main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST One scene you want in VIII or IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Allana_Rey, Feb 4, 2016.

1. prlrocks

prlrocks Jedi Master star 2

Jun 15, 2009
    Since we are at the first temple of the Jedi, I think it would be awesome to have a scene where Luke walks Rey around the island and shows her the ruins and tells her all he has learned about early Jedi history.

Beyond that I want the basics:
    -Luke: I am you father. Rey: I know
    -Luke and Rey bonding. Not just training. I want a few moments were we see these two bond on a emotional level. The relationship does not have to be prefect either. Some conflict can be good.
    -Luke and Leia reunion, which is a mix of happiness, anger, love and regret.
    -Rey meets her mother, who is very much alive
    -Now that Carrie is gone and there likely will be no Leia confronting her son scene, I feel that force ghost Anakin really is the only option to try to achieve the same emotional punch. Anakin more then any other would know what Kylo is facing (he too was used and manipulated by a man for his power) and at this point might be the only one who could bring him back now that his parents are gone.
    -Luke (and later Rey) talking to Obi-Wan, Yoda and most importantly Anakin

nightangel likes this.
  2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
  3. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Yoda/ Luke reunion scene.

CarboniteSolo likes this.
  4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
  5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I want a decent touch on the Prequels.
    Not just a prop in the background or throwaway line.
    I want a solid incorporation of old Prequel mythology.

Don't get me wrong. I can offend true Prequel fan by ripping into parts of the movies ruthlessly, but they are part of the Grand Story. It would widen the Epic's scale.

Go back to Naboo. Talk about Padme. Old surviving Clones. Some serious "yeah, this is part of the story".

6. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    Luke vs Snoke.

nightangel likes this.
  7. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Sure. But Rogue One did far more than include a prop in the background or a throwaway line. It went to Mustafar, and hung out there for quite some time. So the new films are already going there in a substantial way.

But I agree. Connecting the new films to both the OT and PT does inspire a more epic thrill.

TheManFromMortis and Tommytom like this.
  8. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001

A world of no!!!!!

Actually, I'd like a mirrored scene to Han and Kylo on the bridge, only it's Kylo and Rey. (Shut up and relax, I'm not even talking romance) during the final battle where Rey is almost totally Dark but let's say her eyes are kind of yellow, Kylo is not exactly Light but working on it, and he's the one to talk some sense into her because he's the only one that knows what it is like to be turned into Snoke's monster. This time he's the one asking her to come home because her friends miss her and is ready to get run through by her lightsaber. This time the Darksider gives in to the Light. They defeat Snoke. No more good guys have to die. Rey is the hero, Kylo gets to slink off into the outer rim for a life of exile and atonement.

Before anyone jumps all over me, the thread title was what did we each want, not what we want another person to want.

9. CrazyBladeUK

CrazyBladeUK Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 13, 2015
    Before I say what I want, one thing I don't want to see if Kylo being redeemed. No, no and thrice no! Which leads me nicely to my 'wants'...

I want Kylo to reclaim the Sith. He doesn't have to ditch the Knights of Ren, or even abandon the teachings of Snoke, although I'd love to see him kill Snoke and take on the mantle of Leader of the First Order. He doesn't necessarily have to take the Darth title, but I definitely want to see him take the Dark Lord of the Sith.

I'd love to see a scene with Luke and Leia, and Leia and R2. There will not be a dry eye in the house.

Mister Bones! Make it happen.

And finally Luke conversing with his Father, Obi Wan and Yoda as Force Ghosts.

10. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I actually like the concept of Kylo taking an action which confers personal redemption upon him (saving someone's like, helping the Resistance, etc), but then surviving and being imprisoned for life.

Then the next trilogy could revisit him there... ala Magneto (incidentally one of the only superhero film villains I enjoy watching).

11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I could live with this as long as it is clear that he has to pay for his crimes and not everything is just forgiven because he says 'sorry'. But he would need a special high-security prison to be sure he cannot escape. ;)

12. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    A holocron inside Anakin's lightsaber.

oncafar and CrazyBladeUK like this.
  13. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Well, yeah. The life imprisonment makes that clear. ;)

nightangel likes this.
  14. BlurryUFOs

BlurryUFOs Jedi Master star 3

Sep 24, 2016
    I'd be interested jusy in seeing what type of facility they create in order to hold him, and the measures they'd have to employ

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  15. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I really want a 'hero' moment. ie: Luke swinging over the chasm or Luke on the sail barge.

the SW music swells, something awesome happens. Needs to be rey. But her journey is more akin to ESB now, so not sure.

16. Jedi_Master_Laker

Jedi_Master_Laker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 27, 2002
    Anakin, Obi-Wan and Luke trying to reason with Ben about how Snoke is using him.

17. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    Since it happened with the other two Jedi heroes in the saga, it'll be no doubt at some point Rey will be inflicted with Force lightning.

18. StarVars

StarVars Jedi Knight

Nov 21, 2016
    A rad party. Like rockin', not just hanging out with ewoks with no glimmerstim at all

BenYodaDagobah likes this.
  19. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    - I want to see Snoke do something that has NEVER been seen before in SW. Some feat of great power. Maybe releasing dark matter from his fingertips, as opposed to lightning. Or flames from his eyes or mouth? Force flames...

- Also, at least SOME romantic element... I know it's not essential, or the top of anyone's list (except for hardcore Reylos...:p) but it would add a great deal, and is consistent with the previous trilogies (for better or worse...xD).

- Threepio and Artoo more involved in proceedings.

- Force ghost Anakin appearing to Luke. References to Shmi, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in their dialogue. 'You can't stop the change, no more than you can stop the suns from setting.'

- Poe is, seemingly, killed off...again, which sends Finn crazy. Though he returns to save the day, except he has received serious injuries (maybe he has an eye patch??)

- Leia stating she will never give up on her son, no matter what he's done. She already forgives him. It's unlikely they share a scene, but I wanna see Ben rage against her forgiveness, refusing it, and this is what breaks him.

- Leia using the Force more than we, or even she knew she ever could.

20. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    I want to see some real Falcon action. A shot from behind with both (does it still have two?) turrets blazing while being fired on.

21. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The Resistance wiped out except for Finn and Rey. Just when it looks like things are over for them too the Ewok and Gungan Alliance swoops in to save them.

22. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Some epic space battles; some which will incorporate some new special effects technology would be great.:)

23. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    Luke and Rey discussing the Force, the Jedi, and Kylo on Ahch-To. I want this to be a major storyline in TLJ, even more so than Luke on Dagobah in TESB.

24. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    A scene that's a callback to when Luke called out to Leia for help through the Force, this time with a different pair of siblings. :)

25. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    For me, there isn't any other moment, within the entire OT, that captures the same feeling and soul as the final dual in ROTJ. ROTJ is clearly the most emotional star wars film of the original 3.

For me that dual is probably the most emotional moment in all of Star Wars. Even though the prequels are more theatrical,the dual in Jedi is probably my favorite out of every Star Wars film to date. It has raw emotion and intensity. I might as even go as far to say it's my favorite sequence in any star wars film.

TFA also has a very emotional dual. So I anticipate and hope for the greatest emotional sequence of any Star Wars film yet. They owe that to us, because was the ending of the entire saga...it was epic, beautiful, emotional... we deserve nothing less from 8 and 9...To me, it has a lot to live up to.

BenYodaDagobah likes this.