main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends One Room Too Small (J/TK fic, post-NJO, 1/1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Enelya_Sol, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    One Room Too Small

Disclaimer: Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo, Tenel Ka, Zekk, and any other mentioned Star Wars character, ship, or thing do not belong to me. They belong to George Lucas, Del Rey, or whoever. I?m just borrowing them.

Summary: Post-NJO (by about 3 years). Fluffly J/TK ficlet.

Characters: Jacen Solo, Tenel Ka, Jaina Solo, Zekk

Author?s Note: Thank you MiaTieska for your help with creating and beta?ing this fic. Much appreciated. :D Also, happy birthday ?Tenel-Ka-. I tried writing a J/TK fic for ya, but well, it sorta wound up having J/Z tendencies too. Whoops! :p

----

Jacen Solo looked down at his comlink for the thirteenth time, still not quite believing the message he had received two hours and four parsecs ago. Now en route from Ossus to the Hapes cluster on a cargo transport he had succeeded in finding room on moments before its departure, the twenty-four year old Jedi Knight had nothing better to do than to listen to the cryptic message once more.

Pressing the button on the small black device, his brandy brown eyes narrowed as his sister?s voice broke the silence of the cramped quarters he had been given. ?Jasa, I hope this message finds you in good health. Zekk and I are currently on Hapes, taking a break from working with the Suns.?

There was a pause, and Jacen was sure that if his sister had been standing right in front of him, she would have been biting her lower lip, unsure as to what to say next. For the fifty fifth time, Jacen wondered what the kriff his sister was doing in the Hapes cluster. And with Zekk for that matter.

?The thing is,? the voice continued, ?we?re worried about Tenel Ka. I?ve tried reaching out to her with the Force to try and figure out what?s wrong,, but she?s been blocking all my attempts. Zekk says it looks like she might have the Balmorra Flu. It doesn?t seem like anything to worry that much over.?

A quick laugh, the sound of a hand slapping a clothed body part, and the message ended. He frowned, his brandy brown eyes narrowing towards the comlink. Jaina sounded so casual in the message. But if Tenel Ka was sick?

And so, here he was, sitting on the small cot, his hands nervously running all over the comlink, on his way to the Hapes Cluster. On the last check, the pilot had told him they would pull out of hyperspace within the hour. Jacen could have sworn it had been through gritted teeth. Jacen blinked. So what if he was eager to be planet side? He was worried. About his sister, about Zekk (why was he with Jaina again?), and most of all about Tenel Ka. The Queen Mother. His best friend from his boyhood days at the old Jedi Academy on Yavin Four. His first love and his now?.

His now what?

The Jedi ran a finger through his tousled brown hair, wondering when he had let it grow so long. It needed to get cut at some point. He chuckled. If only his mother could see him now. On second thought, perhaps it was perhaps for the best she didn?t.

Playing the comlink message once again, Jacen Solo sighed. Did it contain a hidden message? Was Jaina playing a prank? Was Tenel Ka?s condition worse than she let on? Why did it stop so suddenly?

It was going to be a long trip to Hapes.

Jaina Solo grinned wickedly at Zekk as she pointed out a specific name on the passenger manifest to her companion. ?He?s coming,? she said with a laugh.

The dark haired Jedi reached over the woman and grabbed the datapad from her hands, earning a small punch in protest. He stepped away quickly, careful to avoid other beings in the crowded spaceport, out of range of Jaina?s grasp. He chuckled when she stuck her tongue out at him, reminding him distinctly of the girl he knew growing up on Coruscant. He smiled back at her and then turned his emerald gaze towards the datapad.

?I told you it would work, Jay,? Zekk replied.

Jaina nodded, walking towards the other Jedi. She stopped half a meter in front of him, hands folded against her chest as she looked at him se

2. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Woohoo! Even better than when I first saw it!

Cute mushy awesome fic. I swear...you're like...almost leaning me towards J/Z.... no no no stop it!

;)

Jaina and Zekk were funny. And LOL... I can really see now how watching James Bond while writing this helped with Jacen. ;)

I want more!

