main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga One Prick to Bleed - an AU beginning in AotC (Obi, Ani, Sabe, Yoda) - Mar. 1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amidolee, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Well, I love my Anakin.[face_love] But this is a great story! :D

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    SABE BEATS ANAKIN IN THE FIGHT!!

Proof! :D

3. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    lol, Miana, that's awesome!

4. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Hey, everyone! I'm back in the States and working on the next post. It's just taking me some time settling and getting back in the groove, which is not being helped by the seasons of Gilmore Girls I got for Christmas. [face_blush] My conscience will kick my butt soon, don't worry!

5. BloodRaven77

BloodRaven77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005
    =D We wait with much eagerness!! Or at least I do anyways ;)

6. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    ~*~*~

It was one of the worst hyperspace journeys Obi-Wan could remember. When the Lorian had emerged into real space to switch runs, the Temple had rerouted them around the Separatists? latest strike. Apparently the Trade Federation and Count Dooku wanted to convey to the galaxy they were serious about this war. Even without the disruption, the journey seemed to stretch longer than it should. Only the tense journey from Coruscant to Naboo ten years ago compared to the taut silence between Obi-Wan and Anakin. But what could he say? What could he do?

Obi-Wan wearily rubbed his eyes and face as he sat on the cargo hold floor. He needed to sleep soon, but he dared not.

The Jedi Knight glanced down at the still, curled figure under his robe. The bruising had gone down. But would it be enough? Obi-Wan stared at Sabé?s momentarily quiet form, unable to dispose of his grim fear. Yes, the bruising had gone down, but what did it leave behind? He only risked tentatively searching her through the Force, but she felt too tender for him to prod further. It seemed cruel to leave her on the floor like this, but allowing her the cabin bed would undoubtedly not sit well with Anakin. Not that Anakin should be coddled, but the situation was just too delicate to agitate Anakin any further.

Sighing, Obi-Wan rested his head against the bulkhead, thinking on the seemingly endless hours transpiring in the small ship. The silence was too intense, yet he could only break it with small, functional words. Anakin refused to speak about it, and Obi-Wan felt uneasy about pushing the Padawan too far. At least he could be certain Anakin was uncomfortable whenever Sabé cried out. Disturbed, more like. It meant he could be reached. And yet . . . as Obi-Wan studied her hollowed cheeks, he wondered just how this would affect Anakin. Outwardly it depended on the damage done. If she did not recover, Anakin was no doubt expelled from the Order, and Obi-Wan did not wish to think of the consequences there. But even if Sabé?s mind was still intact, the damage to Anakin had been done, the actions still remained. It depended on the Council, Anakin?s cooperation and behavior.

It was, quite simply, a mess of things.

The Jedi shivered and tried to blame it on the ship?s environmental system and his lack of robe. Anakin had not looked happy when Obi-Wan had surrendered his robe to a trembling Sabé. That was just too bad. He?d have to deal with it. Obi-Wan had explained it bluntly. Anakin?s fate may very well ride on Sabé?s condition, and Obi-Wan did not want hear any complaints over helping her.

Obi-Wan?s frown deepened as Sabé?s smooth brow knitted again and her eyelids tightened. Her breaths began to tighten into shallow gasps as she shifted, clearly in pain.

?I?m sorry,? he sighed, straightening up. Did he have enough strength to help her again? If, indeed, he was helping at all. Obi-Wan smiled derisively at himself. What sort of Jedi was he? It did not matter if he was too exhausted. The Force was not.

Just as he was reaching into his reserve, she moaned out a soft, ?No.? Obi-Wan paused, his heart and stomach switching places. Could it be? Or was it just hope? Incoherent monosyllables could sound a lot like ?no?. Reaching through the Force, Obi-Wan cautiously absorbed her presence, and battled a tight, sharp hope in his chest.

Painfully tender and obviously in agony, he could feel her familiar presence rising through it. This felt like a nightmare, not whatever tortured state Anakin put her in. Was it possible? Was she still Sabé somewhere in there, fighting her way out? Or was this just another stage, another inner hell?

?No . . . no, please!?

