main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One More Addiction (Week 4, Day Task 1)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by NarundiJedi, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    One More Addiction

Hi, my name is Jessica Orsak. I stand before you people today for one reason: I am a Star Wars fan. I?ve tried to quit a number of times, but each time there?s something about it that just sucks me back into it. I know I?m addicted, and I only hope that this time I can get clean.

My first time on Star Wars was rather insignificant. At that time I was trying on other designer fads, like James Bond Jr.

[image=http://www.super3.net/imgserie/jbondjr.jpg]

And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

[image=http://www.topthemes.com/animesncartoons/ninjaturtleslogo.jpg]

I was at a friend?s house, watching afternoon cartoons, and my friend asked me if I wanted to try a little Star Wars, of the ESB variety. I was a little skeptical, but I agreed. Instead of picking me up and intriguing me like it was supposed to, it just put me to sleep. :( I decided right then that I hated Star Wars. Good little seven year old girls just didn?t do Star Wars. It was something that only seven year old cootie-fiend boys did. [face_devil]

Speed forward to three years in the future. It was a boring late summer day, and I was looking around the Wegman?s video store with my mom. I was looking for a new game to play on my Sega Genesis, but she had other plans in mind.

?Why don?t we get some Star Wars?? She asked me.

?Star What?? I returned. I had unconsciously blocked out all memory of the drug.

?You?ve never seen Star Wars?? My mom cried, appalled at my ignorance. She decided that this simply couldn?t do, and picked up all three varieties of Star Wars before heading to the check-out. My own mother, exposing me to Star Wars! Somebody should have called child services. [face_plain]

Well, as you probably know, I was hooked. In that fateful summer between fourth and fifth grade, I ingested the three different varieties of Star Wars in just two days. It would have been three in one day if my mommy hadn?t said it was time for bed. [face_blush]

Before I got around to sampling the RotJ variety, I called my father up in a Star Wars induced stupor and asked him if Darth Vader was really Luke Skywalker?s father. I was hopelessly gone at that point.

The effects of such an encounter with Star Wars have been obvious. In my nearly twelve years of fandom I?ve dressed up as a Jedi Knight for Halloween four times. I?ve done the three original varieties so many times I?ve lost count. I?ve even tried a couple of newer, scientifically-altered varieties at raves of mass-hysteria, but those came up flat. I blame that flatness on my overdose of a drug called ?Popular Culture?. It?s left me unable to feel the effects of other things except in very large doses. :p

Lastly, I?m really here because of the time I was so rabid for new Star Wars, I allowed myself to try some new form called EU. I don?t know what EU stands for, but it certainly added some Extra Umpah to my growing cravings. Without it, I think my fandom would have died out.

There you have it. That?s my story.

[image=http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:d69lfu-4CNgC:cache.katrillion.com/images/t/topher.70s.show_160.jpg]

Eric Foreman: That was beautiful. Let?s give Jessica our support, shall we?

[image=http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:eek:4V-doQHYCsC:family-guy.springfield.ru/foto/wallpapers/peter-1024.gif]

Peter: Hey, are we almost done in here? Because I gotta take the biggest dump!

[image=http://www.cdjewell.net/Graphics/Wallpapers/ralph_wiggum_1024.gif]

Ralph: I bent my wookiee! :(

THE END

Jae Angel

2. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    That was beautiful, Jess. :)

And it's just too weird that we were both bored by Star Wars, by the same movie! :p Only later have we realized it's actually one of the best films of all time. :D

3. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Not only by the same movie, but by the same part of the same movie! :eek: Somebody should tell George to put an age limit on muppets. :p

I think I'm going to wait until my kids are at least nine or ten before showing them Star Wars. I know the age might be lower if I have sons, but we'll see. :)

Jae Angel

4. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I've always thought Empire was a little boring, especially as I still have the attention span of an 11 year old.

Good story, Jess. It's odd that all of you young types had to see the trilogy on video first. It blows my mind :eek:

5. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Me too, John. I feel old. [face_plain]

6. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    If I had a choice, I would have been born a few years earlier. :p Even so, I do remember playing with a few Jedi figures my dad bought for me when it came out. :) Of course, I just called the Gamorrean "Mr. Piggy" back then. ;)

Jae Angel

7. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Hehe. Nice story, Jess. :)

~ James

8. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Of course, I just called the Gamorrean "Mr. Piggy" back then.

I called him "The Snotty Guard".

9. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    Great story, Jess! :) [face_love]

And how dare you knock ESB.... :mad: [face_plain]

Awww...I can't stay mad at you...you're so damn lovely...

//kisses Jess on the cheek...//

[face_love]

10. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Awwwwww, Sammy, you're so sweet! [face_love]

Jae Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.