main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph One Thread To Rule Them All: The Rings of Power + The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings Trilogies

Discussion in 'Community' started by -Courtney-, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    This worries me slightly... [face_worried]
    Obviously, "HFR version only in the USA" is not true, as there are dozens of cinemas in Canada, Australia, NZ and Norway (there's even one in friggin' Estonia!) that have confirmed showing the Hobbit in 48 fps. Now I'm worried and confused. [face_waiting]

2. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    They had a worldwide post, but it was deleted....hmm...it did have other countries on it, too. I wonder why they got rid of it.

3. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Is it possible that HFR 3D is merely a brand name that has only been adopted for U.S. markets under the belief that the words "48 frames per second" hang under a cloud of controversy?

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Well I would imagine that the New Zealand showings would have it in 48fps.

And I bought my tickets! And we're doing the Extended Edition Marathon as well!

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    A second cinema in the UK is on that list, now. At least, on the list linked to above. One in Bristol (although their website doesn't confirm it). I continue to hope that this is just a case of lousy organisation.

This is really annoying.

6. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    When does the Extended Edition of An Unexpected Journey (AUJ) come out? :-B

7. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Blu-ray and DVD - Christmas 2013, I expect.

8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I was kidding, Dr. Serious.

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    That was a hilarious... joke (?).

10. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
  11. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    A new TV clip with extended Bag End scenes:

It still says HFR 3D at the end, and there's still no confirmation of cinemas showing it in that format except in Liverpool and Bristol. Aaaargh!

12. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    And the actual video. :D :D :D I can't wait for that whole Bag End sequence. Poor Bilbo. :p

And a lovely new pic of Fili and Thorin (yep, can definitely see the family resemblance...):

[​IMG]

And more pics from the Visual Companion. :)

MrZAP likes this.
  13. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Those eyes! They slay me! [face_blush][face_love]

Cheers,
    Lauré :)

14. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    We're at the point where I am not watching any more trailers or commercials. I want to be surprised.

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    The female elves (looks like Imladris)... their skirts... it's just hurting my soul. They're too poofy and layered. I miss the simple by elegant lines of the original films. :(

[​IMG]

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Ugh, Arclight today listed its midnight showing and for some reason it's playing everywhere but Hollywood... ??? I'm assuming they'll have screening and just haven't finalized it yet, but c'mon guys. Also the only one of their locations showing it 2D at midnight is La Jolla. Which doesn't help me :p

17. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Why does it look like Fili and Thorin are wandering around Rohan?

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  18. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
  19. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Take this discussion to the "Complain About First World Problems" thread -- the nearest IMAX (regardless of offered frame rate) theater for me is 3 hours away in Vienna. Ironically, right across the street from where I used to live and saw ROTS.

:mad:[face_frustrated]

EDIT: Just checked E's link, the theater I was referring to is not the one listed as having HFR. Not that it matters.

20. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Since a picture is worth a thousand words -- the IMAX wasteland I am surrounded by

[​IMG]

21. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    And you know what's rich? That this website confirms ODEON IMAX in Manchester, yet Odeon's own website still has the "HFR cinemas haven't been confirmed yet" note. [face_frustrated]

And yankee8255, the reason why I'm going to London is because I want to see the Hobbit in 48 fps in 3D, and I know that Prague (the nearest IMAX to me) won't have it in that format. Well, there are other reasons now ( [face_love] ), but this was the original one. And now even that is threatened, since they still haven't confirmed any cinema in London showing it in 48 fps. Hmph.

Oh well, let's have something more pleasant:

On this site you can listen to the excerpts from all the tracks on the Special Edition soundtrack! :D Click on the blue "voir toutes les pistes" to uncover Disk 2, and if you click on "écouter" next to the first track, it should play them all in a row (obviously you can pick and choose, anyway).

Blunt the Knives = :D :D :D
    Misty Mountains = [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

And I love hearing all the familiar motifs - Concerning Hobbits, Rivendell's theme, Galadriel's theme, Gollum's theme... [face_love]

The "Song of the Lonely Mountain" (at the end, featuring "the singer of the film", male this time) will take some time to get used to, though. I'm not saying it's bad, but my immediate first reaction was "what the hell?" :p Also the fact that the excerpt began somewhere in the middle didn't help either, it was a bit jarring.

And four new banner posters:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Everton likes this.
  22. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Mar17swgirl Not sure where in Slovakia you live, but Vienna is't too far from Bratislava, the Donauplex 13 has it in HFR according to the link.

23. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I'm in Kosice, in the east, and getting to Vienna would be more complicated for me than getting to Prague, paradoxically. But thanks. :)

24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Last one of those posters is okay. Don't care for the other three.

25. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I really like the party one myself.