main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga One Prick to Bleed - an AU beginning in AotC (Obi, Ani, Sabe, Yoda) - Mar. 1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amidolee, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Padmé's complaining about the Jedi again. *grins* I suppose it helps ease the tension for her, and it is rather amusing. ;)

So, Sabé's preparing for her assassination of Anakin. I wonder if she'll go through it. What will happen? Will it be that by the time she gets there, she witnesses Anakin and Padmé's marriage ceremony and the Force prods her to stop and let them be? *is especially curious*

Great post, Amidolee!! :D Much going on! :)

AQ

2. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Poor Amidolee! Hope you're feeling better!

Love the post! Glad to see a more lighthearted view of the "Old Sabe," to know that she wasn't always that sad... hmmm, her methods of persuasion on this mission seem almost... dark Side...

3. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    AngelQueen - Um, yes but no. :p The honeymoon will end . . . [face_thinking]

bobill - I should probably explain it within the post. Sabe's Force abilities are rather limited. She doesn't have the power to mind whammy, so sometimes she needs to temporarily knock someone out to get by. ;) As for Dark Side . . . well, this is a darker Sabe than in her decoy days. I'll leave the answer open for now. :p

VaderLVR - Glad to make ya nervous! :)

I am feeling better now, thanks. :) It's more discomfort than pain. I still can't believe they squished all that gauze into my sockets. The biggest drawback is that everything tastes odd. Oh well.

I hope this story isn't lagging for y'all. Stuff will happen. I promise. [face_dancing]

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You did a great job conveying the underlying anxiety and nervousness

5. Yui-chan

Yui-chan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    In a weird way, I almost feel bad for the future!Sabé, past!Sabé seems so young in comparison. :(

Good work! Up!

6. MasterSareBabe

MasterSareBabe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2004
    It's very interesting to switch times. Keeps me on my toes and we learn so much in each update. Sabe has so much character, I cannot help but like her! [face_love]

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Ack! I'm really sorry, people, I don't have a post yet. I'm back at work and the boss seems to be making up for lost time. :( And I'm still having my sockets repacked, so when I'm not at work or going to the doc, I'm not really up to writing. It'll be a couple more days. :(

Sorry,
    Em

8. Senator_Lorena

Senator_Lorena Jedi Master star 2

Oct 21, 2003
    Another good post.

I, too, am wondering if she will go through with the plan. Or I wonder if she is capable. She's better trained than Anakin, but ... I am eager to find out.

Glad you're feeling better. Good thing wisdom teeth don't grow back. ;)

9. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Wow, I did not expect such a long delay between posts! I wrote this just tonight. Also realized a couple of days before I forgot to put a sort of Sabe-philosophy bit into the beginning of the last post on the river, and I considered editing and reworking it in, but I think I'll place it elsewhere, because my attempts to do so were not of the good.

Chapter Six

A distant, low whine floated over the lapping water, drawing old Coran?s eyes into the glistening heat over the lake. Distances were blurry now, but his ears deciphered the craft approaching. He shrugged his hunched shoulders and knuckled the brim of his floppy hat upward. It would be a few more minutes, no need to rush.

His chapped hands shucked the long, thick vegetable in his hands, the silken fibers dropping to the growing pile at his feet. Sweat trickled down his temples, slipping into his ears, irritating him. Coran rubbed his left ear against his shoulder. Telmé would be here soon, basket on her hip, to collect the silk. She would lament over stolen time, but Coran knew behind her rough, grouchy words, she had been impressed and excited by the young couple?s brief time on the verandah. And, no doubt, she had been just as pleased with last night?s communication. No doubt, indeed, she had poor Evvé cooking delicious treats Coran would never be allowed to touch.

Coran stopped mid-shuck.

His beady, aging eyes sought the gondola nearing this northeastern shore. It flashed under the high, late morning sun. No one was expected until the afternoon . . . They could not have reached Balmay from Thasyin so soon, unless they traveled by night . . .

The old lake master dropped his chore and shuffled out of his shady perch on the dock?s crest. Curiosity more than alarm glittered in his dark eyes. The gondola slowed as it neared the dock, and Coran could see it was a smaller craft. A lone figure sat at the helm.

?Lok?hai,? he uttered.

Telmé will love this, Coran thought as he entered the dock hut. The dock?s computer twittered alertly, its main screen focused on the gondola now gliding smoothly to a stop. This unexpected arrival had hailed him upon entering the Great Mouth two hours ago, but he had been enjoying his mid-morning pipe and soaking in the rising heat as the sun finally topped the mountains.

No matter.

