main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph One Thread To Rule Them All: The Rings of Power + The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings Trilogies

Discussion in 'Community' started by -Courtney-, Nov 25, 2006.

1. DarthNotsonice

DarthNotsonice Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2005
    God****it,those money-grubbing ****ers at Time Warner,ruin good television and stifle good movies ! [face_frustrated]

2. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Oh gosh I will be majorly sad if The Hobbit doesn't get made. [face_worried]

3. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I hope it gets sorted soon so Del Toro can get to work on At The Mountains of Madness sooner rather than later.

4. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Bingo. Let's stop the excuse making. You can look forward to this and admit it's a flat out money grab at the same time.

So count me as skeptical but nevertheless in line.

5. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I think that lawsuit is pretty old news actually. I don't think there's anything to worry about.

6. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I agree. I swear it's like this movie is cursed. All I want is a well made Hobbit movie, is that too much to ask?

7. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    apparently.

i'll honestly be shocked if either of these ever get made.

8. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    I'm actually kind of hoping the movie doesn't get made if they're gonna try to make it without Ian Holm. When I heard they were casting for the part of Bilbo I was like :eek: . I mean, was I the only person who thought they would hve Hol, and trhen just reuse the one scene of him finding the ring, literally using the stock footage from TotR? That would have been awseome. With that scene existing, it's just stupid recasting Bilbo, especially with the de-aging CGI we have around today.

Slimy!

9. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    yea... that kinda messes it up even more...

10. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    Actually in the case of Ian Holm, I believe Ian himself said he wasn't interested in reprising the role. He's getting up there in years and he said that he wouldn't be up for this kind of action packed role again. I wish I had a link to the interview but I know I read it somewhere. Probably at TORN.

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  12. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    We really need to edit the title of this thread to reflect reality... :p

13. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    Seriously. When I saw it just now I instantly got excited thinking that Del Toro backed out and PJ stepped in. Then reality hit me...again. :(

14. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/3465437/Sir-Ian-McKellen-back-for-a-spell

One of the stars of the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy is poised to return to the Hobbiton set in Matamata.

The cast for executive producer Peter Jackson's film, The Hobbit, has yet to be officially announced.

But British actor Sir Ian McKellen ? best known for his role as Gandalf in the Rings sword and sorcery epic ? said on his website that he would reprise the role of the grey-haired wizard and expected shooting to begin this June.

There's hope for this movie after all. :D

15. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    well that's nothing new.

damn it.

16. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    The movie actually hasn't really been in danger. It's just taking a while to get it made.

Shouldn't the title of this thread be adjusted to reflect the fact that it isn't actually true anymore?

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Maybe not, DLB.

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/guillermo-del-toro-not-directing-the-hobbit.php

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/05/29/36902-dont-panic-hobbit-not-on-hold-indefinitely

It's still possible Jackson will direct, I guess.

18. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    This is going to be great

19. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I really hope Jackson steps up to direct. In my mind he is the only one who should complete the story (on screen) that he started with FOTR.

20. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    That would be awesome.

21. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Ralph Bakshi should direct The Hobbit.:p

22. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
  23. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    With him dropping out I hope this project dies for a couple years. The two movie deal sounded super retarded. If you want to make a Hobbit movie sweet. But the 2nd movie being based off the appendixes and council stuff would be overkill imo.

24. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Why do you think delaying a couple of years would cause the studio(s) to want to revert two huge money making movies into one?

25. Deema

Deema Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2010
    this is NOT a bigger story than the trailer that is going to be released tonight. No. Not close. Far far less important and amazing than what will be posted on this board before 2 AM PST