Obi-Wan sucked in a shaky breath. ?Please, Force, let this be good,? he muttered as sweat beaded her forehead. Should he ease the nightmare or let it unfold? Sometimes the mind needed to work it out on its own. The bruising was down, he could sense?dare he think it??a consciousness somewhere under it. Interfering now could set her b

7. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    WAh! She's going crazy! Not good... not good... Kenobi, I have faith in you! Restore our dearest Sabe!

Good to see the brat starting to behave. Hmmm... this could be the beginning of a beautiful... acquantenceship.

Thanks for the update, Amidolee! A great holiday gift!

8. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *lip trembles* Sabé! [face_worried] [face_worried] Is she all right? Does she recognize Obi-Wan? Is she still there? What did that brat do to her?

Excellent post, Amidolee! I really enjoyed reading about Obi-Wan's conflict between helping Sabé and considering Anakin's point of view. Personally, I think it speaks well of Obi-Wan that he hasn't just said, "Screw Anakin. He caused this mess." It really shows just how much he cares for his Padawan. If it had been me... well, I can't say I would have dropped the brat, but I think I would have been far more upset with the poor excuse for a Braid Boy.

Again, great job! :) =D= =D= @};- @};-

AQ

9. MasterSareBabe

MasterSareBabe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Oh, dear! She has to be fine, 'cause she has to fall in love with Obi-Wan. ;) Lol. Short post!

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Anakin had better pay for what he has done!

11. Senator_Lorena

Senator_Lorena Jedi Master star 2

Oct 21, 2003
    Wow! Can't tell if Sabe has made a turn for the better or worse.

Great post! Also good to know you're back in the U.S.

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Hey, everyone. I intended to write today, but computer received this nasty spyware worm thingy and it took until nearly 9 p.m. to get rid of it, so the day was wasted. Hopefully I'll get something up this weekend before I move back to school. Sorry!

13. BloodRaven77

Dec 19, 2005
    *winces* ouch! thats definately not a good thing! *kicks your computer and waits eagerly for update*

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Thirteen

Everything hit too fast. The swirling, dark turmoil of pain, her only awareness, gradually eased its pulsing under soft, white-gold warmth. Then the nightmare?only it hadn?t been a nightmare?and this acute, screaming reality and him?the warmth, the white gold?he was real, those fastening blue eyes were real, and then she knew, then she could measure, and then the physicality jerked her and the nightmare darkened because it was real?

Sabé hissed, cradling her pounding head. It had been real?it was real. The slashing saber still burned through her, the screams still rattled her lungs, and Skywalker?s eyes bled red. And his voice, throbbing, raw and bloodied from pain and hate, still raged through her mind.

? . . . Sabé . . .?

Obi-Wan.

Instinct warred in her. The only comfort . . . warmth and tranquility, soothing. But no, she must not forget herself, she must grasp?but it hurt.

?Sabé??

She breathed shallowly, trying to stave the pain, trying to calm down. Grasp, latch?steady, steady. The hold?Skywalker?agony?how much time??Force, it hurt!

?Sabé . . . Are you all right??

His voice, so tentatively spoken, clambered through her ears, rattling her bruised head. She winced. Reach out through the Force?hide from it? Squint?let it in slowly. She was on the floor, tangled in something, still in the hold with Obi-Wan kneeling beside her.

?Sabé? How . . . how do you feel??

Something lit.

?Like someone took a blaster to my head,? Sabé gritted out, turning toward Obi-Wan. ?How do you think??

Something akin to relief flashed in his eyes. ?At least you?re in good humor.?

She managed a glare before knitting at her forehead, as if to force the pain out with her fingertips. Focus, focus . . . pulsating, burning, Skywalker?no, the hold, hostage, cold?Obi-Wan, he was speaking, but it hurt to listen, to process his constrained, level words. Focus?the here and the now, so one could reach the future, so actions and consequences could be taken and accounted. Yes. But she was so cold, and the white-gold had been so warm . . .

?Here.?

Sabé blinked and lifted her head as Obi-Wan, so close?closer than she?d realized?reached toward her, tugging on something entangled with her. It felt familiar, warm, as he pulled it up around her shivering shoulders. She could only stare, numb with chill even as the nightmare still burned inside. Obi-Wan paused, his hands at her shoulders, perhaps feeling the cold.

Or searching.

