main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends One more day - K/J + others [[update 4/11!]]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Elfsheen, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Disclaimer: I don't own SW and are not making money of this. However, I do own any original character that you may happen to stuble across in this story.

Note: I wasn't going to post this, because I wrote the first post directly after seeing Veronica Guerin , but afterwards I came up with an entire story.

Title: One more day
    Author: Elfsheen
    Genre: drama, action, mystery
    Summary: Comes after a few post, because if I post a summary now, it will give the story away :D

[b]One more day[/b]

She was happy, no ecstatic. It worked! She hadn?t believed it would. After months of searching she finally found it. She glanced briefly at the holo-pad on the seat beside her. This would work! After months of failures this would finally work. She did it. Just when they thought everything was lost. Now they could finally put it behind them.

She pressed a key on her holocom and a second later her Han Solo?s voice filled the small landspeeder. ?Sweetie? Where are you? We?re worried sick here. You shouldn?t be alone!? For a moment she felt slightly irritated before the happiness she felt before chased the feeling away.

?Dad, you won?t believe it! I found it. It finally came through! I?ve got it. I?m on my way back now. Don?t worry; I?ll be there in a half an hour!? Before her father could bring in a word, she keyed the conversation out and pressed another key.

Even faster than her father, Kyp Durron?s voice filled the little landspeeder. ?For Force sake, will you never do that again? You were supposed to let me know when you left, remember. What if something happened? Don?t you ever do what you?re told? For Force sake??

She couldn?t remember a time when she?d heard Master Durron talk this much. ?Kyp! Kyp, listen to me,? she cut in, ?I got it!? She smiled briefly when she stopped at the intersection. Speeders flew by from every side and occasionally you could hear an angry shout when a driver ignored a stop sign.

For a few seconds neither spoke. She began to wonder if he?d heard. ?Kyp, did you hear me? I got it. This will work. We can finally put it to rest. Did you hear??

?Yes I heard, but did you hear me? Now where are you?? Despite his crude words, he couldn?t hide the joy in his voice.

She smiled. Good old faithful Kyp. She was so overcome in her relief and happiness that she never noticed the speeder stopping on the passenger side.

?I heard you, I?ll be all right. I?m almost home,? she said. She was tempted to stick out her tongue at him, but realized at the last moment that he wouldn?t see it. So she sent him a mental image. ?Stop worrying, will you??

At the same moment the glass on the passenger side of the speeder broke and a blaster was raised. Time seemed to slow down. Her danger senses flared. Glass flew all around her and she put up her arms in a vain attempt to shield her face. In the background she could hear him calling her name over and over again, but she couldn?t answer him.

Then the blaster fired and she screamed?

A few miles away a second voice joined her momentarily in her screams, then all was silent and nothing could be heard except for a speeder hasting away?

Within the speeder Jaina Solo lay dead. her eyes staring into the unknown

[hr]

EDIT: I made the person know. Felt better that way...

2. no_krakana

no_krakana Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003
    oooo.....i wanna know who 'she' is!

3. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Me too ;) No, it will become clearer.

EDIT: So I made it clear, it's Jaina ;)

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    good start, but I'm sad Jaina's dead :( This is a promising mystery.

5. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh yes, a mystery it is. You'll see.

6. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    I'll be keeping an eye on this little tale. Sounds cool. But, why did you kill off Jaina? I mean, your "Dark One" story scared me into fearing her, but I usually fear living beings, not dead ones.

7. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, Jaina seemed the more logical for this tale. Then thing is, and I'll tell you this because it then will make sense:

All will be explained in the next post ;)

8. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Then get it up there, Jeedai.

9. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Ha it's work in progress. Besides, I'm in need of sleep. It's my greatest inspiration source 8-}

btw, me? How 'about you, lad. We could use a post 8-}

10. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Leave me to my imagination, and some help from my beta reader and other sources to get information together on how exactly Luke helps Kyp after the Carida incident. It'll fit in well with the Jaina/Anakin/Kyp posts.

11. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Most interesting. But I still won't tell you what I have in store though [face_mischief]

12. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
  13. Siri_Ruane

Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Up up. [face_mischief] I like this...

14. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Jaya_Jade_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    ooo so sa that jaina is dead, but who killed her? i shall try to keep my eye on this story.

15. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    [face_shocked] Must keep an eye ont his... poor Jaina... Poor Kyp... :(

~~Jilly

16. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    B-b-b-but...

Jaina can't die!

She just can't!

:(

Poor Kyppie.

17. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    There are a hundred things I want to say right now, and each and every one of them would get me banned. [face_shocked]

18. starwbabe

starwbabe Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    Oh, Princess. You crack me up.

19. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Siri_Ruane: Thankies, I'm glad you like it.

Jaya_Jade_Durron: patience my dear friend, all will be explained.

JainaDurron [face_mischief] You don't know the half of it 8-}

JediMasterKobe: Yes she can, she just did, didn't she? *looks down at post* well... as I said, all will be explained 8-}

the_jedi_princess: You always seem to say that when you read my stories ;) I'm starting to wonder what those things are ;)

starwbabe uhhhh... okay. I'll stay out of this ;)

Next post. Sorry it's a short one, but time is not on my side these days...

Chapter 1

One year earlier?

?Jaina! You can?t leave me here like this!? Jedi Master Kyp Durron yelled.

Jaina turned around, an innocent smile on her face. ?Why not?? she said sweetly. ?You wanted to play tie-up poker,?

?Only because you refused strip poker,? he retorted. Kyp looked over at his younger friend. Jaina noticed the mischievous look and couldn?t help but blush. She quickly recovered.

?You?re a very resourceful Jedi Master, I?m sure you can work it out. If not, I?ll swing by on my back from my appointment with Wedge.

Kyp sighed and started to say something, the banter suddenly forgotten, but Jaina held up her hand to stop him. ?I know what you think and I?ve heard it all before, and you know how I think on it, so let?s leave it.?

She was on her way to have her last conversation with General Wedge Antilles about leaving Rogue Squadron. She had enjoyed her time with Rogue Squadron, but she didn?t think she made a difference anymore. That was her main reason for joining the famed squadron, but in these quiet times the squadron was more for show. So it was time for a change. However, her parents and friends didn?t see it that way. They supported her, but thought she was making a mistake. She had spent many an argument with Kyp on the matter. At first he had welcomed her idea of leaving the squadron in the hope she would join his Dozen, but she?d refused.

She walked toward the all tied up Jedi Master until her face was only centimeters from his. ?If you?re as good as they say you are you shouldn?t have any problem. I?ve got to go now.? She kissed his forehead, something that had become natural in their friendship, and turned towards the door. Leaving a protesting Kyp behind.

Before she walked out she turned around. ?And don?t you dare take of without letting me know! Oh and don?t forget to lock up when you leave!?

?Yes m?lady, as you wish,? he said with a grin, ?but can?t I persuade the lovely lady to untie me??

His answer was a closing door.

Kyp sighed. Typical Jaina Solo. Oh well, as she said, he was resourceful. He wasn?t a Jedi Master for nothing. With another sigh he started to work on the bounds that bound him to the chair.

EDIT: I hate mark-up codes

20. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    a flashback story, interesting. :) And in the first chapter we've already got Jaina tying Kyp up [face_mischief] Nice work again Elfsheen, I am really curious to see where this is going.

21. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    YK: So am I ;) So am I ;) but thanks. Tying up? Hehehe, what can I say ;)

22. Siri_Ruane

Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Hehe. That was cute. I like the flash back.

23. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    A tied up Kyp is good.... [face_devil]

~~Jilly

24. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    A tied up Kyp is good.... [face_devil]

~~Jilly

25. no_krakana

no_krakana Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003
    New Post! Me all happy now..thanks for the PM, Elfsheen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.