Chic, IL One Man Star Wars Trilogy returns: December 3 to February 13

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Mos_Eisleian_Radio, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I wanted to alert everyone that The One Man Star Wars
    Trilogy by Charles Ross will be returning to Chicago. It'll be at Apollo Theater, 2450 N. Lincoln, from December 3, 2004 to February 13, 2005, Fridays at 10:30 P.M. and Sundays at 6:00 P.M. Here's more information from the Apollo's website.

He'll also be performing One Man Lord of the Rings from November 29, 2004 to February 14, 2005 at the same venue.

Phil

EDIT: One Man Lord of the Rings will now be from January 23 to February 20, 2005.
  2. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    My one-man "From Justin to Kelly" opens next week at the Man Hole West Coast.
  3. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    That One Man Star Wars is worth seeing once (for sure). If he keeps LotR to an hour minimum I may be interested. You're kinda ready for it to be over by the time it is. A couple martinis beforehand probably isn't a bad idea either.
  4. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    i believe the martini rule applies to just about any form of public or private entertainment.
  5. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Your mother not withstanding.
  6. Nostradamus Jedi Master

star 4

?The One-Man Star Wars Trilogy?

Showtimes are:

Friday at 10:30PM

Saturday at 10:30PM

Sunday at 6:00PM

Monday at 7:00PM

Now through Feb. 14, 2005

Apollo Theater
    2540 N. Linclon Ave.
    Chicago, IL 60614

Tickets: $19
    Students: $15
    Groups of 10 or more: $17

For ticket info & purchase call the Apollo Theater box office (773) 935-6100 or visit www.ticketmaster.com

Tickets are on sale NOW!

BUY NOW - STAR WARS SOLD OUT LAST YEAR!

Solo performer brings Star Wars to life in Chicago

Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, Han Solo??all on-stage, all performed by one, solo performer.

?The One-Man Star Wars Trilogy? is high energy, non-stop blasts through the galaxy. The catch?..there is only one cast member.

Charlie Ross, the writer and solo performer, plays all the characters, recreates the effects, sings the music, flies the ships, wields the swords and fights all the battles.

Back by popular demand ?The One-Man Star Wars Trilogy? will be performed at the Apollo Theater, 2540 North Lincoln Avenue in Chicago, starting November 29, 2004 through February 14, 2005.

Charlie Ross, spent much of his childhood in a galaxy far, far away?..adulthood has been similar. He has portrayed a giant caterpillar, taught children about conservation and performed with such respected groups as the Eclectic Circus, Theatre SKAM and the Western Canada Theatre Company.

The CBC has said Charlie Ross? ?mastery of each character is top notch?. Now Magazine proclaimed ?the show is a must see for any Star Wars fan.?

George Lucas, creator of the Star Wars trilogy, loved the show so much he hired Charlie Ross to promote the new Star Wars movie coming out next spring.

Showtimes are: ?The One-Man Star Wars Trilogy?, Friday & Saturday at 10:30PM, Sunday at 6:00PM and Monday at 7:eek:opm.

7. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Mia (who apparently is connected to The One Man Star Wars Show) sez that anyone who mentions "Chicago Force" will get 2$ off admission.

She also says that the LotR franchise isn't being very cooperative with allowing them to do the One Man LotR show, so it may not come to fruition.

Dave

"I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!!!"
  8. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Since he was unable to do The One Man Lord of the Rings Trilogy as planned, he's also doing Star Wars on Saturday nights at 10:30 P.M. and Mondays at 7:00 P.M.

Phil
  9. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I may be down there in costume on New Year's Eve if that costume outing pans out...

so if anyone is headed down there that night...

that reminds me....I need to check on that...
  10. Nostradamus Jedi Master

star 4
    The latest issue of Star Wars Insider #80 features Charlie on page 18.
    Excellent write up! :)

If you haven't seen it yet, he's only going to be here in Chicago for 4 more weekends. Last weekend, lighting effects were added to the performance, so in a way, now the Apollo shows are the 'special edition' :p

Also, there will be a "special one-time performance" of the "One Man Show" (that is NOT Star Wars) on January 23rd at 1pm (in addition to the 6pm One Man Star Wars Trilogy performance)

If you are interested in seeing the "special performance", ask for the "One Man Show" at 1pm, 1/23 when you call the box office.

11. RexGetz Jedi Knight

star 2
    This show is a MUST SEE!!!
  12. JediGeek Jedi Master

star 2
    I agree Rex! I just went to see the show in St. Charles on Thursday night (1/6). He was GREAT. The whole audience was in stitches!! [face_laugh]

He mentioned that LucasFilm had contacted him about performing at CIII. He'll be a big hit there. That's why I figured I'd better see him beforehand. I don't know how many shows he'll be doing at CIII and I didn't want to risk not being able to get in to see him there.
  13. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Charles Ross just got the go-ahead to perform The One Man Lord of the Rings which will be Saturdays at 10:30 P.M. and Mondays at 7:00 P.M., as originally intended. That will open on January 23 at 1:00 P.M. (the show that Kathy mentioned above). It'll run through February 20 with additional performances for the final weekend: Friday 10:30 P.M., Saturday 3:00 P.M., and Sunday 6:00 P.M.

Phil
  14. Nostradamus Jedi Master

star 4
    Phil---I spoke with the OMSW/OMLotR publicist yesterday and she did say that the 1/22 Saturday 10:30pm performance is supposed to be STAR WARS. She was going to get intouch with the box office to hopefully get all of that straightened out. THAT 1/22 performance will be the last SATURDAY performance of the One Man Star Wars at the Apollo.

I can tell that the One Man Lord of the Rings will be pretty funny as well.
  15. Angel_Blue01 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm going 23/1. I'll be the Bill Gates-lookalike out of costume. :)

This looks great!
  16. Angel_Blue01 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just saw the show Sunday. It was great!

I'm going to go see the Lord of the Rings now.

Go see it!
  17. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Bill Gates out of costume probably describes half the audience.

Bosh
  18. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
  19. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    My dad will be there in costume on Feb. 11th, so whoever wants a picture with him, and wants to see the show should come on that day.
  20. Nostradamus Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll see you & your dad there!

BTW-there are only 4 more OMSW performances left:

Feb 4 & 6
    Feb 11 & 13
  21. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    "there are only 4 more OMSW performances left"

Thank god.
  22. Nostradamus Jedi Master

star 4