main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One of Ours on SPIKETV!

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by quadcityteecee1, Aug 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadcityteecee1

quadcityteecee1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    "Picture if you will..."--stereotypical phrase, attributed to Rod Serling...

What a Picture! Here I am watching (via videotape) WWE Raw wrestling show on the debut of Spike TV (formerly TNN, home to James Bond and Star Trek:TNG). They happen to be at the Mark of the Quad Cities, the civic center for the QCA.

The match is Rodney Mack, African-American wrestler, versus Shane Helms, aka the Hurricane (self-styled superhero). The Hurricane blows in onto the entrance Ramp, big pop from the fans, and runs down to ringside. He pauses on the ring apron, and jumps down to give a kid a Hurricane mask--another big pop from the fans...Escpecially a ringside DUDES!

He is standing right next to the kid, the kid gets the mask and handshake from Hurricane, and because Dudes is yelling so enthusiastically into Hurricane's face, the wrestler gamely embraces Dudes, giving him a pat on the chest and back! Dudes is eating it up and the fans really seemed to pop--this time for one of our own! All on live national TV!

Dudes, you ARE Da Man!! (Didja get any autographs from Goldberg? and whadja think of the Hair vs. Hair setup with Nash and Jerico??)lol
    Let me know how it went for you--TeeCee.

2. QCJediTim

QCJediTim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Hey TeeCee aorry for the latness of this reply But the show was great I got autographs from all of the people who were at the mall signing Maven and Rob Van Damn. Didn't get anything from Goldberg. To be honest i am not a big Goldberg fan. But the Hurricane thing was awsome the kid was actully my freind and fellow ScW wrestler Steve's little brother. But the night was a hell of a lot of fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.