main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver One Man Star Wars Trilogy - Oct 5 to Oct 9

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by lord-darkhelmet, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord-darkhelmet

lord-darkhelmet Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    "One Man Star Wars Trilogy"

I don't know if anyone here has seen this show before (he's been through Vancouver a couple of times), but I saw this show once and I absolutely loved it. Basically it's a live show where one guy performs the Star Wars original trilogy by himself in about one hour. He does the voices, the sound effects, the actions, even the opening crawls all with no props at all. Although he does cut a bunch of the story out, what he does include is right from the films; with a little extra humour added here and there. ;)

I'm really interested in seeing this again, if there are others who are also insterested, please post here and include the date(s) that would best suit you. This show was sold out when I saw it last time, so I think it would be prudent to preorder the tickets a day or two ahead of time.

Where: Performance Works on Granville Island
    When: Oct 5 to Oct 9 (the shows start at 7:00pm)
    How much: General admission is $14, students and seniors are $12.
    More info: One Man Star Wars Trilogy

EDIT: Updated dates.

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I cannot recommend this highly enough! We saw the show tice while he was here in Victoria (he's one of ours, by which I mean an Islander!) and it was very very funny. Rani and I went to see his One Man Lord of the Rings Fringe Fest show, which was dead brill, too! But this was what started it all. He has a gig to do shows at Celebration III: way way cool!

It's a great place to go and meet possible new members of your fanforce as well: some of your more local folks might want to come out and hand out flyers or stuff every night before the show: you never know, you may get a new member or three out of it!

I hope you guys do go. It'd be good for the whole group, expecially if you could organise an activity around it: the show is in town for two weekends!

Take care, I'd come if I could!

*Derisa*

3. lord-darkhelmet

Sep 10, 2003
    Ok, I've checked the site for the One Man Star Wars Trilogy again, and the dates have changed somewhat; the new dates are updated in the original message and the subject line.

Also I've confirmed that students do get a discount from the regular price from $14 to $12.

4. Kuviare

Kuviare Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2004
    I saw it in Victoria and he's also done the lord of the rings.
    I recommend seeing him it is fun

5. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Bought my tickets for this Tuesday - Oct. 5

6. lord-darkhelmet

Sep 10, 2003
    Hey Cassandra that's cool, did you want to get together or were you planning your own thing that evening? As I've already seen it, I won't be going unless there are others who would be seeing it with me. I was hoping maybe a couple or three people would be interested in meeting together and whatnot.

Oh, and I went to see his Lord of the Rings show tonight and it was excellent. I didn't know some of the scenes as well as I know the Star Wars ones, but he is very good at getting into various characters from the film. It's just fun watching him jump all over the stage, especially when he does multiple parts of a battle scene. For people interested in the Lord of the Rings show, there's one last show tomorrow night at 7pm.

7. lord-darkhelmet

Sep 10, 2003
    There's still a couple of shows left (tomorrow and Saturday) if anyone's interested.

I found an article on starwars.com about his show:

"Hailing from British Columbia, actor Charles Ross is a man of many faces. Touring the country with "The One Man Star Wars Trilogy," Ross amazes audiences with his rendition of the Star Wars saga, impersonating everyone from the gargantuan Jaba the Hutt [sic] to the feisty Princess Leia. He even acts out the credits and hums the memorable soundtrack. This year Ross acted as both the emcee and entertainment for the Third Annual Star Wars Fan Film Awards at Comic-Con."

For the full article go here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.