Coran left the hut and shuffled down to the dock. Oh, Telmé would love this indeed. Lok?hai, here! How long had it been? At least it was Lok?hai and not someone expecting a grand holiday getaway, not now, not with those two due up from Thasyin!

?Hallo!? he called when he reached the gondola.

The lone figure was standing motionlessly at the prow. Although he had not seen one in years, Coran knew a Lok?hai when he saw one. The religion tended to wax and wan among the Naboo, sometimes emerging as the new vogue for the young. He had never really understood it, only knew it had something to do with self-placement, meditation, and lots of inward thinking and outward flowing or some other nonsense. This one, like the others that used to come up here, was clad head to toe in solemn, earthy green so faded it could almost be gray. A thin veil covered her face, blurring her features except for her eyes, which watched him with utter calm.

?Hallo,? Coran said again, knuckling his forehead. ?I s?pose you?ve taken that vow of silence, then??

The hooded head nodded once.

?Right, right.? Coran shifted a bit. He never liked that about the Lok?hai. They were easy guests for a lake master, being so quiet and isolated and respectful, but it made him feel a little foolish. At least the Vowed Ones were allowed to whisper to the common folk when need be.

?Well, come on out,? he said. ?I wasn?t expecting you, but your lot aren?t any trouble.?

The Lok?hai, so still and motionless, seemed to dissolve into fluid as she stepped up onto the dock. She was so small, almost like a child. But Coran had never seen a child with those eyes. They watched him from beneath her hood, large a

10. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    :eek:

Actress Sabe really plays it well! I love your OCs; Coran's such a funny little gossip! Hehe, I like how you worked the villagers' reactions toward the Senator's wedding... not so hush-hush, eh?

Hehe, this update made my day! Gee, can't wait until the climax!

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    very nice little look at the behind the scenes of the "secret" wedding

12. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Wow... lovely post, Amidolee! :) Coran is so sweet! :D His gossiping is rather endearing, really. And his instincts concerning Sabé were so bittersweet! He senses that something is not completely well with her. And all the little bits of background information on the wedding was wonderful as well! It gives it even more depth and meaning than it had in the movie.

And the tension mounts. Excellent job! :)

AQ

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Glad y'all enjoyed that! :) I'll try to have another post up this weekend.

Yeah, for a secret wedding, Padme had a really nice dress and picked quite the honey moon spot, didn't she? And for all that hiding out, she and Ani had plenty of servants around to feed them and carry their bags, and honestly quite the, erm, wardrobe for hiding. :rolleyes: Whatever, Padme, whatever . . .

:p On a happy note: I ate Lucky Charms for breakfast!!

Oh, and 26 days til I go to England!!!!!

14. MasterSareBabe

Dec 11, 2004
    Interesting! And don't feel bad about taking so long to post...it happens to the best of us. ;) Look forward to more as always!

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    The next post is in the works. I'm now unemployed (YAYAYAYA!!) for the first time since 16, which is so great, and this means more time for writing! And life. Which may interfere with writing. :p I'm aiming for tomorrow, and I'm thinking of giving y'all both a present post and a flasback. :)

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, the first part didn't go as well as I would have liked, but the second kinda got away on me today. :p Is a flashback within a flashback legal?

She had pulled the night?s fog inward, woven it into a tight, impenetrable veil around her.

Naboo filled the air, was the very breath of the breeze. If she stretched out with her senses, they would hum with its day song, warm and lush with just a hint of crispness. But she did not stretch out from her veil. Coolly she acknowledged the passing of her birth home somewhere in the dark, clouded night. But Naboo was no longer her home, and, like all things, the emotion it held should pass.

She was separate. Behind the veil.

Eyes fastened far across the glittering lake on the south passage, Sabé sat cross-legged under the protective shroud of arching trees and bushes masking this look-out point over the lake. Her mind clicked rapidly over all she had learned from the talkative lake master. Somewhere under the cold, solid veil, something simmered. She acknowledged it coolly for what it was, but would not let it rise.

Calm, cool, and collected.

Sabé drew her palm-sized visual comlink from her belt and activated it. As she waited for Yoda to respond, she smirked at the wonders of Jedi technology and efficiency. Simple, practical, and unassuming in appearance, Jedi belts could compactly store a plethora of gadgets and capsules needed on diplomatic missions that often took a more aggressive turn. The comlink resting in her palm could only be activated by a Force-sensitive, and its signal, wonderfully, was very difficult to trace (no signal, she knew, was completely untraceable).

The small device vibrated almost imperceptibly and then a blue flicker appeared above the flat surface. The little static cloud formed into a miniature Master Yoda, though his eyes seemed as large and unblinking as ever.

