main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One newbie crying out in the wilderness...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by PeterTutham27, Aug 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Ok- just starting SW RPGing and I really hope that the rest of you guys aren't getting sick of us newbies! Anyways, can't jedi who have their sabers out and activated deflect blaster bolts? They only did it in EVERY SINGLE MOVIE! Is that the only reason that Jedi have a high defense? PLEASE HELP!
    Also, if deflection is possible could a roll of a d20 against an opponent's defense tell if you deflect it back at them or not? THANKS!
    P.S. This is my first post too! YAY!

2. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Well there is a "Deflect Blaster" Feat, I think... and in there is says something about sending them back to the source. But I seem to remember there being an Errata about deflecting Blasters in one of the Gamers, but maybe I'm wrong.

3. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Yes, MoronDude. Gamer #5:
    Benefit: You must be carrying an activated lightsaber to use this feat. Whenever you are the target of a blaster shot ( or other ranged attack), you can make a Reflex saving throw against a DC 15 plus the attacker's base attack bonus. A critical hit increases the DC by 10. If you succeed, you deflect the blaster shot and take no damage. You must be aware of the attack and not flat-footed to use this feat. Attempting to deflect a blaster shot counts as a reaction.
    If the Reflex save result is 5 or more points above the DC, you can deflect the blaster shot at a target within one range increment of your positon. Immediately make an attack roll using your lightsaber bonus with a -4 penalty. If the attack succeeds, the deflected shot hits the target and takes damage from it.
    Deflect blasters only defends against personal-scale weapons; you can't deflect ship-scale weapons with a lightsaber.

Unquote.

So basicly if a higher level character is using you for target practice you are screwed. Otherwise you might have a chance.

4. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Thank you so much! This'll come in handy because my friend is planning on a battke droid happy campaign! When I whip out this in return, he'll **** a brick! LOL! THANKS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.