main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends One of a Kind - Luke/Mara -fic gift for Myriad Daydreams *~*Thanks!*~*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dancing_star, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Title: One of a Kind
    Author: dancing_star
    Characters: Luke/Mara
    Genre: fluff, mush, humor
    Disclaimer: Star Wars isn't mine. :rolleyes: :p
    A/N: This is a fic gift for the Winter Holiday Fic Gift Challenge. Mine was for Myriad_Daydreams and she requested:
    1. R2D2 and C3PO to make an appearance
    2. Luke and Mara adjusting to holiday traditions
    3. A sweet, sappy, holiday ending

I don't want:
    A crazy AU. Slightly off is okay, but not completely skewed

Characters:
    Luke and Mara

I hope you like it, Myriad. [face_worried] I'm sorry it's so late! I truly hope you enjoy it anyway! Happy New Years Eve! [:D]

Rain spattered against the window and thunder rumbled ominously outside but both sounds were nothing compared to the commotion coming from the kitchen.

It was a symphony of clanging pots and pans, electric mixers, cooling and cooking unit doors, and cupboards opening and closing. Threepio could be heard rattling off things from time to time while Artoo beeped and whistled his inputs. Meanwhile, a flustered Luke worked feverishly.

?I don?t get it,? Luke sighed, examining the gundark roast that was still partially frozen. It said two hours, right??

?Correct, Master Luke.?

Luke sighed, running a hand through disheveled hair. ?Well now it?s been three.? He checked the cooking unit, muttering to himself, ?It?s on, it?s at the right temperature. What else could it be??

Threepio checked the recipe on the datapad he was holding. ?I?m afraid I?m not quite sure, sir. It looks as if you?ve completed all the necessary steps.?

?Read them off to me.? Luke fought back the frustration that threatened to overwhelm him. Why had he ever volunteered to cook the whole Lifeday meal? The last time he made cookies he?d set Han and Leia?s kitchen on fire.

?Certainly. Preparation step number 1- Let the gundark thaw for 3 hours.?

A smack as Luke?s hand collided with his forehead. ?No.? He laid his head down on the counter and banged it once in a ?why me?? sort of way.

?Is something wrong sir??

The blond head rose and turned, accusing. ?Threepio, you never read that step to me before.?

?Well, I assumed-?

?Never assume, Threepio. Not in this situation.? The young Jedi sighed, before looking thoughtful for a moment. He carefully slid the gundark back into the cooking unit, seeming to have an idea. ?Maybe I can just adjust the temperature and it?ll be done faster.?

?A reasonable idea, sir.?

?Now, let?s get back to the dessert. Pull up the recipe for the cake we were working on and this time read [i]all[/i] the instructions.?

[hr]

Mara Jade sighed, tapping the datapad she had in her lap to turn the page. Reclined on the couch with a blanket around her, she was far from relaxed. She was too preoccupied with worrying about the farmboy-turned-Jedi wreaking havoc in her kitchen. It?d probably never be the same, she mused despondently.

Of course it [i]was[/i] thoughtful of Luke to volunteer to cook the whole Lifeday meal- and sweet of him to offer to set aside the whole day for her; after all the work he?d been swamped in at the Jedi Academy. He always spent Lifeday with Han and Leia- it was tradition- but this year, now that he and Mara were married, they?d agreed on a new tradition too. The day before Lifeday they?d spend together. Just the two of them. No work. No missions. And nothing for her to do but relax.

She couldn?t relax though. She had good reason to fret. The last time farmboy was in the kitchen, there was a set off smoke alarm and a trip to the medcenter involved. Thankfully it wasn?t her kitchen, but the Solos?. She wouldn?t know what to do if she came home to a scorch mark like that on her new wallpaper.

She never would?ve agreed to this idea except she made the mistake of looking into Luke?s dazzling blue eyes, and sweet, earnest face. ?Don?t worry about a thing.? He?d said. ?Just relax and enjoy the day.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww, this is so sweet!! Luke's cooking disaster is hilarious, and the last line is just so incredibly beautiful! Great job :)

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweetness! Fun! And Squee! Squee!
    [face_dancing]
    [:D]

4. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    I had a huge grin on my face while I was reading this. I loved the ending, Luke's cooking disasters, and the droids attempts to help him.

?And you promised you wouldn?t burn down the house.?

?And I haven?t.?

?Yet.? She thought to herself.

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Great job, dancing_star! =D=

5. Jaidyn_Knightfall

Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2008
    Funny and sweet at the same time! I love how 3PO was trying to help Luke make dinner. Somehow, the thought of 3PO cooking anything makes me laugh![face_laugh]

Excellent job, dancing_star! :)

6. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Awwwwww, thank you star!!! [:D]

Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, I haven't logged on in weeks :oops: I love this, so sweet and perfect for the holidays! Nothing better than a good Luke/Mara story to make me smile :)

Hope you had a lovely holiday season!

7. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    NYCitygurl: Aww, thank you so much!! [:D] I'm so glad you liked it! :D

Jade_eyes: Hee! Aww, thank you!! [:D] And I got two squees! [face_dancing]

path_seeker: Aww, thank you very much!![:D] @};- I'm so happy you enjoyed it!!

Jaidyn_Nightfall: Yeah, Threepio cooking something would be quite a sight. [face_laugh] Thank you so much!! [:D]

Myriad_Daydreams: Aww, yay, thank you!! [:D] I'm so glad you liked it! [face_dancing] I hope you had a great holiday season too! :)

8. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    If there ever was a Star Wars equivalent of a sitcom, this was it. And I mean that in a good way. Very funny with Threepio trying to help. [face_laugh]

Have to say, between this one and LadyPadme's Mara Can Cook, I think the Skywalkers are destined to forever eating out.

That was a perfect ending with Mara telling that he is the one of a kind gift.

Bravo! =D=

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Just... poor Luke. LOL! Maybe I should say poor Artoo and Threepio having to clean up the mess. Or poor Mara, having to know what was happening but being unable to stop it. What a sweet gift fic! :D

10. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007

madman007:
    [face_blush] Aww, thank you so much!!
    Have to say, between this one and LadyPadme's Mara Can Cook, I think the Skywalkers are destined to forever eating out.
    Yup. [face_laugh]
    Thanks again!! [:D]@};-

ginchy:
    Aww, thank you ginchy!! [:D] Yes, poor all of them. :p It's kinda funny- after I wrote this story, I made some brownies and instead of putting 1/4 cup of water, I put 1 1/4 cups! :oops: Let's just say I can relate to Luke's situation. :p
    Again thanks so much!! :) @};-

11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Fave part was Mara becoming exasperated over Luke messing up the kitchen and Threepio being the most patient person there.

Well done, star. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.