She suddenly saw before, her hand reaching for his face, and jerked away. Pressing her back into the far corner, she pulled the comforting cloth tightly around, tucking her knees up and locking her arms around them. Defensive. Fetal. But she could not think of anything else, could not do anything else until her wits returned, until she could breathe properly. Behind her tangled hair, she peeked the Jedi watching her intently. No. Obi-Wan looked wretched. Older and weary, his eyes greyer, his frown formless and lost. She could see them kneeling at the reactor pit. Just them, no slain Jedi Master, nothing. Obi-Wan kneeling, lost in time and place, lost within and without. Or was that her? And he was just there, silent and waiting?

She looked away and shivered again.

?Sabé??

?How long?? she croaked.

?Sorry??

She stared across the hold, away from him. ?How long??

Sabé sensed Obi-Wan shift. ?Days.?

The word passed tentatively through her mind, soaking into her consciousness. She let her eyes fall to her brown-cloaked knees, easing the strain of processing even a blank wall. The tried, clipped voice of her training admonished her lack of focus, her inability to assess herself. No?her fear. Did Skywalker break her shields? She could not tell. Focus and searching, simply dipping inward would answer that. But it hurt too much. Too many things?and not all her own (and those were enough).

Sabé focused on the physical warmth, the thing Obi-Wan had wrapped around her.

15. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    YES! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Obi-Wan knows that the brat married the Senator and slaughtered the Tuskens! Finally!

Though, poor Obi-Wan... :( It really does suck to be him. His Padawan is on the verge of the dark side and he's married as well. This puts him in a precarious position. He can either tell the Council everything, or he can protect Anakin. Either way, he's going to lose something, whether it be Anakin or his own self-respect.

?You?ve never been in love! You nothing about it!?

?No, Anakin.? Sabé looked at Obi-Wan, as something she?d never heard before knotted his voice. ?I have. But I am a Jedi.?

*whimpers* Yes he does know, doesn't he? :( :_| *huggles Obi-Wan* Poor brave wonderful Jedi... [:D]

Excellent post, Amidolee! Definitely worth the wait! :) =D= =D= I'm still all for the brat and his wife getting what they deserve. *glares at the brat and is wife*

Outstanding job! :)

AQ

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    *mumbles curses at Anakin*

Woo hoo for Sabé!

And YAY for Obi/Sabe action (of sorts!)

Great job! And WOO HOO! Sabe got Anakin to admit what happened! Way to go!

Great job, M'dear! :D

17. BloodRaven77

Dec 19, 2005
    That has to be one of your finest chapters yet. Wow the fire and brimstone of this scene just blew me away =D *dies in joy*

Wow...damn...

*Hugs poor Obi-Wan and Sabe* Man I feel so bad for them =(

18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Glad you liked the post! :) AngelQueen, I love it when you call for Lil Ani's blood. [face_devil] It fills me with warm fuzzies! Definitely sucks to be Obi-Wan right now ::gives him huggles::

Coming Soon . . .
    - Pleasant Times at the Jedi Temple
    - Another Day, Another Cell
    - Count Dooku Hams It Up
    - Too Much Angry Estrogen For One Room

19. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Warm fuzzies, is it? Hmm... *rushes to the door and starts calling for a good, old-fashioned hangin' of a murderin' scalleywag of a Padawan*

[face_batting] [face_batting]

Pleasant Times at the Jedi Temple... Oh boy, why do I have a feeling that's a misnomer?

Another Day, Another Cell... *snorts* Perhaps Sabé can think up some decoration ideas to starve off the boredom.

Count Dooku Hams It Up... *chokes with laughter* [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Plot complication, I think? Or does the good Count decide to pursue a career on the stage? ;)

Too Much Angry Estrogen For One Room... Ooooo... Sounds like the brat's wife and the ex-handmaiden are in for a reunion... *rubs hands together gleefully* Please let Sabé kick her butt! [face_praying]

Everything sounds like much fun! Can't wait! :D

AQ

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Oh WOW. You did a great job with the different points of view.

21. Senator_Lorena

Senator_Lorena Jedi Master star 2

Oct 21, 2003
    Great job with the twist in the story!

Now, what will happen now that Obi-Wan knows Anakin's secrets?

22. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Hum. that's strange. I could have sworn I replied earlier... hmmm, I shall reconstruct...

I'm sensing a change in Sabe's personality. No longer so cold, so closed... her shields are down, and she's... almost like the way she used to be.

