) ), we won't be going either. Going to catch up with friends and show off the costume in person. We'll be there around 6:15 also :)

Can't wait :D

3. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    Here's some photo's of the dinner we had tonight with Charles Ross. He really is a great easy guy to get along with & very very funny.

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/charity%20events/DSC00152.jpg]:D [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/charity%20events/DSC00154.jpg]
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/charity%20events/DSC00148.jpg]

When I told him about SAFF's efforts at this years Relay for Life we raised $6,500 for the Cancer Council...he was SO impressed with our efforts that he would love to contribute next year...to the tune of a nights proceeds from his show :eek:

That would be so awesome...he will be in Adelaide around Relay time & he wants us to remind him next year so he can do that for our cause

4. Darth_Hunky

Darth_Hunky Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2006
    Awesome night gang!

Love an excuse for fine entertainment, friends and food (oh yeah, and Pale Ale)...

Charles was a true gentleman and a kindred-spirit: a pleasure to have him.

Look forward to next year...will have to take my sithlings!

5. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    A fantastic evening!

Well done to all SAFFers in attendance! We all represented SAFF very well and as His Hunkiness has said above, Charles is a true gentleman.

Such a wonderful night, I wished I could have stayed with those who went onto the Austral (???)

I do believe the SAFF salute was created at the very end of the performance while Charles was taking his accolades ... ignited lightsabers ... very, very fitting! ;) :p

6. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Went past the Austral. Too loud and crap. So we went to the Griffin's Head for much frivolity and jugs of Coopers. Then the Cranker very briefly. Then Fumo Blu. Then home for much needed sleep.

An empty wallet and a fantastic night :)

Photos soon.

7. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    coolies, look forward to more photos, unfortunately i did take my camera but batteries went flat so could not get any photos :mad: :(

8. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Too much fun for words! Amazing night, fantastic company! The last time I had as much fun at something like this was when I got drunk with orcs. lol

9. LittleTinGoddess

LittleTinGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 7, 2006
    What can i say?? Saturday night was awesome!! Great show. Great food and most of all great people! Charles and Lisa are just the nicest, funniest,down to earth people i have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I think i'm in love [face_love] :p

Despite all the bar/pub hopping we did till the early hours of the morning, it was a great night. I got home an hour before i had to start work [face_blush]. Didn't get to bed until 7pm the following day[face_hypnotized]

Can't wait till he comes back next yr!:D

10. Dark-Lord_Alf

Dark-Lord_Alf Beloved Member of the SA Fan Force 1979-2013 star 4

Mar 19, 2005
    The One Man Star Wars Show was brilliant !!!!!!!

I loved his Jabba the Hutt impression. Never have I seen someone with such energy. Thank You Charles !!!!!!!

=D=

A big thanks from Guri & myself to Obi-Wan Toddi for organising the Tickets to the show and Props to Quinten for organising the Dinner with Charles afterward. This was a totally fun night and I was overwhelmed with happiness spending it with everyone !

11. luche

luche Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2006
    I think you guys have all summed it up - what a very special night :)

12. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    By 3am, most of us were 'special' :)

Yeah, it was one that was definitely up there with the best. Charles and Lisa were great company and such good sports.

I'm going to fire off my own personal email to him soon. I encourage others to do so (if you feel so inclined). The email addy is on his site. I'd join up with the forum to send a message, but it was full of spam when I checked on Sunday.

13. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    It sounds like it was an awesome time. Can't wait till next year and when i get to come.

can i just say "KID, LUKE, RAAAAAAWR! KID, LUKE, RAAAAAWR!........RAAAAAWR!"

14. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    I showed one of the guys at work one of the 'movements' Charles did.

He laughed a lot and figured that it was the Jabba the Hutt bit ;) :D

Funnily enough, this guy at work admitted that he'd gone to see the re-released orignals dressed as a Jedi. There's something about teachers, eh?

15. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    One of my teachers is also a SW fan. but the one i found the weirdest was the one that was a self confessed 'Pink'(as in the singer) addict.... Wierd...

16. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Doesn't sound weird to me! Teachers can like modern music too, ya know! :p

I tried to register on Charles forum, but didn't get the verification email. Strange. I will be sending an email from the SAFF email address to him.

If anyone wants a message or photo included in it, feel free to PM me :)

17. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Several teachers at my kids school went to the Pink concert, Robbie WIlliams and Kylie!! And these weren't teh young ones! :p

18. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    it's not that he likes the music, he's like half way to stalker addicted. he said in class that he bought every single, DVD and album that Pink has released. and he even bought the same album three times just because it had a different feature in it....

19. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    I've done that with Crowded House ... and I ain't stalking them! ;)

20. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Hold up DV, which one was that? And which likes Star Wars?? Did I miss this conversation?

21. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Yeah, it seems this thread has gone off-topic! Fancy that! :p

22. shadowself

shadowself Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2007
    I loved that bit! And the "seventies hair", but particularly the Spaceballs salute that was in there on occaision!

Actually, the whole show was absolutely brilliant. And I think Skip and I have convinced a couple of friends to go see it in Melbourne.

What with the show and dinner and drinks, it was a brilliant night all round! And I even managed to stay awake for the whole night. Unusual for me. LOL.

Oh wait - it seems I've gone back on topic. Silly of me!

23. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Welcome shadowself! :D

And what a costume to debut with! ;)

24. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    Yes Sabre, you did miss this convo. My maths teacher like SW and the second half of friday study teahcer likes Pink

and yes, i will deinately be going next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.