?Sabé.?

?Master.?

Sabé knew she could not hesitate, could not conceal anything. ?I am on Naboo waiting for the Senator and Skywalker to arrive. There is a complication.?

She took a deep breath.

?They are to be married.?

The holo flickered. Yoda?s long ears rose, his eyes widened. For a long moment, he said nothing, and then, finally, he raked his long, sharp claws through his wispy mane.

?Know this, how do you??

He was not doubting her word, Sabé knew. ?The lake master told me. It is supposed to be a secret, but the keepers of Balmay are rather open about it. The master of ceremonies arrived just before I did. Skywalker and the Senator are due in two hours. They are to be married at sunset.?

She tried to keep any derision from her voice. Sunset, honestly! Had the Senator completely lost her mind? Marrying a Jedi, to whom marriage and love was strictly forbidden? Not only that, but trying to conduct a secret wedding in romantic fashion when the Republic was going to war? Incredible. Just absolutely incredible.

The lurking something stirred like a twitching tail.

She would have to tell Yoda.

The Jedi Master let out a sigh and looked up at her.

?Right, Obi-Wan was,? he sighed. ?Cautioned the Council against Skywalker?s attachment to the Queen. Too eager to place confidence in him, the Council was.?

Sabé understood Yoda?s meaning. Although she never dealt with the Jedi Council, she knew of its divided stance on Anakin Skywalker, Chosen One or not. This division manifested in reservation, seeming to the unruly Padawan as if the Council were against him. In an act of goodwill to settle ruffled feathers, and perhaps giving in to the pro-Skywalker members of the Council, the Jedi leaders had granted him a solo mission and great responsibility of protecting the Senator.

They had overcompensated.

?Master,? Sabé said quietly, as Yoda seemed to be lost in thought. ?Where does my order stand??

Yoda blinked meditatively at her. ?Trusted, he cannot be. Broken his oath, he has. Murdered first. Now falling from the Jedi, Skywalker is.?

Sabé closed her eyes. So be it. [/i

17. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    ?I must be honest, Master,? she said, opening her eyes. Although her voice was void of emotion, she could feel it quivering somewhere deep. ?I am not certain I can complete this task with the Senator present. I want to believe I can, but I . . . I fear my emotions may interfere.?

Oooh, more Ami/Sabe angst! Love it... I really did want to see those two's reaction, though, when Sabe kils Anakin while he's taking his vows...

I love Sabe's derision at Ami, though. It's getting clear that Sabe doesn't approve of this looser person Padme's become.

And, of course, I love watching Sabe yell at Panaka and Kenobi... he should dock her pay.

18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    LOL, bobilll, as much as that would be to do . . .

Don't worry, toxic darts will be flying in this story. ;)

19. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    ?Is there anything else, Jedi Kenobi?? she all but snapped.

Oh, yes, there was a flash of blue triumph.

*giggles slightly* Ah, battle of the wills! Obi vs. Sabé! *laughs*

Great post, Amidolee! :D So, Yoda still wants her to kill him... Will she end up following him throughout the Clone Wars, but keeps hesitating for different reasons? And hesitates until the twins are conceived?

Again, wonderful job! :)

AQ

20. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    No, no, AngelQueen, that would be a REALLY long story.

Let's say that Sabe has the follow-through but things are not going to go according to plan?

21. Senator_Lorena

Senator_Lorena Jedi Master star 2

Oct 21, 2003
    Obi-Wan suspects something. I've always wondered if he did.

Can't wait to see what course of action Sabe takes!

22. MasterSareBabe

Dec 11, 2004
    Oh, and waiting.

I like that line. :D

I am officially a Sabe fan! Hahaha! This story's terrific. I love going behind the scenes during the movies. You describe Sabe's character so well.

Then serve your posterior out of here.

AHAHAHAHAHA! [face_laugh]

23. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    *drags self onto forum*

Oh. My. God.

I hate computers.

More specifically: I hate Windows Media Maker.

I also strongly dislike my obsession with making music videos of my fandoms (HP and SW, also Spiderman, X-Men, and Seabiscuit). But it's fun when it goes well. And I say unpleasant things when it does not.

Anyway, it's 2:09 a.m. (again and again, but hey, it's not 4 this time!), I just finished one of my best vids ever, and I think I went officially over to the dark side for it. Oh well. It happens. I'm not very coherent right now, and I definitely plan on sleeping in tomorrow and ignoring my wait-list of vids.

