main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Month from Today

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by k3po, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Woohoo, one month from today I begin plus I'm sure many of you begin the road trip to Indy. Can't wait to see you all there.

2. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    ROCK ON! We start our venture north 4 weeks from wednesday. Straight shot from Austin. For all of the drivers, how far are you driving? We'll be doing almost 1100 miles.

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    WOW! 1100 miles? I thought 700 for us was bad...LOL
    Cant wait!

4. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    Sweet! I get on a plane in one month. I'll be there the night of the 1st. I'll get some sleep, and wake up with a whole day to kill before the party starts! Anyone else be there early? I'll be at the Omni Severin. Woo!

5. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    My brother and I will show up on the afternoon of the 1st but unfortunately will leave late afternoon Sunday. We're staying at Embassy Suites.

6. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    well, im not driving, but i got a long trip ahead of me. Im coming from northern Alberta, Canada. BEAT THAT!

7. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    damn...that's probably over 3000 miles! that beat our measley 1100.

8. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I've gotta 500 mile or so trek from Atlanta. It's about 8-9 hours I think. If I lived any further, I would definitely fly. We get it on Thursday afternoon and we are staying at the Marriott. And wow, we leave one month from today! This is gonna be sooooo kewl. [face_laugh]

9. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I guess I'm not the only one counting down. Yesterday I was like, it's almost a month!" And today is exactly 1 month from when we get there since are arriving a day early. I can't believe it is almost here. And last night I had a dream I skipped my class with Obi-Wan to watch the first showing of AOTC and Hayden and Natalie were there in the theater too!

10. K3-PO

K3-PO Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    Our drive is 18 hours fr0m Denver. we are talking about leaving around 10pm the 1st so we get there no later than 6pm the 2nd.

11. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    K3po

FYI...There's a woman who posted on the Starwars.com forum looking to share driving & travel expenses from Denver to Indy. If you have room for one more you might post a response to her inquiry.

Carolyn

12. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Thats cool, BUT I really dont want to take strangers, plus, this is going to be great trip with me and my best Star Wars fan. My Fiance'. Thanks for the thought though.

EDIT:

Carolyn, did you write this over at the OS?

If so just wondering if its the same person.

Before I purchase mine & my son's airline tickets I thought I'd ask if you're willing to swing by North Carolina and pick us up. Of course we can't leave until after 3pm on Thursday and must be back before 7am on Monday. I don't want my son to miss more than one day of school! :D

Of course I'm just kidding. I thought you might like to hear from someone else who was old enough to attend the original screening of Star Wars. I didn't stand in line but was dragged by a friend. I was hooked from the beginning!

Carolyn

13. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    K3po,

That was me. I was just playing. I really didn't expect her to pick me up.

I just thought I'd point you to a fellow traveler from the same area. I'm a believer in conservation of resources but I totally understand wanting to spend time with your #1 SW fan.

I'd look for a ride from my neck of the woods but unfortunately I need to get up to Indy & back without my son missing more than one day of school. It would be nice if this thing was scheduled after school got out.

Carolyn

14. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Well One more month from Today 4/3/02 is the opening day of the celebration. god, this is going to be a fun month. The antisipation.

15. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    This thread can probably be closed by an admin.

EDIT:

carolyn,

I'm sure you will make it to and from. See you there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.