main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ONE MAN STAR WARS - Wisconsin Performances 5/31-6/4

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Nostradamus, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    Charles Ross will be bringing his ONE MAN STAR WARS TRILOGY to Wisconsin for several performances from May 31st through June 4th.

He will be performing 4 shows at The Pabst Theater in Milwaukee and one show at The Grand Opera House in Oshkosh.

Do not miss this opportunity to see this hilarious performance in Wisconsin!

ONE MAN STAR WARS - MILWAUKEE 5/31-6/1 & 6/4

The Pabst Theater
    144 E. Wells St.
    Milwaukee, WI 53202
    (800) 511-1552
    (414) 286-3663

DRIVING DIRECTIONS & MAP

All seats just $23.50

One Man Star Wars Trilogy

Tues May 31 @ 8pm
    Wed June 1 @ 8pm
    Sat June 4 @ 6 p.m.
    Sat June 4 @ 9 p.m.

http://www.onemanstarwars.com/shows.html

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...ONE GUY recreated one of the greatest stories of all time!!

He's got every character down, he saw the original "Star Wars" over 473 times before the age of 8 and he knows more about "Star Wars" than most people know about their own families...now Charles Ross Presents: THE ONE MAN STAR WARS TRILOGY!! It's one of the zaniest and funniest shows all year!! "One Man Star Wars" had capacity audiences in Chicago rolling in the aisles!!

Star Wars fans and novices alike will love this affectionate take on a classic. One Man Star Wars is without a doubt one of the funniest and coolest shows of the year! Even those who have never seen a stitch of Star Wars will still find Charlie Rossí frantic recitation of the first three classic movies entertaining, if for no other reason than to admire the huge amounts of endurance, concentration and range required by such a project. In an hour, Ross, who brought the play here from British Columbia, rollicks through the key scenes in the "Star Wars" story, including battles, kisses, revelations, and deaths, using his face and body as his only props, humming the score and depending on his own voice for sound effects.He plays every character, including Hans, Luke, Darth, Yoda, Jabba, R2D2 and C3P0. Each is immediately recognizable.

Key emotional scenes are reduced to the tiniest bits of dialogue, but somehow, that seems enough. ìWhy didnít you tell me?î asks Luke Skywalker of Obi-Wan Kenobi, when he realizes that Darth Vader is actually his father. ìI forgot,î replies Kenobi. Itís clear Ross, who also wrote the script, has watched Star Wars obsessively -- some of his body movements exactly mimic certain cinematographic moments in the films. Fans will surely lose themselves in remembering favorite scenes, so much so that they might not even realize that this little play is actually about men who refuse to grow up. He's best as a petulant Luke or a prissy C3PO, and his Jabba the Hutt is a testament to his inventiveness, but Ross tackles the special effects too, becoming an exploding starfighter or a storm trooper's transport walker without the aid of props.

ONE MAN STAR WARS - OSHKOSH 6/3

Charles Ross's "One Man Star Wars Trilogy" will be at the Grand Opera House in Oshkosh on Friday, June 3 at 7:30 p.m.

Tickets are $15 and go
    on sale Monday, May 9.

The Grand Opera House
    100 High Ave
    Oshkosh, WI 54901
    ph 920-424-2355
    fx 920-424-2357
    www.grandoperahouse.org

GO SEE THIS.

2. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
  3. Nostradamus

Mar 2, 2000
    Actually it's a very funny show and I hope that folks in Wisconsin will take the opportunity to attend.

Charlie performed at Celebration 3 and ComicCon by invitation from LucasFilmLtd. and was very well-received. He'll be taking his show Off-Braodway later this year. Don't miss the chance to see him locally right now.

Plus Charlie will be on the Late Late Show (CBS) 11:30pm on Monday May 23rd for an interview and performing a 'clip' from his show. :)

4. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Looks like fun, I'll try to make it to the Oshkosh showing.

5. Nostradamus

Mar 2, 2000
    We had a BLAST at the theater last night!
    I was sitting at the back of the theater and the lighting seemed a little darker than other performances.
    Charlie has put a few little changes in his show - including his 'costume' but it is as funny as ever!

Wisconsin area Star Wars fans, please do not miss your opportunity to see Charlie locally before he goes to Broadway later this summer.

6. Darth_Luinel_Kun

Darth_Luinel_Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    I'm going to see it here in Green Bay soon! I cann't wait! Don't tell anything about it.

-Matt-

7. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Vader dies.

8. Darth_Luinel_Kun

Darth_Luinel_Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    Oh nvm...What! Vader dies...I never would have guessed! Did you know that he is Lukes father! I am soo suprised!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.