Lit One Sentence or Less -- A FOREST APART

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Obi-Wan learns through a TV in a sports bar that Anakin survived, and Vader deals with his guilt over killing Padme by killing Fang Zar.
    Point Given, Ulicus, COMPNOR and 4 others like this.
  2. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    Vader stops moping about Padamame or Panda Bear or whatever and starts throwing lightsabers at people!
    windu4, Ulicus, mnjedi and 4 others like this.
  3. GrandMasterKatarn Force Ghost

star 4
    Jedi live after Order 66 so Vader kicks @$$ and takes Wookiees as slaves for the construction of the Death Star with Tarkin
  4. mnjedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Obi-Wan gets another valuable reminder that you should make sure the people you kill are actually dead before walking away while watching the news in a cantina, fortunately for Darth Krayt, Obi-Wan is also a very slow learner.
  5. DarthRelaxus Force Ghost

star 4
    Anakin finally stops whining.
    Last edited by DarthRelaxus, Feb 16, 2013
    Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  6. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    @AdmiralWesJanson wins his first round (I think? Don't have my notes with me) amid steep competition.

[IMG]

And because I can't seem to say it enough, THIS IS NOT A REVIEW THREAD. Be snarky if you're so inclined, but if your entry is 200 words of scorn for Karen Traviss I will disqualify it.
    Random Comments and RC-1991 like this.
  7. GrandMasterKatarn Force Ghost

star 4
    A Republic Commando unit that is not Delta Squad lands on a farmworld to team up with a Jedi Padawan and a shapeshifter to ruin a Mandalorian's day just to capture a scientist developing a chemical bioweapon targeting the 36th Fett genome
    Last edited by GrandMasterKatarn, Feb 16, 2013
  8. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    Karen Traviss', Omega's, and Etain's spectacular debut, before any of us knew exactly how they would all just as spectacularly let us down.
  9. jSarek VIP

VIP
    star 4
    Enjoy it while you can, 'cuz it's all downhill from here.
  10. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
    The book that takes us crawling in the weeds (and the merlie dung) with Omega Squad's Niner, Darman, Fi and Atin under the 'leadership' of Jedi Padawan Etain Tur-Mukan; assisted by Jinart, a shapeshifting Gurlanin; on a mission to eliminate a Clone-specific Separatist Bio-weapon that is under-development on the world of Qiilura.
    Last edited by Tim Battershell, Feb 17, 2013
    Mia Mesharad likes this.
  11. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    Yep, my first win!

Hard Contact:
    Rainbow Six: Star Wars with snappy dialogue, characterful clones, a non-superpowered Jedi, shapeshifters, bioweapons, and interesting villians- too bad the Mandolorians will come in and take over in later books and all the characters will start acting like clones.
    colojedi7, AusStig, CooperTFN and 2 others like this.
  12. DarthRelaxus Force Ghost

star 4
    A Padawan becomes a pedophile.
  13. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I haven't read it, and many have said that my decision to not read it may be a wise one.
  14. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    You should, it shows why a lot of people thought Traviss was going to do great things for the EU. For me, it remains her best book.
  15. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    So, I should read it, and then afterward, begin the process of dying inside.
  16. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    You could've stopped at "Rainbow Six: Star Wars". :p
    MistrX likes this.
  17. AusStig Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yes Karren, more like this.

Edit.

Has nothing to do with the Game!!:)
    Last edited by AusStig, Feb 17, 2013
  18. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, but isn't the whole point of this game to create ridiculous run on sentences to stay barely in the one sentence only limit while mangling common decency all in the hopes of valueless internet kudos, kind of like this post?

:p
    RC-1991 and Random Comments like this.
  19. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    NO IT MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT. [face_not_talking]
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Feb 18, 2013
  20. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    Now that I'm reading the Bounty Hunter Wars for the first time I've gone back and looked at the Slave Ship summaries since I've just finished it. Spot freakin' on. I hadn't read the cover blurb until after finishing the book and wow. Between that and the droid, that has to be one of the most straight up inaccurate Star Wars covers I've ever seen. Seems Bantam really was the era of not caring. Anyway, sorry for jumping off topic. Hard Contact, carry on.
  21. godisawesome Jedi Master

star 1
    Hard contact: prove that the Tom Clancy formula even works in Star Wars.
  22. mnjedi Jedi Master

star 1
    The Traviss novel least likely to inspire a 200 word run-on sentence of scorn.
  23. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Tied at five - though generally I expected a little more competition with this one. One more day.
  24. ezekiel22x Force Ghost

star 4
    A book that ties into a game and a movie, both of which were called Rambo, if I recall correctly.
  25. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    A book that is excruciatingly long to read despite its length, but surprising gem amongst the EU at the end of the day.
    Last edited by BoromirsFan, Feb 18, 2013