-Mia

3. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    *insert incoherent laughter and rambling here*

Jaina....locking Jacen and Tenel Ka.....into a closet.... APRIL! HEATHER! You find this as funny as I do, right?

;)

Ah, brilliant, brilliant, I love it. Good stuff! >P

4. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    I can just imagine what woudl happen if some aide went looking for Tenel Ka. LOL. I don't imagine they'd look for her in a closet, but when she did turn up and they asked where she had been.... LOL.

And Jaina and Zekk, wonderful! I love J/Z!

Wonderful! :D

5. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Very Nice. I love Jacen and TK together.

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    That was kriffin' awesome, Enelya! Awesome J/TK and J/Z. Yes, those two should be locked in a closet until they resolve their...issues.

7. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    :D

That was so cute! Great job, especially with a character as difficult to pull off in one post as Tenel Ka. :) Look forward to seeing other fics by you!

~*~Austyn

8. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    ^________________________________^

I love this story so much. :D I can't even describe my love for it without rambling incoherently.

*hugs* Thank you sooo much~!

9. Flaming_Sword

Flaming_Sword Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I'll read I promise!! Just give me a few days!
    *Flame*

10. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    MiaTieska: Thank you so much! :) And as for having you lean towards J/Z... :D :D :D <3 Hehehe, I should make that my mission from now on. Hehe. :) As for watching James Bond, that was an accident...my mom had it on. And I wound up writing a suave Jacen. Hehe, oh well.

djcat - Thank you! Glad you found it so funny. It was the first plot bunny that popped into my head. Glad it worked out well. :D

Kazzy - Hehe, thanks. I wonder what TK's excuse would be. She definately wouldn't mention the closet, but hmmm.... Well, I guess they're lucky Jaina caught them in there and no one else did. :)

Jaina_Solo_59: Thank you!

RK_Striker_JK_5: Thanks! I'm glad you liked the J/Z and J/TK. Well, I think being locked in a closet worked in the fic. Silly characters.

Daughterofflame: Thank you! I'm glad you think I did a good job writing Tenel Ka. :D She's such a difficult character to write. And if you're interested, I do have other fics...there are links in the profile.

-Tenel-Ka-: Dude, I'm glad you love it. Cause it was your birthday fic and everything, after all. You're so very welcome. I'd like to add in that I even had it done by midnight for ya! XD

Flaming_Sword: That's nice of ya to post! I hope you like it when you read it! :)

11. Flaming_Sword

Dec 18, 2003
    That was so funny!! I loved it! Great job!
    *Flame*

12. Flaming_Sword

Dec 18, 2003
  13. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    nice I like it.

14. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    We at the YJK index, have noticed that your story fits our criteria for admission. If you would like your story to be part of the index please PM the YJK_Index or Trickster_Jaina_Fel with the following information:

Title: (with separate URL)
    Your screen name, and the sn's of any co-writers, with separate URLs for each profile:
    Summary:
    Keywords (ie: main characters, pairings, genres)
    Author's Notes (if you have any)

Thank you
    ~Rose~

15. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Way cool. I like a good J/TK fic. There's just a sad lack of 'em around. Write a couple more. If they're half as good as this, I'll be happy.

16. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    *squees*

That was just so cute! [face_love] [face_love] I like the conspiracy to get Jacen & Tenel Ka together; for a pair of powerful Jedi Knights attuned to the universe, they're pretty oblivious about each other. [face_laugh] :D

17. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    LOL this is great!!!!! I loved everything about this, very nicely done.

Fireyforce

18. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Wonderful. I love the J/TK. Very well done.

19. C3P0_R2D2

C3P0_R2D2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2005
    [face_hypnotized]

Purdy!!!

Interesting end result. Perhaps people should do this in more fics?

*eyes glaze over*

Okay, if we reroute the engine of a car from making it go forward, and instead making it blow up inside, and threw it into the time-space continuom, then maybe the internal combustion would tear open a link to the palace and we could enact this genius plan?!?!?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.