main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph One Thread To Rule Them All: The Rings of Power + The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings Trilogies

Discussion in 'Community' started by -Courtney-, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    But that's still in the EE.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    If you take powerful hallucinogenic drugs it isn't.

3. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    True, but the way it was worded in the TC, particularly without any other statements given, made it sound like Gondor was ruled by the Stewards for the entire 3000 year gap between Isildur's death and Aragorn's coronation.

In the ROTK EE, on the other hand, one of the new scenes where Gandalf and Pippin are talking on the walls of Minas Tirith after their arrival implies that Kings ruled in Gondor for some time after Isildur's death; it wasn't until later on that "the line of Kings failed," as Gandalf said. Denethor's statement that he was "Steward of the House of Anarion" in another new scene where he and Faramir are heading to the Tomb of the Stewards also lends support to this.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Got the Blu Ray versions of the EE, quality is sick :cool:

5. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    Extended Edition all the way. Looking forward for the EE of the AUJ, even thou is only 13 minutes of extra footage

TX-20 likes this.
  6. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    yeah, it's still going to be so much better. more time in Middle-Earth, yo.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Agreed

One scene I'm looking forward to seeing is when Bilbo is visiting the Sword of Narsil

vinsanity likes this.
  8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I think I'm going to wait until they release The Hobbit: Abridged Edition.

Bacon164 and Havac like this.
  9. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    But is that really any better? That just leaves us with an EE which is internally inconsistent.

I'm not sure that makes any difference; he's the steward in either edition. That says nothing about when the line of kings failed or whether or not the last king was Isildur.

10. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    I'm not sure if it has already been shared, but...

Behold the beauties of Middle-Earth as extolled by none other than Thorin Oakenshield himself:

I swear, Richard Armitage could read me the bloody phonebook, and I'd still be spellbound. And now, what with telling tales of warrior princesses and ancient caves, his voice fairly makes my heart go all aflutter.

Cheers,
    Lauré :)

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Well I see they've renamed New Zealand.

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Tunsia and New Zealand, two places my inner nerd must see.

Mortimer Snerd and vinsanity like this.
  13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I did a scale thingy many pages back. Here's a bit more help for your eye candy needs. This is a quick vid about restoring the movie prop of Vermithrax from Dragonslayer with a nice shot of a person standing by the 8 foot head.

14. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I was so let down by Jackson's first Hobbit behemoth that all I can hope for with #2 is it turns out to be a comparatively self-contained dragon movie, allowing me to disregard the bookends. (Because I just know he's going to expand the Battle of the Five Armies to absolute ruination.)

It's probably not popular to say so around here, but with every bloated, cumbersome blockbuster, I find myself admiring Lucas's Revenge of the Sith all the more. One of the leanest, most disciplined popcorn movies of the past decade.

Bacon164 likes this.
  15. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Speaking of Dragonslayer. Almost the definition of restraint and taut stoytelling relative to Unexpected Journey.

16. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I especially admire the discipline on display in the "posse" scene.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Dragonslayer might be story cliche but hardly film cliche. It is a very underrated movie.

18. vinsanity

Jan 28, 2013
  19. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
    A very happy birthday to our Hobbit extraordinaire, Martin Freeman.

May he have many more unexpected adventures, and may he live as full and joyous a life as Bilbo Baggins. I wish him a restful day, with a party celebrated with close friends and family, free of interlopers such as the Sackville-Bagginses.

Cheers,

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    From that link Vinsanity posted -- notice anything unusual?
    [​IMG]

Kili -- What is he doing there? Are they trying to say something here? "Look, the hawtest dwarf pitted alongside the hawtest elf! Both with bows! Ladies come see this film!!!1"

....or it's that Kili rumor vindicated. Which it probably is.

21. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    What's the Kili rumor?

22. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
    The Kili rumour is that he'll have just a wee bit of a crush on Tauriel. What's more unclear is whether or not it will be reciprocated.
    A Dwarf-Elf romance may not be strictly canon, but Middle-Earth has seen many stranger things, so who knows what will happen in the movie?

Cheers,

23. vinsanity

Jan 28, 2013
    there's so many thing happening in these movies, i think doing a romance just going to take away the more important stuff, i don't know, it's seems so forced trying to recreate another aragorn/arwen romance, i don't think these movies needs it

24. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Hmm thanks for your reply. Tauriel's a completely new character, yes? Then really I have no idea how to feel about this then.

25. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I have heard this rumor so many times this past year that I think I should have encountered the actual source of it by now. But it's always "I heard".

I don't know, Kili and Tauriel are both adults, they can do whatever they want, life is short.