main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Comics A/V One Sentence or Less -- ANDOR (SEASON 1)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    The birth of the EU, plus blue-skinned genius Thrawn, sexy red head Mara Jade, and successful smuggler Talon Karde, and introducing the idea that clones of Force-sensitives are insane, oh and did we mention Thrawn yet?

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    The book that launched the EUuuu.

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Jello's post is so damned good and so wickedly funny that Coop might as well just move on to Dark Force Rising. :p

--Adm. Nick

Zorrixor and Sinrebirth like this.
  4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Indeed. I wonder if Jello can manage to subvert expectations (by not mentioning Thrawn or Pellaeon) for all three? ;)

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    At this point, my expectations for Jello are roughly this:

[​IMG]

Anything else is sub-par.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Challenge accepted.

edit: That is, I_L's challenge -- yours might be a bit tougher to meet, Coop. :p

7. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    This site is movie summaries, but a lot of them are hilarious.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That's basically what I've been trying to say all along!!

Point Given and Zorrixor like this.
  9. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    ...and participation is at an all-time high. I like it. This is easily one of my favorite threads ever.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    There was a thread in the Amph called the "propaganda versions" where we'd try to think of stuff like that for all sorts of movies. I should see if it's still open...

And who are all these people who voted for Jello? and didn't vote for me:p I think that's the highest turnout this game has seen. Clearly changing the title works.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, I voted for you :p

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Democracy at its finest. [face_mischief]

13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually, I think I just proved that *I* am the heir to the Empire. :p

Zorrixor and cthugha like this.
  14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    New Rule: if Jello wins by more than ten votes, he has to be the Official Thread Title Changer in perpetuity.

Random Comments and Zorrixor like this.
  15. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    The book that started it all, also Thrawn.

16. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    And part one of our Thrawn Trilogy extravaganza concludes with Jello earning 22 votes, which I'm pretty sure is the most ever for an entry, at least as of each round's conclusion. 22 also happens to be 11 more than Todd, the nearest competitor, so Jello also gets to change the title for me! Yay!!

Dark Force Rising.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Ackbar is arrested, and though he told them that it was a trap, nobody believed him.

18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Luke rescues Mara from C'baoth so she can rescue him from C'baoth so he can rescue Karrde from Thrawn, Han gets to hang out with his childhood hero who founded the Rebellion and then ran off to start a solo rebellion because Mon Mothma is a giant fascist, Leia spends the whole book out in the sticks with a bunch of alien midget ninjas convincing them that they were exploited by Darth Vader and she's not exploiting them but also it's totally cool and special and stuff that she's Vader's daughter, and Thrawn gets one up on everyone because this is the middle book and TESB proved that's what happens in the middle.

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Zahn's Fun With Puns: Part 2

20. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Thrawn uses the new tools he recently acquired and his impressive skills to gain a decided advantage against the New Republic.

Random Comments likes this.
  21. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    Leia rescues midgets from enslavement by proving their droids aren't cutting the grass as fast as they should be; meanwhile, Han loses a race to a fat bearded man who smokes a lot.

Runjedirun, COMPNOR and RC-1991 like this.
  22. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Mon Mothma's a fascist because Garm Bel Iblis is a supreme godlike warrior nor unlike Kyle Katarn, Thrawn proves that the ESB way it the only way to win the middle book, Luke and Mara flirt shamelessly while rescuing Talon, Leia hangs out with the Noghri, and Han loses a race to some fat smoker

23. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    A group of ninja Munchkins are persuaded by Leia to turn against the Bad Guy while Han goes on a treasure hunt with Lando and Sean Connery.

colojedi7 likes this.
  24. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Ackbar gets Valorum-ed by Borsk Fey'lya; meanwhile, Han and Lando discover a group of rebels that is rebelling against the rebellion against the Empire.

TOD-UK, Zorrixor and Random Comments like this.
  25. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    To help fight the Imperial Grand Admiral who has been in the freezer so long that his skin's turned blue, Leia makes an alliance with a group of ninja midgets who never realised that her father was trying to turn them into Teenage Mutant Ninja TurtMidgets by poisoning their world.