Things have been busy the past couple of days, including a major plot bunny explosion for this story that would really take this to dark and interesting places (I think my characters will hate me, but Sidious seems to think it's cool). So, between life and vidding, I've been turning over this bunny in my head. I will write tomorrow and hopefully have a post up by Sunday before I visit my dad for a few days. I'll bring the computer so I can get something done in my (ha ha) free time.

Originally, I'd hoped to have this fic completed before I left for England (18 days!), but that is HIGHLY improbable, unless I get the momentum of earlier days. But never fear, I'll continue to write my (ha ha) spare time over there. :p

Okay, this is babble. I should go to bed.

Oh, and:

MasterSareBabe - *glomp* Yay! [face_dancing]
    Senator Lorena - Oh, he so suspects something. ;)

Coming Soon: The not-so-secret secret wedding. Will the wedding cake be in danger?!

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Seven

The sun was beginning to dip below the mountaintops by the time a medium-sized gondola bumped up against the dock. Coran, Telmé, and two house servants stood waiting on the dock, an air of expectancy and excitement glittering around them. On the steps leading to the house, the robed master of ceremonies and another villager watched. No one noticed the Lok?hai monk crouched in the foliage above the dock; no one had seen her for some hours now and more intriguing things were unfolding in full sight, anyway.

Upon spotting the gondola?s approach, Sabé had moved closer to the dock, slipping deeper into the shadow game. Now her keen senses could intrude on the mutterings of the Balmays and observe minute details without strain.

Amber light glinted off the silvery casing of a battered protocol droid preening under a fresh polish. Beside it, squat but active, a familiar astromech twittered and whistled as its dome head swiveled around. They sat together behind two humans, looking like two bickering children in this family gondola.

Sabé had braced herself for this moment, had meditated the hours away, had focused her mind and drained herself of emotion.

Anakin Skywalker stood out of the gondola, his tall, lean frame shrouded in a dark, almost black robe and leather vest. His right hand winked metallically, flashing briefly to the barely stifled gasps and whispers from the watching entourage. Something like pain twisted across his tan face and then the skeletal hand disappeared inside his sleeve. He turned back to the gondola, his left hand extended to the small woman awaiting him.

A fist went through Sabé?s gut. Grasping and wrenching it in a tight vice.

Amidala rose out of the gondola, radiant under sunset?s glow, a brilliant smile lighting her face as she gazed adoringly up at Skywalker.

It filled Sabé with ice.

Last she?d seen of Amidala had been her retreating back. The last time Sabé had seen her face, her eyes were cold, hard, and unforgiving. The last smile heartless and calculating.

Sabé?s fingers twitched on the little dart gun.

?My personal happiness has nothing to do with this.?

The former Queen, beautiful as ever, stood on the dock, her hand lost in Skywalker?s as she turned to give her reception a gracious smile. They were her court. She wore a two-piece wrap set of sky blue, the jewels of her hair ribbons sparkling subtly, dancing with the shine in her eyes. She kept turning to Skywalker, each look giddy and a little wild.

?It is a wonder to see you again, m?lady,? Coran said warmly, bowing to her. ?And you, Jedi Skywalker,? he added, though Sabé detected a hint of reserve in the old man?s voice. The smile did not quite reach his eyes, a wariness touched his weathered features. But he plowed on. ?We?ve got everything ready, just like you requested.?

?Thank you, Coran,? Amidala said, her voice floating softly but clearly over the dock.

Telmé stepped forward, a clean apron covering her skirts. ?May I escort you to the house? Coran and the others will see to your luggage. Evvé is waiting to help you.?

Skywalker and Amidala began to sweep down the dock as Coran and the others moved toward the gondola?s back cargo compartment. The nervous cry of the protocol droid brought everyone to an abrupt halt.

?Oh, Master Anakin, sir!?

?Oh?Threepio.? Skywalker whirled around, his cloak adding drama to the simple movement. ?Sorry, Threepio,? he said quietly. He dropped Amidala?s hand and extended his fingers.

The protocol droid let out a little ?ahh!? as it rose smoothly out of the passenger carriage to settle onto the dock. R2-D2 twittered amusedly and fired his launchers, shooting straight up and then arcing gracefully to thump down beside his taller companion.

?Show-off,? Threepio scolded.

R2-D2?s response was disturbingly close to a giggle. He rolled forward and Threepio tottered after him toward Skywalker.

?Really, Master Anakin,? it said, ?I appreciate your assistance, but I wish you would not do such thing

25. Yui-chan

Yui-chan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    Oh, the droids! How I love them.

Gyaaah, I wanted Sabé to kill him. SO MUCH.

Yay for updates! May there be more fic writers like you! [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.