Well, plus incredibly vulnerable, which is to be expected.

So... kenobi in on brat's movements now. This is interesting. Better than Palpy finding out first... yet potentially more dangerous. Hmmm...

Duuude.... Padme? Could it be? COULD IT BE??? OH YEAH, BABY! Confrontation time!

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I got behind! I'm so sorry! I can't wait to catch up! :D

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    A/N: Thanks for the replies, everyone! Look, it's a post, and in just under a week from the last one! Are you impressed? You should be, because I've had a rotten day and am in a foul mood mostly due to sphere exercises and school expenses and I'm so bloody sick of trips to Wal-Mart to further my poorness and buy into the American college system. (Which means I've had to pass on the wonderful annual sidewalk sale at the mall! :() Woe. Anyway, I almost killed the characters today, which is a good thing, because it would be hard for the story to continue. I mean, then it would have to be about Anakin or something, and that just can't happen. Oddly enough, this post has cheered me up a bit for all the trouble it gave me the past three nights (it's been a bad week in general).

Sorry to rant. Please read, and hopefully enjoy! :)

Chapter Fourteen

Usually upon real-spacing into Coruscant?s arrival sector after a long, trying mission, Obi-Wan Kenobi knew he should feel as if he?d never been so relieved to see the glittering, metallic planet. Sitting behind Anakin in a crash seat, Obi-Wan could only contemplate the ill sensation in his stomach. Yes, relief was to be felt. The long journey from the Outer Rim to Coruscant, logistically fraught, should?ve ushered anticipation for his feet to be on solid permacrete again. Unfortunately, solidity formed impending doom. Probably.

Obi-Wan rubbed his beard, watching silently as Anakin studiously reset the Lorian?s engines for planetary approach and monitored the information from Coruscant traffic control. A Jedi signature allowed them express clearance, but guidelines still existed and their passage could not be disruptive to the million-count traffic flickering all around the system. Of course, Obi-Wan admitted grimly, Anakin?s diligence had nothing to do with air traffic regulations (which he merrily bypassed on occasion).

Tension hummed along Anakin?s broad but lanky frame, pitching the line of his bent neck. The strain between them was palpable, calling for an ancient knife-slicing truism. If only it were that easy, Obi-Wan thought.

The journey?s last leg after Sabé awoke could not be called progressive, yet Obi-Wan felt the ship was already running on too much pessimism to label it regressive. Sabé?s revelation had a controlling effect on Anakin. Never could Obi-Wan recall such obedience since Anakin?s early days. His apprentice had meditated and emerged in a strange, almost unnatural calm. It did not feel quite right, everything in his presence felt too taut, but Anakin had answered Obi-Wan?s questions. Short answers, yes, but answers nonetheless. The worse part of finally getting some truth out of his Padawan set Obi-Wan in a twisted, awkward position. The facts were grotesque and appalling; with all his heart, he did not want to believe them. But the pain, unable to be completely buried, wrenched at the Jedi Knight. It did not feel right to fling himself on either side of the matter, yet this vacillation disturbed Obi-Wan. Compromise was one thing, as was an open mind, but this unwillingness was unbecoming a Jedi and a great failure on his part.

And somehow he?d failed Anakin. It was too arrogant to say Anakin?s failure was entirely Obi-Wan?s fault, but the Jedi knew he accounted for some of it. The responsibility to train Anakin had been his, but maybe, Obi-Wan thought, maybe he should not have fought the Council for it. He had been too young, too inexperienced, and Anakin was too old, had experienced too much.

The heaviness grew on Obi-Wan, as if part of Coruscant?s strengthening gravity as the Lorian drew nearer. The planet was now an easily observed sphere in a cloud of starship running lights and emissions. Although he yearned for this journey?s end, Obi-Wan did not mind the possibility of exploding in space before they reached the Jedi Temple.

Sometimes the easiest solution really was the best.

Obi-Wan stood quietly, pushing the dark notion away. Anakin acknowledged the movement with a slight turn

25. BloodRaven77

Dec 19, 2005
    *GUH!!* Oh this is so perfectly wonderful I can't even find the words to express it. Her last line jsut knocked me on my ass! It is so so so SABE that it hurts!! *melts* these two are bloody amazing! =D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.